Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    2ndamendsis wrote:

Lol, months ago. Fyi: I don't put too much stock in those records. They're missing too many votes that are important. They're just my jumping off point when I'm researching Congress.
    Months ago? Rep. Hunter didn't announce he was running months ago. As for taking stock in "those records," I take stock in every tidbit of information I can find. Personally, I feel what I offered was a good glimpse at comparing Tancredo and Hunter - sorry you don't agree.

jean wrote:

Off his website found:
    Congressman Duncan Hunter
    1870 Cordell Ct, Ste 206
    El Cajon, CA 92020
    PHONE: (619) 448-5201
    FAX: (619) 449-2251
    Thanks, Jean. I'll call his office on Tuesday.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I do think with Duncan Hunter in the mix he'll force others to talk about the subjects of illegal immigration and the North American Union. That in itself would be a very good thing for this country. Most politicians don't want to talk about those issues as we know.
    Jean, you are so right. I really hope he wastes no time prior to the primaries to force the other candidates to talk about this and to disclose their positions. If he doesn't win the Republican primary, further discussion of at least the NAU could fade into the background if the Dem vs Repub candidates end up being Mccain vs Hillary.

I think Hunter has a couple major things going for him other than his position on border security and immigration - one is his opposition to the free trade agreements. He is generally on the same side as the Dems but the opposite side from McCain, and he has established a pattern of concern about American jobs. This could be a cornerstone of this candidacy, and would sit very well with Americans. His opposition to the FTAs would also be consistent with opposition to the NAU. If McCain claimed to be against a NAU/SPP, certainly his voting record on FTAs would be in conflict with this.

I also think a candidate who is TRULY honest, like I perceive Hunter to be (Jean, jump in here!), amid all of the corruption of Washington and the doublespeak of people like McCain and Hillary, could really distinguish himself. It would be up to Hunter to make this attribute come through for the public by being willing to speak candidly about tough issues.

On immigration, he would need to focus on tough border security and show how Dems and people like McCain have shown no concern for the American middle class or poor Americans with their desire to give a mass amnesty. This really is a matter of compassion and fairness - compassion toward Americans, their future and that of their children, and fairness toward legal immigrants who waited for many long years to come here. There are so many ways to turn this issue around to bite the Dems and McCain in their backsides!

Very well said Kate. Yes, I believe Hunter is honest and a truly decent human being. A rare quality for a politician. If a candidate comes out strong re helping protect and save the middle class that could be the drum to beat to get momentum going. Borders are not being protected nor American jobs. Whatever that all entails he should focus on.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

Banned
    Duncan Hunter is the "Honorary Chairman" of this PAC. It's interesting reading on his stand on the issues and includes a bit about his presidential campaign. There is an area to donate as well as volunteer. I think he is running issues ads from this PAC.

http://www.peacethroughstrengthpac.com/Home.aspx

Banned
    Has anyone seen any comments by Hunter regarding the SPP/NAU? I'd really like to hear what he has to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Has anyone seen any comments by Hunter regarding the SPP/NAU? I'd really like to hear what he has to say about this.
    Please see this thread which I posted a letter he sent to me re this issue:
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... sc&start=0

Or I could just repost the letter here too if you all want.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Thanks Jean - here it is. I'm glad to see that he (1) acknowledges the SPP/NAU, (2) states that it would be an "international government" similar to the EU, and that (3) he is concerned about sovereignty. I wrote a while back to Senator Dole about the SPP/NAU and got back one of those letters that said absolutely nothing other than "thank you for your comments." It didn't even include reference to what I had written her about. It was clear that she/the staff person had absolutley no idea how to respond.

So good, I'm glad to see that Hunter is willing to hit this head on.

Sept 27, 2006
    Dear ...

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the North American Union (NAU) and with your kind words of encouragement. It's good to hear from you.

As you know, the NAU is a proposed international government emcompassing the nations of Canada, the U.S., and Mexico similar to the European Union. The proposal, which was defined in a May 2005 Council on Foreign Relations task force report, is an expansion of the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP). SPP was launched in March 2005 as a trilateral effort to increase security through greater information sharing among the three countries.

Like you, I believe we must be vigilant to protect our sovereignty and ensure that we are always free to act in our own best interest. For this reason, I have consistently voted against free trade agreements like NAFTA, and have opposed international quasi-governmental bodies like the World Trade Organization. Rest assured that I will closely monitor these initiatives to ensure that America's sovereignty is not disrupted in deference to our international commitments.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Should you have further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to conact me.

Sincerely, Duncan Hunter, Member of Congress

April
    I read the links provided to information on both Duncan Hunter and TomTancredo. I am very impressed with both of them. Duncan Hunter sounds like an awesome candidate!

Thank you Kate for bringing it forward. I thought you might want to read the other posts at that thread also although by now there are many threads where Hunter has been discussed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast