Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    michelle wrote:

Ok, I hear you. I got your point.
    Just as 2 wrongs don't make a right, the same with a good thing doesn't reverse a bad thing.

She had to ask court to remove her deportation order, instead of escaping authorities. You are right, I was wrong.
    Thank you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy
    Being the wife of a senator makes her special? Give me a break. She should be deported like everyone else for BREAKING the law.
    Not being the wife of a senator makes her special, but her marriage to a US citizen allows her to stay. I can marry any male and bring him to the US or the EU. It's called human rights. My human right is to be able to keep my 2 passports without having to fear losing one.

Michelle,

Maybe you should study immigration law a little closer before you go spouting about stuff in which you are obviously illiterate. One of the biggest immigration frauds is the "marriage = Green Card" scam.
    OBL IDIOTS MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL!!!!!
    will ask you a couple questions:

1) Do you know for a fact how long this woman has been married to this US Citizen? The article does not say. Long enough could mean their marriage is genuine.

2) When a foreigner marries a citizen how long has he/she to wait before she/he can qualify for a green card? The article does not say that. If she stayed here long enough she might have a right to do that. If she qualifies and did not apply for the green card shame on both persons.

3) Do you know if this woman had petitioned political assylum? This potentially allows her to stay until her case is resolved.

This article might not tell the whole story

She was out of status when they got married, per previous article. She was issued a deportation order. Enough said.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sakamakakara
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    Being the wife of a senator makes her special? Give me a break. She should be deported like everyone else for BREAKING the law.
    Not being the wife of a senator makes her special, but her marriage to a US citizen allows her to stay. I can marry any male and bring him to the US or the EU. It's called human rights. My human right is to be able to keep my 2 passports without having to fear losing one.

Michelle,

Maybe you should study immigration law a little closer before you go spouting about stuff in which you are obviously illiterate. One of the biggest immigration frauds is the "marriage = Green Card" scam.
    OBL IDIOTS MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL!!!!!
    will ask you a couple questions:

1) Do you know for a fact how long this woman has been married to this US Citizen? The article does not say. Long enough could mean their marriage is genuine.

2) When a foreigner marries a citizen how long has he/she to wait before she/he can qualify for a green card? The article does not say that. If she stayed here long enough she might have a right to do that. If she qualifies and did not apply for the green card shame on both persons.

3) Do you know if this woman had petitioned political assylum? This potentially allows her to stay until her case is resolved.

This article might not tell the whole story
    1) They met in December 2005 and were married in April 2006. She was here on a student visa that had expired.

2) If she was out of status at the time of the marriage she could wait until hell froze over and wouldn't qualify.

3) No, she has not applied for asylum. Asylum is probably hard to get from Columbia...

I have followed this case closely as the senator's district is a mere 10 miles from where I live.

2)

I think this Senator should be recalled for his impunity of ignoring this country's laws! Do they not take an oath to obey this country's laws, when they take office? We need a focus campaign hell bent on getting this man out of office!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Yes I agree but you know they think when it comes to the law it is, "a law unto themselves."

Looking for update on this

I have been looking everywhere for an update on this and can not find anything.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about getting a update on the status of this?

Re: Looking for update on this

Quote Originally Posted by rwright
    I have been looking everywhere for an update on this and can not find anything.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about getting a update on the status of this?
    Live here in Gwinnett county and haven't heard a thing!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm willing to bet she was given residency because of her husband's position. If she wasn't married to a state senator, the "hearing" would have taken more than 24 hours and she would have been deported.

Proof that all illegal aliens are not created equal.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by The Atlanta Journal Constitution (click masthead)

Senator's wife is awarded residency
    'Frustrating' process: A victim of paperwork errors, Colombia native was threatened with deportation.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The (GA) Page Number: J1 Word Count: 502, June 30, 2007

Good news sometimes comes in the most indistinct packages. It took hours for Sascha Thompson to realize the plain white envelope on her kitchen counter contained the words that would end months of restless nights: "Welcome to the United States." The envelope from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services agency also contained her green card, a document giving her permanent legal residency. "I feel good," said Thompson, the... Source Truncated Article (click here)
    Right you are. In this nation of law and order, justice and fair play, it seems RHIP. It'll get worse under Junior (obama, that is).
    '58 Airedale

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast