Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

People are very passionate here, and I would like to think that it is a good thing. We've all had to agree to disagree at some point, there isn't anything wrong with that. And Sheri, we are very glad to have you here too.

I would not convict someone based on rhetoric and innuendo, and I would not seek to short-circuit our system of justice based on rhetoric and innuendo.
    Well I am almost too timid to dip my toe in this hot water but what the hey....

Thought: Has anyone here ever been shot in the bums?

It is my understanding that when you get shot in that part of your anatomy running becomes somewhat difficult. Yet the drug runner ran AWAY and swam across the river, jumped into his truck and drove away. Is that correct?

So when was he shot in the bums?

What is the date of the medical treatment he received in Mexico?

What is the range of the weapons used by the border patrol?

Was a bullet recovered from his behind?

Is not the task assigned to the border patrol that they protect and defend the border and in addition stop the drug running?

Were they not fullfilling that task when they attempted to prevent this admitted drug runner from escaping?

Why were they issued firearms if they were not expected to use them in the execution of their mission?

If you decide to perform a known illegal act are you not subject to the consequences of that act? The consequences being shot in the bums when you attempt to escape.

Wish I had sat on that jury I would like to know when and where exactly this injury occured. I would like to see the specific job descriptions ascribed to the border patrol. I would like to see any statements of immunity that is provided them during the performance of those duties.

I would also like to know WHY everyone else who holds political office in this country gets immunity for their actions that work against the People and those who fullfill their oath of office are penalized. Guess its just another aspect of having walked through the looking glass with Alice. wrong is right, up is down and wounded bums still function.

It seems to me that "circumstantial evidence" and "plausible denial" has gotten this nation's system of justice into a whole lot of trouble. I forgot to add "jury intimidation" in that list of complaints. And yes that last point is inuendo based upon historical evidence.

About the only way a CRIMINAL can be convicted in this country (ie mafia) seems to be income tax evasion and that in and of itself is illegal since you yourself told me that the 16th ammendment was never properly ratified.

As far as short circuiting our system of justice... the neocons and UN have done that already. Look closely at some of the cases in courts at this moment. If one attempts to defend oneself using the Constitution it is not allowed by the judge.

Crocket my dear friend our system of justice (Constitutional Law) was underminded a long time ago and you da...m well know that. So I ask you who short circuited what Crocket? I don't think the comment made in this thread underminded nor did it create the system of justice currently active in this nation today. I think there is substantial historical reference that would support the supposition that "THE CLONE" and his cabal did that a long time ago.

That's my opinion and I am entitled to have it and share it until the hate laws are passed then anything goes.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

April
    SherriCorell wrote:

Meant to say " I grew up with politicians, so I know fairly well how they work as well, and they're NOT always on the up and up, ethical, honest or fair.
    I just came over to see what the folks here were thinking about the verdict; not to cause trouble.

Sherri , you are correct , however sometimes people have a hard time grasping the depth of corruption some of these politicians have reached. You have a right to your opinion, as all of us do, however sometimes you will be attacked for voicing it, that does not mean you in any way caused trouble or were in the wrong. When you voice you opinion it helps other people look at all sides of an issue and sometimes opens new options for them. Difference of opinion can be a very good thing and it is what being an American is all about.Where would we be if we did not have Freedon of Speech?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Sheri, don't be too hard on Crocket he's a good guy. Sure, he's like a Shakespearian Doogie Howser on Crack, but he is ours, and we love him just the way he is. I love a literal perspective, because he is right, most of us here are not...or at least not as much as we should be sometimes. We are angry Crocket, mostly because we feel helpless. We are tired of the conditions in our country, and especially on the border. Something has to give. Any who...It is nice to have someone on the team who can stay level headed and give us food for thought. That is the great thing about ALIPAC. Have a good night.
    Neese, my friend, I understand the frustration and I share it. But frustration, like fear, is a tool that can be used against us.

Are you a sports fan, Neese? If so, how many times have you seen a player on one team so frustrate a player on the other team that he gets him off his game and causes him to take stupid fouls? You can't win a war if you can be fooled into charging from the foxhole at every sound from the enemy line.

What I am asking is that those among you who are reasonable and intelligent people use the internet and other resources to actually pore over the facts BEFORE rushing to judgment. Like you, I was outraged when I heard about these agents being prosecuted for having shot an illegal alien trafficking narcotics. Unfortunately, I have been putting in 65-70 hour workweeks since before Christmas, and so I only recently had the chance to examine the available evidence. That evidence points to a case of well-intentioned defenders of these agents going off half-cocked and accusing the state of a conspiracy where there appears to be none. If the evidence presented, including that of fellow agents, is accurate (and we as yet have no reason other than natural suspicion of the government to believe otherwise), then these agents did in fact make critical errors of judgment that have, among other things, made it impossible to prosecute the damned narcoltics mule who is at the center of this controversy. Whether the sentence was excessive (it probably is, even though it appears to be the result of mandatory minimums set by the legislature) is an open question that I am also willing to discuss. I find little merit in attempting to discuss it, however, with an angry mob that's ready to accuse me of collusion with or apologism for politicians and officials who I probably distrust as much or more than does anyone on this site. Reason appears to have gone out the window on this subject, and all I am trying to do is to get some of the more reasonable people to take a break until they are able to review BOTH SIDES of the case.

I understand that it is difficult to remain dispassionate, particularly with a few noted firebrands pumping this discussion so full of hyperbole and empty rhetoric that you'd think these agents were Peter and the Apostles being crucified upside down by the Romans, but uninformed advocacy is as dangerous as informed deceit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    SherriCorell wrote:

Meant to say " I grew up with politicians, so I know fairly well how they work as well, and they're NOT always on the up and up, ethical, honest or fair.
    [quote:1ib28wjs]I just came over to see what the folks here were thinking about the verdict; not to cause trouble.

Sherri , you are correct , however sometimes people have a hard time grasping the depth of corruption some of these politicians have reached. You have a right to your opinion, as all of us do, however sometimes you will be attacked for voicing it, that does not mean you in any way caused trouble or were in the wrong. When you voice you opinion it helps other people look at all sides of an issue and sometimes opens new options for them. Difference of opinion can be a very good thing and it is what being an American is all about.Where would we be if we did not have Freedon of Speech? [/quote:1ib28wjs]
    Good point. What a pity that sentiment is not extended to those who simply ask for a sober reassessment of the facts before a rush to judgment...

April
    Crocket, all of our opinions are respected on this website that is how William set this website up and continues to run it that way and I am very thankful for that!

Where would we be if we did not have Freedon of Speech?
    IN the NORTH AMERICAN UNION

sorry couldn't help myself
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Crocket,
    Do you take the governments word for everything?

In my opinion, you come across as if you think you're superior to everyone else here and their opinion is less valid than yours.

I'm amazed at your arrogance
    Sherri, it would be easy to think that about Crocket if you didn't know him too well. I don't think badly of you for saying that, but I truly believe when you get to know him that you will find him to be someone who you will really like and respect a lot.

Most of the time when I get into a discussion with him I end up being corrected or what he says often makes me re-think something or put me on a more realistic track. I don't like it at first, but many times I appreciate it later.

Like a lot of people here, he's extremely informed and very intelligent, and he has an ability to look at things in a very factual and realistic way.

I think in time you will get to know him and you will see why so many of us like him and respect him, even though he can you make you darn mad at least for a few minutes sometimes.

Half the time I'm pretty ticked off with him.....but I'm learning a lot from him too. I just wish he'd bash the President a little more. At least once.
    That would make my day.

But get to know him a little more and you might be surprised at how much you will come to appreciate him.

And by the way, you are very appreciated too !! We're all trying to be the best that we can for the sake of our country and this has important ramifications not just for us, but for other people around the world as well. Standing up for what is right is not easy, but thank God there are still those who are willing to try.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Crocket,
    Do you take the governments word for everything?

In my opinion, you come across as if you think you're superior to everyone else here and their opinion is less valid than yours.

I'm amazed at your arrogance
    Sherri, it would be easy to think that about Crocket if you didn't know him too well. I don't think badly of you for saying that, but I truly believe when you get to know him that you will find him to be someone who you will really like and respect a lot.

Most of the time when I get into a discussion with him I end up being corrected or what he says often makes me re-think something or put me on a more realistic track. I don't like it at first, but many times I appreciate it later.

Like a lot of people here, he's extremely informed and very intelligent, and he has an ability to look at things in a very factual and realistic way.

I think in time you will get to know him and you will see why so many of us like him and respect him, even though he can you make you darn mad at least for a few minutes sometimes.

Half the time I'm pretty ticked off with him.....but I'm learning a lot from him too. I just wish he'd bash the President a little more. At least once.
    That would make my day.

But get to know him a little more and you might be surprised at how much you will come to appreciate him.

And by the way, you are very appreciated too !! We're all trying to be the best that we can for the sake of our country and this has important ramifications not just for us, but for other people around the world as well. Standing up for what is right is not easy, but thank God there are still those who are willing to try.
    LL, I think you are mistaken to some extent about my opinion of the President. I have spoken ill of his policies on numerous occasions on this site. I guess that technically I have not "bashed" him because I try not to "bash" anyone. The term implies gratuitous attack because of a dislike. If and when I attack the President, it's not to say stuff like that he's a reincarnation of Hitler (which another poster here actually suggested) but rather to question the actual substance of his policies. I have also questioned the motivation for many of his policies, but rather than ascribing motivations that come to me out of thin air, I look for actual evidence for motivations. I did the same with Clinton, GWB, Reagan, Carter, Ford and Nixon. I don't go back any further than that because Nixon was the first President I was old enough to actually question (and even then I was only in junior high when he resigned).

The point is that I have in fact complained about Bush, while I don't understand the need to bash anyone. The reason that it seems that I defend Bush is that there is so much over-the-top "Bush is the Antichrist" rhetoric here that is utterly divorced from any reality that rational and sane people live in that it must occasionally be challenged for the counterproductive absurdism that it is.

The reason that it seems that I defend Bush is that there is so much over-the-top "Bush is the Antichrist" rhetoric here that is utterly divorced from any reality that rational and sane people live in that it must occasionally be challenged for the counterproductive absurdism that it is.
    Well, I would tend to agree with you Crocket. I can't bring myself to blame him for things like weather, I don't think he sends hurricanes or plans them or anything. And I do not think he's the anti-Christ either.
    I don't like that kind of talk either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast