Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Group Targets Sheriff Joe & Maricopa Co. Attorney for Re

Group Targeting Maricopa County Sheriff, Attorney for Recall
    November 15th, 2007 @ 12:52am
    by Associated Press

MESA, Ariz. - A group has filed paperwork in an effort to recall Maricopa County's two top law enforcement officials.

The Arizonans for the U.S. Constitution and Recall of Joe Arpaio filed paperwork Oct. 29 to recall Sheriff Joe Arpaio and County Attorney Andrew Thomas and has pledged to spend about $1,000 to gather hundreds of thousands of signatures.

The organization will have to collect 283,300 valid signatures from registered voters in the county in order to put the question of recalling Arpaio on a future ballot, said Yvonne Reed, a spokeswoman for the county.

Reed said it will take 252,039 valid signatures to do the same with Thomas.

In both cases, the group has 120 days from the filing date to collect the signatures. If successful, Reed said it would most likely be on the November 2008 ballot.

Thomas declined to comment on the recall effort but Arpaio said Wednesday that he wasn't worried about it.

``If you can get the 285,000 signatures to recall me, then be my guest. Good luck,'' Arpaio said.

William Crum, the group's treasurer, said many people are unhappy with efforts by the sheriff to enforce federal immigration laws and Arpaio shouldn't be spending county money to enforce them.
    http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=647287
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

``If you can get the 285,000 signatures to recall me, then be my guest. Good luck,'' Arpaio said.
    I hope Sheriff Joe doesn't get recalled. I find it hard to believe that they would find this many signatures. And if they do somehow manage to pull it off, Sheriff Joe should question each signature because who knows how many of them may actually be legal.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    I hope Sheriff Joe doesn't get recalled. I find it hard to believe that they would find this many signatures. And if they do somehow manage to pull it off, Sheriff Joe should question each signature because who knows how many of them may actually be legal.
    It will never happen.Joe is the most popular person in AZ.We need him to run for Gov.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyCountry
    Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    It will never happen.Joe is the most popular person in AZ.We need him to run for Gov.
    LMC, I would love to see that! Joe would beat Janet hands down.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

If you can get the 285,000 signatures to recall me, then be my guest. Good luck,'' Arpaio said.
    Perhaps the Sheriff Joe could use the list of signatures for a huge illegal roundup.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Not only does AZ love Joe, but millions in the country. He's a model for what a law enforcement official should be.

William Crum, the group's treasurer, said many people are unhappy with efforts by the sheriff
    Buddy your last name says it all! To go against what Sheriff Joe is doing should be considered Anti-American.

I do not think that they will get 100,000 name signed.

Sheriff Joe has lots of people who hate him; I do not think that they will be over 100,000 people who will sign the RECALL.
    BigMonkey