Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How much our men and women overseas fighting for this country know that the government is destroying the very country they are dying to defend.
    They just don't know the extent things have come to in the USA.
    In fact, I predict that a whole lot of them are going to be darn mad once they really find out about it.
    This is a perception that really fascinates me - that somehow the people in the military live in a bubble and don't have a clue what's going on in the world. Even the soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines in combat zones have access to the news and internet. Given my confusion over this issue, as soon as I read this thread I went and asked my husband about his opinion on it. As soon as I said "a lot of people think the military is uninformed" he gave me that look - one eyebrow raised, smirking lips and said "Have these people ever heard of the internet?". (My husband is a real smart a$$ sometimes.) I asked him to describe the typical soldier for me. His answer: Just like anyone else, some are hereos, some are scum, most are just collecting a paycheck. Then he finished lacing up his combat boots, put on his beret, pecked me on the cheek and said "Time to go take care of my troops." So rest assured the guys over in Iraq and/or Afghanistan have as much access to knowledge as you or I. The problem is that just like most Americans, they won't do anything with that knowledge.
    And by the way, while we really do appreciate your concern, the whole "oh the poor troops" routine is getting a little old.

I hope Moonbats like these just keep talking!

Liberal says: Minuteman Vigilantism is like executing mentally ill and children!

http://www.alipac.us/article-830-thread-1-0.html

added to the homepage due to the number of posts and reads the article received here in our discussion groups.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And by the way, while we really do appreciate your concern, the whole "oh the poor troops" routine is getting a little old.
    Actually, not to start an argument but I spent all last year in Iraq and I could barely even recognize Texas when I got back.

Your husband must be an officer because I, an enlisted man, was lucky to get into the internet cafe maybe twice a week. I saw satelite T.V. only in the DFAC for about 10 minutes a pop (and even then it was the Commie News Network or HadjiVision). Officers got all the bells and whistles while we actually had to do some work.

I'm with you, Watchpup!

"Vigilantism is like murdering the mentally ill and children?"

Huh? HUH? LOL!!!!!!!

Good God. Can someone please explain this analogy to me? Maybe I'm retarded, but that analogy is bordering on camp! I may become a big fan of this Krebs guy--his flair for trashy histrionics is right out of a John Waters movie!! My entire brain started to shrivel reading his over-the-top, made-for-TV goofiness!!

OMIGOD--he's from Austin! So am I!! I'm gonna go talk to this guy! He just naturally brings out my sense of humor!!

Well--gotta go. I have a hectic schedule of murdering the mentally ill to keep up with!

Your husband must be an officer because I, an enlisted man, was lucky to get into the internet cafe maybe twice a week.
    To paraphrase a quaint old saying, don't call him sir, he works for a living.

I'm not sure where you are or were stationed at but here at Fort Hood, things haven't really changed all that much in the last year. Or maybe a better way of putting it is that a year ago, I wasn't paying all that much attention to illegal immigration. Just speaking from my own experience, until I started looking into it, I didn't notice it.

This is a perception that really fascinates me - that somehow the people in the military live in a bubble and don't have a clue what's going on in the world. Even the soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines in combat zones have access to the news and internet. Given my confusion over this issue, as soon as I read this thread I went and asked my husband about his opinion on it. As soon as I said "a lot of people think the military is uninformed" he gave me that look - one eyebrow raised, smirking lips and said "Have these people ever heard of the internet?". (My husband is a real smart a$$ sometimes.) I asked him to describe the typical soldier for me. His answer: Just like anyone else, some are hereos, some are scum, most are just collecting a paycheck. Then he finished lacing up his combat boots, put on his beret, pecked me on the cheek and said "Time to go take care of my troops." So rest assured the guys over in Iraq and/or Afghanistan have as much access to knowledge as you or I. The problem is that just like most Americans, they won't do anything with that knowledge.
    I gotta agree. Not everyone in the US military that is "overseas" is in Iraq and Afghanisatan. I spent two years in South Korea while I was in the service and I don't recall having trouble getting information (and this was before the internet). Granted the guys in the hills of northeastern Afghanistan may not be getting breaking news, for the most part, the US military is pretty well informed.

If you're at Hood take a look at some of the "contractors" that are there on post and some of the "hired help" they're using. Especially in the new housing units that are (or maybe were; I haven't been there since April) going up in Comanche and N. Hood.

And you can forget about Killeen. All of the new housing developments and neighborhoods are made strictly with criminal alien labor. Not coincidentally, they'll all be worthless and unlivable within two years. We had friends that lived off of Modoc in Harker Heights, which was the "officer neighborhood". Now it's brimming with gangbangers and illegals.

Just wait until your kids go to school at K.S.D. and you see a couple criminal aliens waiting at the bus stop with their kids, raping our public education system and taxpayers. You'll want to bring a weapon and just pick 'em off right there. It will make you that mad. Or wait until you read in the Killeen Daily Herald about 15 of them packed into an apartment off of Rancier and they rape, rob, or kill somebody. It happens all the time, but you NEVER HEAR THE WHOLE STORY.

When I first got to Hood the criminal alien scenario was virtually non-existent. When I left you couldn't spit without hitting one of them. BTW, Hood made me decide to leave the Army after 8 years.

I'm glad you're not an officer's wife. They're all bitches, especially at Hood. They and their husbands get away with acting like Gods on Earth at that post. Tell your husband that if he gets an NCO club put in there he's my hero.

nh...rebel,

Fort Hood definitely has it's share of illegals and other problems but none of this is new. It's not like they all popped up here over the last 3 years, they've been here all along. The point I'm trying to make is that it just doesn't change that much in the six to twelve months that most troops are gone. And even if it did, it's not like they are uninformed.

I'm just a little tired of people either using the troops for their own political posturing or talking about them like they are children.

I agree with you insofar as Democrats saying they "support the troops" and then calling their work a "quagmire" (Boxer, Durbin) and Republicans (and Hillary-style Democrats) who never served suddenly flying the flag and standing with vets for photo ops (ala Hannity, Limbaugh). I also agree that the troops aren't naive.

As for things not changing "that much" you're absolutely wrong. It's not like the world back home is preserved in time and the soldier is going to march right back into where he left off when he gets back. If your husband is a senior NCO or an officer he can tell you that. That's the biggest thing they teach in the redeployment classes: THINGS HAVE CHANGED. ALOT. Especially in a whole year. You don't notice it when you're home, but the whole year that you are gone the family and place that you've left behind is going to be completely different. Most of that is from my personal experience, but it's all grounded in fact if you do your research.

If you participate in an FRG you will realize that most of the problems with redeploying troops is that families have found out how to get by without them in that year and there is a sense of sudden worthlessness for the soldier. That's the biggest part of the change.

As far as the illegal aliens in Central Texas, their population has nearly quadrupled from 2000-2005. Those were the years that I was stationed at Hood. Most of it is Austin's "sanctuary city" policy, but alot of it is the new construction that has taken place at Hood/Killeen/Copperas Cove from 2001 on.

It used to be considered our civic duty to be vigilent and to report wrong doing. Now to do so brands us as vigilantes? Yet another American value bites the dust in the face of Liberalism...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast