Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Guatemalan Immigrants Face Tough Questions About Children

newschannel9.com
    Guatemalan Immigrants Face Tough Questions About Children
    John Madewell
    April 17, 2008 - 4:06PM

A day after federal agents arrest 100 people at a poultry plant on immigration charges, the daunting task begins of dealing with the workers cases and families.

The investigation into Pilgrim's Pride is part of a five state round up of workers charged with using fake documents to get jobs. Many Guatemalan families went to Latin America Consulting searching for answers. One of the hardest questions is what happens to the kids caught in this large federal raid of illegal workers. It's believed that many of the school-aged children of these workers attended Eastside Elementary School. The principal told us 263 Spanish speaking children are enrolled here. Only five were absent today and all of those were in kindergarten.

Meanwhile, several families crammed into Latin America Consulting. Federal agents arrested 24 year old Hilda Lopez... and released her on her own recognizance. But she is wearing an electronic ankle bracelet, just like this man who also was arrested.

Lopez and her husband both worked at Pilgrim's Pride. She told us through an interpreter she's been here about four years. She says she bought fake papers from a guy and claimed to be Maria Delgado. She says her husband is also here illegally. But her son Junior was born here in Chattanooga.

Through a translator, Lopez told us, "I just have to wait, what they tell me in court." We asked, "What happens. Is she worried about what is going to happen to her little boy?" Lopez answered, "Si." "I don't know what I'm going to do with my kid."

Lopez did say if she gets deported, Junior will go back to Guatemala with her instead of staying here in Chattanooga with her brother or husband

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/immigr ... tough.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Guatemalan Immigrants Face Tough Questions About Childre

Through a translator, Lopez told us, "I just have to wait, what they tell me in court." We asked, "What happens. Is she worried about what is going to happen to her little boy?" Lopez answered, "Si." "I don't know what I'm going to do with my kid."

Lopez did say if she gets deported, Junior will go back to Guatemala with her instead of staying here in Chattanooga with her brother or husband
    Oh well, should have factored that into your plan when you stole someone's identity and ILLEGALLY entered another country.

Cry me a river, I could care less.......bye, bye
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Lopez and her husband both worked at Pilgrim's Pride. She told us through an interpreter she's been here about four years.
    Well, she should have a pretty good nest egg by now....
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It says her husband is here illegaly also, so how can she leave the child with her brother or husband

Just go back as a family and face the fact that the party is over! Deal with your government like we are having to do, you see we use to have a life to, until we had to start fighting for our country.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Lopez and her husband both worked at Pilgrim's Pride. She told us through an interpreter she's been here about four years. She says she bought fake papers from a guy and claimed to be Maria Delgado. She says her husband is also here illegally. But her son Junior was born here in Chattanooga.
    Gee, what a surprise! Too bad, you created this situation by having an anchor because you thought it was going to keep you from ultimately being deported!

Looks like you were wrong!

HOW THE HECK DID THEY EVER GET INTO THE COUNTRY IN THE FIRST PLACE?

So the couple had been here four years and still can't speak a lick of English? Four years completely immersed here and they can't answer a simple question in English?

That doesn't sound much like assimilation to me. Perhaps we need a new term:
    Hispanic assimilation: Birthing an anchor baby.