Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guest Opinion

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NoBueno wrote:
    The United States has no obligation to admit anyone.
    Unfortunately, it seems the worldwide opinion is that we are continually perceived as obligated to admit everyone, fight their wars and feed their people, fund their economies and cure their diseases.
    We have an historic debt, mostly to China, and keep borrowing more as local governments are selling or leasing roads and bridges, etc. to foreign companies for temporary profit while these companies will collect millions in revenues from tolls. Many areas of the US are running out of water and the pressure of the continual influx, especially of illegals is not very helpful. Nor is the fact that the illegals living the American dream just drive with no license or insurance putting us all at risk.
    The rest of the world feels we have an obligation to them and will be especially ticked if we do not fulfill that obligation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    NoBueno wrote:
    The United States has no obligation to admit anyone.
    Unfortunately, it seems the worldwide opinion is that we are continually perceived as obligated to admit everyone, fight their wars and feed their people, fund their economies and cure their diseases.
    We have an historic debt, mostly to China, and keep borrowing more as local governments are selling or leasing roads and bridges, etc. to foreign companies for temporary profit while these companies will collect millions in revenues from tolls. Many areas of the US are running out of water and the pressure of the continual influx, especially of illegals is not very helpful. Nor is the fact that the illegals living the American dream just drive with no license or insurance putting us all at risk.
    The rest of the world feels we have an obligation to them and will be especially ticked if we do not fulfill that obligation.
    That's right Vortex. The world has placed an obligation on us to FIX THEM, FEED THEM, BAIL THEM, RESCUE THEM, TAKE THEM IN, etc. If you give them something, then they whine its not enough. If we ask our laws obeyed we're the bad people. If we say NO MORE, we're stingy, etc. It's time the American public stands up and says NO MORE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It still is the fact that Melena opined so well....Most of these people DO NOT want to be Americans.
    And our Politicians can't get it through their heads how much that facet of the problem is harming this country.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrown
    It still is the fact that Melena opined so well....Most of these people DO NOT want to be Americans.
    And our Politicians can't get it through their heads how much that facet of the problem is harming this country.
    That's right. Now many do want to be Americans, but the percentage compared to yesteryear is quite astonishing. The attitudes of wanted privileges and benefits without responsibilities and commitment is truly alarming. The ones that are so proud to be here and want to be citizens and love our country are very good people.

Quote Originally Posted by styvoinnevada
    I am not picking a fight here but the way I read her article she suggests that lawful permanent residents are also not welcome because they just come on over for the ride. This is not ALWAYS the case, yet she is tarring them all with the same brush. Lawful permanent residents and illegals alike.

I understand that it is not a right to be here and that the costs involved are nothing compared to what they ultimately achieve, which is US citizenship, but she makes it appear that all immigrants are freeloading, which is not the case.

I truly believe you have misconstrued my words.
    ACTUALLY MELENA IS RIGHT ON. MANY LEGAL IMMIGRANTS DO NOT WANT TO ASSIMILATE OR BECOME A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMERICAN EXPERIENCE.

THEY JUST WANT TO GET WHATEVER PAPER OR CARD ALLOWS THEM TO WORK HERE. THEIR ALLEGIENCE REMAINS WITH THEIR MOTHER COUNTRY.

I HAVE NOTICED THAT THIS IS TRUE EVEN WITH SOME NATURALIZED CITIZENS. THEY DONT ASSIMILATE. VERY FEW ASSIMILATE. THIS IS A PROBLEM BECAUSE IN THE PAST, SUCCESSFUL IMMIGRATION DEPENDED ON ASSIMILATION.

I DONT SEE AMERICA HAVING ANY SUCCESSFUL IMMIGRATION PROGRAM WHEN IMMIGRANTS ARE, FOR THE MOST PART, UNWILLING TO ASSIMILATE. THIS WILL ALWAYS CAUSE TENSION BETWEEN USA BORN AND IMMIGRANTS.

THOSE THAT COME TO AMERICA MUST BE IN SEARCH OF AN AMERICAN LIFESTYLE. THEY MUST, FOR THE MOST PART, BE WILLING TO LEAVE THEIR CULTURE AND COUNTRY BEHIND AND EMBRACE THEIR NEW COUNTRY AND CULTURE.

STOP IMMIGRATION FOR 10 YEARS! ALL FORMS; AND CONGRESS CAN ALWAYS AMEND THE 10 YEAR RULE.

CONGRESS IS PAID TO DO THESE TYPE OF TASK.

GO TAKE POLL AND POST TO RELATED PAY OF CONGRESS:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-126464.html

ALL AMERICANS LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT..

Is it safe for me to come in? Thank you all for your candid replies to my posts and your welcome.

One of the major reasons we moved here was for our daughter (who is now approaching 15) to have a better quality of life with the prospect of some kind of hope for a better future for herself. I admit to the assimilation aspect of the debate. We were in our late 30's when we moved here and we had a heck of a time doing simple tasks. We had to learn everything from scratch, which I found quite amusing considering we all speak the same language, or so I thought! Most things you do here is completely different to everything I had ever known. On the other hand my daughter is a total American in the way she speaks, thinks and does things. In her mind she is already an American and does not tell many people that she is from the UK, originally.

I hope to speak with you all again in the future.

styvoinnevada: If you are a male illegal or legal of 18 years of age it is a federal law to register for the draft.

Does this law make you feel better that it is everyone "MAN"?

Just wait until women have to register, it is coming.

And those illegal criminal aliens in your neighbor skip their part of registering.

And our daughters have to go, too; this will truly be a sad day for America.

The illegal criminal aliens are already skipping the registering, remember.

40,000,000 ILLEGAL CRIMINAL ALIENS ARE IN AMERICAN, INVASION!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You will learn through your child the problems of being an American; and taking care of the Whole Darn World! Someday soon 10,000,000,000.

The world cannot even feed 10,000,000,000 people. What are Americans going to do, styvoinnevada?

LIFE IS HARD; AND NOT EASY ON AMERICANS!

Quote Originally Posted by styvoinnevada
    Is it safe for me to come in? Thank you all for your candid replies to my posts and your welcome.

One of the major reasons we moved here was for our daughter (who is now approaching 15) to have a better quality of life with the prospect of some kind of hope for a better future for herself. I admit to the assimilation aspect of the debate. We were in our late 30's when we moved here and we had a heck of a time doing simple tasks. We had to learn everything from scratch, which I found quite amusing considering we all speak the same language, or so I thought! Most things you do here is completely different to everything I had ever known. On the other hand my daughter is a total American in the way she speaks, thinks and does things. In her mind she is already an American and does not tell many people that she is from the UK, originally.

I hope to speak with you all again in the future.
    Of course it’s safe, we’re glad you’re here. I understand where you are coming from with regard to assimilation. My great-grandfather was also in his late 30’s or early 40’s, well past the stage in one’s life when it is easier to adapt, and had the very same difficulties. Same circumstance as immigrants of today, but the attitude was much different. His children were expected to learn the language and embrace the culture, whereas today’s immigrants seem to consider this condition an unnecessary burden, and most of them simply refuse to comply. It probably has much to do with the “global economy mantraâ€
    <div>
    </div>

VERY WELL WRITTEN AND STRAIGHT TO THE POINT. THIS NEEDS TO BE SUBMITTED TO EVERY NEWS PAPER IN THE COUNTRY. THOSE WHO STREAM ACROSS THE SOUTHERN BORDER ARE PLAIN AND SIMPLE ILLEGAL CRIMINALS. THEY HAVE NO REGARD FOR THE LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY. THEY HAVE THE MIND SET THAT SAYS, WE HAVE A RIGHT TO COME HERE AND WORK. WE HAVE A RIGHT TO COME TO THE U.S.A AND TAKE JOBS FROM AMERICAN CITIZENS. AND FINALLY WE HAVE A RIGHT TO COME HERE AND RECEIVE PUBLIC ASSISTANCE WHILE AT THE SAME TIME SOME NEEDY AMERICAN CITIZEN IS TURNED DOWN FOR THE SAME ASSISTANCE. THEY ALSO THINK THAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE OWE THEM A PATH TO CITIZEN SHIP RIGHT ALONG WITH EVERY THING ELSE THEY ARE RECEIVING FROM OUR OWN CORRUPT GOVERNMENT.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234