Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    The document that Obama posted on the internet was an official record issued by the state of Hawaii. It is the type of document a state gives you when you ask them for an official record of your birth. As for not having enough information, Obama's has more information than the official state-issued document from Pennsylvania that was sufficient to qualify my mother for Medicaid by proving her citizenship. My mother's does not bother to list her race. It also lacks the hospital, doctor, etc.

If Hawaii is backing up Obama then it's over for this issue. There is no basis for challenging his birth in America if the state of Hawaii is backing him up.
    I believe the birth certificate that has been posted on the net is fake. It will be interesting to see what the real one looks like, if anyone ever get to see it. The fake one lists the father's race as African when it should have been black, right? I doubt any part of it is real, incuding his name.

The term "African" for American black people was not in use in 1961. The polite and official (legal) term was "negro" and many older people still referred to them as "colored" which was the previous polite term. They probably would have called him a "negro" if Obama, Sr. had been an American black man. They probably called him "African" to note the difference, i.e. that he was foreign.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They probably called him "African" to note the difference, i.e. that he was foreign.
    Nah, I don't buy it. It states the race of both parents, not the country of origin. He could have been white but from Africa. Doesn't make sense. I think it's fake. We shall see (hopefully)

My mother's doesn't bother to list her race, and she was born in 1928. If the state of Hawaii is backing him up, then there is nothing more to be seen, as far as I can tell. There is also the matter of the birth announcement in the local paper. That information was not given by the family, but by the local Health Department.

Africa is not a country of origin either. I think they were uncomfortable with what to call him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My mother's doesn't bother to list her race, and she was born in 1928. If the state of Hawaii is backing him up, then there is nothing more to be seen, as far as I can tell. There is also the matter of the birth announcement in the local paper. That information was not given by the family, but by the local Health Department.

Africa is not a country of origin either. I think they were uncomfortable with what to call him.
    But it DOES list the race. That's just it. They would have never listed race as African. It's ridiculous.

Are you an Obama supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Of course. After Obama's special visit to Hawaii they finally "declare" Obama's birth certificate is real. IMO they were paid off.
    BINGO

I'm not happy with any candidate or party in this system right now. I think the country is hosed by rich globalist businessmen. I just think that there are a lot of reasons to support or oppose candidates, but this citizenship issue seemed to me like a lot of wishful thinking on many people's part. Like there was some simple gotcha that would make Obama go poof. I also think Berg and Martin sound like cranks, and indeed Berg has that reputation locally. Also, Berg was a Hillary supporter, and that raises my suspicions that perhaps Hillary is not quite finished with her 2008 campaign just yet.

I really question this claim by newsmax.

State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
    First, what state officials? Names and titles please.

Secondly, where are the direct quotes from those officials?

That's just poor reporting or it was meant to deceive readers.

Dixie

It's all over the news now, not just NewsMax

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&tab=w ... 1265196817

More fleshed out details here:
    http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... lnewsfront

Obama's certificate of birth OK, state says
    Health director issues voucher in response to 'ridiculous' barrage
    Recommend (86)Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us
    Facebook
    Digg
    Reddit
    Newsvine
    Buzz up!
    By Dan Nakaso
    Advertiser Staff Writer

State Health Department employees continue to be barraged by requests from people demanding to see Barack Obama's birth certificate, including some who have called the department's registrar of vital statistics at home — in the middle of the night.

"This has gotten ridiculous," state health director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said yesterday. "There are plenty of other, important things to focus on, like the economy, taxes, energy."

So, in what likely will be a vain attempt to halt the inquiries, Fukino yesterday issued a statement saying that she and the registrar of vital statistics personally inspected Obama's birth certificate and found it to be valid.

Will this be enough to quiet the doubters?

"I hope so," Fukino said. "We need to get some work done."

Fukino issued her statement to try to stomp out persistent rumors that Obama was not born in Honolulu — and is therefore not a U.S. citizen and thus ineligible to run for president.

Fukino, however, repeated the Health Department's position that state law prohibits her or any other officials from actually releasing the birth certificate, which Obama's campaign says shows he was born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961.

"There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama's official birth certificate," Fukino said in the statement. "State law (Hawai'i Revised Statutes ¤338-1 prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record. ... No state official, including Gov. Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawai'i."

The issue has generated attention from around the world — and court challenges across the country.

Obama critics in Ohio, Seattle and Philadelphia have tried to get their state officials to remove Obama's name from their election ballots until his birthplace could be confirmed. Judges, so far, have dismissed all of the suits.

A New York Internet author named Andy Martin has a Circuit Court hearing date set for Friday in Honolulu — three days after Tuesday's presidential election — on his lawsuit to get a certified copy of Obama's birth certificate. Hawai'i's Supreme Court denied Martin's request on Oct. 22 to expedite the hearing.

In Hawai'i, birth, death, marriage and certain divorce documents can only be released to people with a "tangible interest," such as the people themselves, their parents, spouses, grandparents or other relatives.

As a result, Fukino said she does not believe Health Department officials could release Obama's birth certificate to the public even with his permission, although she would need to get a legal ruling to be certain.

Bloggers and Obama critics allege that Obama actually was born in Kenya, but have provided no documentation. Obama supporters and satirists, such as Jon Stewart of "The Daily Show" on Comedy Central, counter that he actually was born on Superman's home planet of Krypton.

Obama's campaign has posted a copy of the Honolulu birth certificate on its Web site at www.fightthesmears.com/articles/5/birthcertificate. The nonpartisan Web site www.Factcheck.org says the document appears to be authentic.

But the Web site documentation has only generated more fuel for skeptics.

They point to the lack of an official state seal on the document, although Health Department officials say seals often are placed on the backs of birth certificates.

Bloggers and other skeptics also wonder why a large black rectangle appears next to the words "CERTIFICATE NO."

Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo said the blackened portion is a department file number that was redacted to prevent hackers from breaking into the Health Department's system.

Reach Dan Nakaso at dnakaso@honoluluadvertiser.com.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast