Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

HB3200 - Damn the cost full speed ahead

2000 page monstrosity are enough to make the founding fathers turn over in their graves

Damn the cost full speed ahead

By Aaron Cantor
    Monday, December 7, 2009

It is estimated that HB3200 will require a federal bureaucracy of more than 150,000 new employees to administer this boondoggle of a program, a grossly unacceptable expansion of a government already gone awry and is too intrusive in our lives as it is.

If we are going to take on that many new government employees, lets’ put them to work as Border Patrol Agents, or Immigration Control Enforcement agents, or a surefire way to close the border, have them lay a mine field the entire length of the border.

We could also use some of these people to run the E-Verify program (with no exceptions or loopholes) that should make the business lobby scream bloody murder.

It appears that the Elite parasites in Washington are completely out of touch with what “We the Peopleâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Peaceful protesting is OVER!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Everyone needs to contact Congress and protest this Health Care bill, or you'll see the end of the few freedoms we have left.

No to this Health Care Bill! Call and write today!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

and everyone when you call.

1 tell the staffer how you feel about harry reid's comment on slavery.

2 tell them, even if they are not your senator that you have a RIGHT to contact all 100 senators if you so chose because this is something that is going to be part of the entire country, not just the state they claim to represent.

3. Always remember, be polite, IF possible.

Interesting====

December 07, 2009, 4:00 a.m.

Obamacare Is Bad Medicine
    The current health-care bills do nothing to help doctors, and much to hurt them.

By Soumi Eachempati

As a full-time practicing surgeon, I unequivocally can say that the American health-care system is among the world’s finest. For elective and emergency care, American hospitals boast the most modern equipment, the best training facilities for physicians, and the most fertile ground for the development of new products and technologies.

However, this system has several flaws that harm physicians’ ability to treat patients effectively. The bills currently before Congress do nothing to address these issues — and in fact place additional burdens on doctors.

One problem is that over the last two decades, decreased reimbursement has forced doctors to take on extra patients — and thus spend less time managing each patient. For example, for a complex hemorrhoid removal, a general surgeon received $390 from Medicare in 2008, compared with $574 in 1997 — and in general, Medicaid pays about one-third what Medicare does.

Growing overhead is another major issue for practicing physicians. Physician overhead consists of administrative taxes, office space, support staff, and malpractice insurance. Of these, the latter is the most onerous. When I started as a surgeon, I paid about $60,000 a year. I currently pay $130,000, even though I never have lost a lawsuit and generally am named in litigation only as a consultant. (By Medicare standards, I would have to take out 174 gall bladders just to pay my malpractice insurance; since most surgeons average between 200 and 300 operations a year, most barely would cover overhead if Medicare were their sole carrier.)

The price of defending against a suit is monumental, both financially and emotionally. The defendant must be prepared for multiple days away from his practice for briefings, depositions, chart reviews, and testimony. I probably lose tens of thousands of dollars in revenue defending each suit, even when I am involved only peripherally. Many physicians are devastated after being sued by patients whom they tried their best to treat. For some physicians, the damage to subsequent doctor-patient relationships and the pressure to practice defensive medicine are incalculable.

The health-care bills currently before Congress ignore these problems. At least 20 physician organizations, including the American College of Surgeons, have come out in opposition, largely due to reimbursement issues, lack of tort reform, and failure to correct Medicare’s perverse Sustainable Growth Rate formula.

One reform that has been the subject of much discussion, meanwhile, is the “public option.â€