Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Homeland Security bill lets illegals go free

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=44390

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INVASION USA
    Homeland Security bill lets illegals go free
    Without more detention facilities, 'other-than-Mexicans' must be released

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: May 22, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

The president of a labor organization representing Border Patrol employees and a Texas congressman are criticizing the House's recently passed Homeland Security bill for failing to fund construction of new detention facilities to hold illegal border-crossers from countries other than Mexico, resulting in their automatic release pending a later hearing date.

HR 1817, the Department of Homeland Security authorization bill passed last Wednesday by the House, approved adding 2,000 new Border Patrol agents, but this is not enough, says T.J. Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, the union representing 10,000 non-supervisory U.S. Border Patrol employees.

"It doesn't matter how many Border Patrol agents we have out there. ... The attraction (to illegally enter the U.S.) is the fact that we are giving them a piece of paper (notice to appear for a deportation hearing) that allows them to come into the country and they are coming in record of numbers," Bonner tells the Brownsville Herald.

The Texas-Mexico border between Brownsville and Corpus Christi has become a major transit area for OTMs – "other than Mexicans," according to the Border Patrol. In the last two months, over 200 Brazilians have been arrested in the Rio Grande Valley.

According to U.S. Rep. Solomon P. Ortiz, D-Texas, immigrants from 70 to 80 countries pass through the Border Patrol's Rio Grande Valley Sector.

When illegals are apprehended, they are offered the option of being deported or appearing for a deportation hearing. While most Mexicans opt to be sent back to their country, OTMS must be held until their hearing, or must be released if there is no space to hold them. Currently, most are released on their own recognizance and promise to appear. Officials report about 90 percent of those disappear in the process – a number now estimated to be approaching 75,000, according to Ortiz whose congressional district includes the Rio Grande Valley Sector.

Of 19,000 OTMs apprehended in the U.S. during the first half of the fiscal year, about 40 percent were caught in the Rio Grande Valley Sector, the Border Patrol reports.

"Until you build a detention facility, you won't be able to send signals that they are going to be apprehended, they are going to be detained and they are going to be able to go before a judge," Ortiz says.

"They are going to continue to come in because they know they are going to be turned loose."

Ortiz worked closely with U.S. Rep. Bennie G. Thompson, D-Miss., to amend the Homeland Security bill to include $285 million to build detention beds so apprehended illegals do not have to be set free, but the measure failed on a 230-196 vote. Republicans who voted against the amendment say that Thompson's measure constituted a new bill rather than an amendment to the one being debated.

"The option is to vote yes or no on everything in the bill," said a spokesman for U.S. Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas.

Ortiz notes that the U.S. Marshals office has contracted with one Texas county to detain federal detainees and that approach may yet be an option for holding OTM's until their hearing dates. He also holds out hope that the Senate version of the Homeland Security bill could help plug this loophole in the border.

"We are not the only ones having problems with illegal aliens," Ortiz says. "We are going to be working with the Senate and see what we can do to provide the facilities."

May I ask a simple question?

WHY is there a Hearing? Either you have your papers or not?

If a Hearing is required to determine whether or not they have papers, then hold it immediately. If we can have 24 hour service at Wal-Mart to pick up cat food and paper towels, then why don't we have Magistrates on duty 24 hours a day to ask two questions:

1) are you hear legally? (if no, deport) (if yes, next question)

2) show me your papers? (if no papers, deport)

OH....we do have Magistrates on Duty 24 hours a day??? Oh....that's right, to post bonds....well, then while they are sitting around waiting for an American law-breaker, they can ask aliens either one or two questions, and send them right on OUT of the country that NIGHT.

This "hearing" thing was designed to "KEEP THEM HERE" not enforce the law.

Illegal aliens do not have "hearing rights". All that needs to be determined is "are you here legally, and if no, AlienBeGone and if yes, where is your proof of documents, no proof, then AlienBeGone. If they have proof, they would show it to the officer, and avoid arrest to begin with!!

This is not a complicated matter. It's very simple. We do not need Detention Facilities to any great extent, we need buses and vehicles with drivers...PERIOD. I grant we probably need some more facilities, but what we need more of right now are vehicles to take them home. We can set up a very simple shuttle system and avoid most of the detention costs.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This article has been added to the ALIPAC Homepage

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... le&sid=421
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    May I ask a simple question?

WHY is there a Hearing? Either you have your papers or not?

If a Hearing is required to determine whether or not they have papers, then hold it immediately. If we can have 24 hour service at Wal-Mart to pick up cat food and paper towels, then why don't we have Magistrates on duty 24 hours a day to ask two questions:

1) are you hear legally? (if no, deport) (if yes, next question)

2) show me your papers? (if no papers, deport)

OH....we do have Magistrates on Duty 24 hours a day??? Oh....that's right, to post bonds....well, then while they are sitting around waiting for an American law-breaker, they can ask aliens either one or two questions, and send them right on OUT of the country that NIGHT.

Illegal aliens do not have "hearing rights". All that needs to be determined is "are you here legally, and if no, AlienBeGone and if yes, where is your proof of documents, no proof, then AlienBeGone. If they have proof, they would show it to the officer, and avoid arrest to begin with!!

This is not a complicated matter. It's very simple. We do not need Detention Facilities to any great extent, we need buses and vehicles with drivers...PERIOD. I grant we probably need some more facilities, but what we need more of right now are vehicles to take them home. We can set up a very simple shuttle system and avoid most of the detention costs.

I could not have said it BETTER myself. SERIOUSLY!!!
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Judy,

That is way way to logical.

The more I read, I wonder who is running this asylum?

Who thought up these asinine rules?

I wonder what address they give to have their summons sent.

You got this right!

I like the idea of the shuttle system.

This is what happens when you elect a drug using alcoholic to run our county.

Most of the members of congress remind me of dons avatar.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Who came up with the "hearing" thing and a notice to come back in 30 days for it?

WHO do you think?

The OBL-ACLU!!

Magistrates are on duty 24 hours a day in every city and county in the United States. They are elected officials with the power to detain or release into society and conduct a "bail hearing" involving much more complex law than "do you have papers" at a "deport hearing".

Arrest them, "hear" them, and if they don't have papers, deport them ON THE SPOT...that NIGHT!! Keep the shuttle running....they'll get the message and spread the word throughout Mexico and other countries..sooner than later, people will decide there "aint nothing there for me" and stop alot of this nonsense voluntarily.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Arrest them, "hear" them, and if they don't have papers, deport them ON THE SPOT...that NIGHT!! Keep the shuttle running....they'll get the message and spread the word throughout Mexico and other countries..sooner than later, people will decide there "aint nothing there for me" and stop alot of this nonsense voluntarily.
    I agree, hold them at a immigration holding center till you get 300 or so and put em on a flight back to where they came from. [/quote]

Yes, there are all types of logistics issues, but logistics people can figure this out quite easily in a heart beat really. Military knows how to do this...little groups need to be shuttled right on out in little buses; larger groups larger buses; larger groups on miilitary personnel carriers guarded by the military.

A simple announcement will get them packing up and heading out on their own so they can:

1) go to the bank and get their money

2) pack up their belongings in a U-Haul

3) gather up their family

4) go home together

Otherwise, they risk losing:

1) everything

2) including being separated from their family

They'll go back on their own, I believe, if they know we are SERIOUS!!

We Mean What We Say....this is OVER.

"Until you build a detention facility, you won't be able to send signals that they are going to be apprehended, they are going to be detained and they are going to be able to go before a judge," Ortiz says.

"They are going to continue to come in because they know they are going to be turned loose."
    Why can't they house them in tents surrounded by security fences with razor wire on top like they have at prisons? They can use Port-O-Potties. If it's good enough for our troops in Iraq to live in tents, it should be good enough for criminal illegal aliens.

The largest cost would be feeding them (MREs like the troops have should do) and paying for the fence. That razor wire is costly! But VERY effective.

Sounds a like plan to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast