Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Right now about 200,000 skilled immigrants who know English plus their immediate family members are let in.
    Then there are another 250,000 foreigners who marry US citizens. Plus about 60,000 children adopted by US citizens. That adds up to 510,000. Are you saying you don't think US citizens should be able to marry foreigners, or adopt foreign children?
    Tim, for now I think that there should be some really tough restrictions until we get the illegals out who are already here. If that means cutting out some of the legal immigrants until a later time, I'm sorry.

If they are going to let in spouses and grant them citizenship, if they are going to let in adoptees, then they need to cut the number of immigrants who are offered the visa lottery.

I am often suspicious of foreigners who marry Americans. I am acutely aware that many marry only to obtain citizenship. I know a whole bunch of guys who brought home wives from Korea, the Phillipines and other places only to wind up divorced five minutes after the last sister or brother arrived in country as "extended families."

As for adoptions, too many foreign adoptions seem to be American citizens buying a child from overseas because they weren't allowed to adopt in this country for some reason. What was the reason? What are these poor kids being sold into?

Somewhere the line has to be drawn and somewhere down the road someone is going to have to choose the spot.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think NOW IS THE TIME. If it isn't ALREADY TOO LATE. I have heard of those same tales, JJ, of men "buying" Phillipino wives. And, I THINK they stay married. I think it's because the men like those subserviant women and they are as scarce as hen's teeth in America now!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr

If they are going to let in spouses and grant them citizenship, if they are going to let in adoptees, then they need to cut the number of immigrants who are offered the visa lottery.

I am often suspicious of foreigners who marry Americans. I am acutely aware that many marry only to obtain citizenship. I know a whole bunch of guys who brought home wives from Korea, the Phillipines and other places only to wind up divorced five minutes after the last sister or brother arrived in country as "extended families."

As for adoptions, too many foreign adoptions seem to be American citizens buying a child from overseas because they weren't allowed to adopt in this country for some reason. What was the reason? What are these poor kids being sold into?
    HR 4437 ended the visa lottery program, now you just have to get the Senate to pass it.

Yes I know many foreign marriages are simply for a green card. One way to reduce this would be to require the US citizen to live in his spouses country for six months (or vice versa) before giving them a visa.

Foreign adoptions have to meet the same requirements as US adoptions. We ourselves adoped a Chinese girl. The FBI did a background check, we got fingerprinted, social workers visited our house, we had to get complete medical exams, the list goes on.

Great info TimBinh.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Foreign adoptions have to meet the same requirements as US adoptions. We ourselves adoped a Chinese girl. The FBI did a background check, we got fingerprinted, social workers visited our house, we had to get complete medical exams, the list goes on.
    Tim, I am more grateful to hear that than you can ever know. It is good to know that there are some legitimate adoptions taking place from overseas.

I know of instances where Philipino children were purchased. In fact a man who worked for me years ago went and bought a wife and a son from two different sources. I was sick to my stomach over it. That guy was basically all right but I still don't think that he should have been able to purchase an instant family. It has always stuck in my mind that not all people who did this were basically "nice" people.

I am sure that you have heard the national news of the couple who "adopted" eleven children that they keep in CAGES when they aren't able to watch them. How sick is that?

For awhile, there were on line ads for "Russian Wives" all over the place. Not so long ago, a local strip club got busted for holding such women prisoner and making them prostitutes. It is so shameful!

That is my reason for worrying about these poor people who get brought here as "wives" or "adopted children" for some other purpose.

That is why you brightened my day considerably with the news that not all the people brought here are brought under shameful circumstances. I am happy for you and for your child.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the sexual trafficking of women and children is world wide and much of it began with the end of the soviet union- the men of those countries were only too willing to pimp their women- there are many articles being written about it-
    sadly, many of these women must either sell themselves as a bride to american men- or end up in prostitution.
    I met a 20 year old beauty from the ukraine area - married to a 60 +year old american man who did not want her to have contact with regular americans-
    it's ugly and the solution is not to marry off women to american men- but to stop the trafficking where it begins- and frankly western men have contributed to it- look at Thailand where ten year old girls and boys are sold by their parents to work and die in Brothels in Bangok

It's third world crap and we don't need it here and we don't want it here and we're gonna stop it all dead in its tracks in January 2006!!

Personally, I don't think any one that wants to buy a wife could be a "nice" person. Alot of people have two personalities. One they show in the light and one they show at night.

Eeeeewwww!!

Scary!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've seen some of those men on TV who bought those wives and they LOOKED and SOUNDED like PERVERTS to me. Of course, any man who thought they were going to get a SUBMISSIVE WOMAN would have turned me RIGHT OFF anyway!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

exactly and Bootsie - iam glad santa is getting himself some rest- :P

Oh, I think that anyone who has to buy a wife to begin with has a few screws loose. But that doesn't mean the gov't should let all the "purchases" into the USA. Doesn't anyone stop them at the airport and ask who they are or what they are doing here?

I know a lot of guys who have/had foreign wives. Most weren't just let into the country without being asked a few questions. Many weren't let in at all until some congressman got involved. I know a guy who married a Mexican illegal and took her overseas. He could get back into the US. Their kids could get back into the US, but the wife was sent to Mexico city and they had to get all that sorted out. I don't know what happened to any of them but I know that was the deal when they left the country where her husband worked with mine overseas.

Anyway, the point I started to make before was that it seems to me that if passport control sees a whole bunch of newly married Philipinas entering the country, someone might ought to check out what is going on. Last I knew people weren't legally for sale.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast