Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Hundreds show to support Myrick's immigration plan

www.wcnc.com

Hundreds show to support Myrick's immigration plan
    10:06 AM EDT on Wednesday, August 17, 2005

By REBECCA LINDSTROM / 6NEWS

Hundreds showed up to support Myrick's immigration plan.

Hundreds of people showed up to a town hall meeting Tuesday night to support Representative Sue Myrick’s controversial plan to deport illegal immigrants.

Among those that showed up were about two dozen members of Scott Gardner’s family. Myrick’s bill will be named after Gardner, who was killed in a drunk driving accident by an illegal immigrant.

“This isn’t about us. It’s about Scott Gardner. He was a tremendous influence in this community,� said Terry Lee, Cardner’s uncle.

Gardner’s family is working to continue that influence.

“Scott’s mom is very focused on this. She does not want other moms to have to deal with this,� said Lee.

Gardner’s wife is still hospitalized, still in a coma after a repeat offending drunk driver slammed into their car while they were headed to the beach.

“He’s now serving a two year prison term for his 2004 DWi conviction,� said Rex Gore, District Attorney for the 13th district.

But Myrick and the family want more.

“You’re drunk. You’re driving. You’re deported. Period,� she said as the room burst into applause.

Clearly the people that showed up to the meeting wanted more too.

“If they’re here illegally we need to be sending them back. If they commit a crime, it doesn’t matter how big or small, export them,� said Eddie Hartman a supporter of the plan.

The idea of the meeting, to show support for the family and find ways to help those frustrated with illegal immigration. However, some see proposed policies like rewarding officers for arresting illegal citizens as simply bounty hunting.

“I don’t think it’s bounty hunting,� said Lee.

Myricks plan would require local law officials to check a person’s legal status when investigating a crime. It would create an immigration court and detention facility in Charlotte. It would also immediately deport an illegal immigrant convicted of a DWI.

Supporters of the plan said the plan doesn’t create new laws, just tools for enforcing laws already on the books.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Very very unprofessional for them to exclude the source, if there is one other than the reporter, of this accusation.

"The idea of the meeting, to show support for the family and find ways to help those frustrated with illegal immigration. However, some see proposed policies like rewarding officers for arresting illegal citizens as simply bounty hunting. "

Where the hell did that come from and what bonehead said or implied that?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I will have to review my tape on taht one. I dont remember that being said.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I've left a polite message with the reporter that wrote this. I want to ask here what the source on that attack is since the rest of the article is everyone responding to an unsourced charge.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It would be interesting to hear what they say.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

this reporter should be more concerned about a $50,000 bounty on the assassination of law enforcement officers -- who knows, one day reporters might be on THEIR list
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

This woman was to the right of me in the front, she came in after me and was the first cmaera crew to set up. I find it strange that she called them "illegal citizens" They are not citizens they are criminals and invaders. They can be called citizens once they reach their own land of LEGAL residence.

Attorney General nominee Alberto Gonzales, a former Supreme Court Judge in the State of Texas, stated in testimony to Congress that these "illegal aliens" are "otherwise law-abiding people" and "...they're unlawful aliens but otherwise lawful citizens."

These are not "lawful citizens," "illegal citizens" or "illegal immigrants" -- they are "illegal aliens" under a foreign power that have "actually invaded" the territory of the United States. Furthermore, how can an "unlawful alien" be an "otherwise lawful citizen"?

It appears Bill Clinton isn't the only one who doesn't know what "is" is
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

The reporter called me back this afternoon. She said she tried for hours to get someone to go onscreen opposing this bill but they would not. She said she spoke with employers and police officer that did not like the plan but nobody would go on the air.

I told her it sounded like La Raza or El Pueblo to me, but if someone is dumb enough to oppose anyone taking action then they need to be known. She said the sources were fearful of retaliaton.

I told her that most of the time it was people that were addressing the illegal immigration crisis that had to fear the hostility and threats from those that support it.

She was very polite and said the raised opposition question took up very little of the actual video coverage of the event.

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    "The idea of the meeting, to show support for the family and find ways to help those frustrated with illegal immigration. However, some see proposed policies like rewarding officers for arresting illegal citizens as simply bounty hunting. "

Where the hell did that come from and what bonehead said or implied that?

W
    law enforcement already receives a portion of monies and properties confiscated from CITIZENS of the United States that are protected under the Constitution in violation of the Constitution