Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Personally, I support full blown raids over audits if there is reason to believe a company has illegal aliens in its employment.
    The raids are effective, but too expensive and always result in bad publicity. The Bush Admin. was never able to conduct 1,000 raids. The costs for all that manpower would have been exorbitant.

For practical purposes of taking action against employers, we get more "bang for the buck", with audits.

Remember, most employers don't get jail time, because illegals use false documents. These audits prove E-Verify is necessary, to weed out illgal residents.
    Illegal aliens are actually deported following a raid. Wish I could say the same thing for the audits. Look, I have no problem with the audits, however, I do have a problem with giving illegal aliens a free pass. Enforcement needs to be balanced, and I believe raids combined with audits help to create that balance.

Nobody gets deported after an audit. Oh, and as for bad publicity, I guess that depends on who you are. Personally, I think raids are a great way to show our immigration laws are being enforced. I certainly don't vew them as a bad thing. Of course I'm not a member of La Raza, MALDEF, SPLC, or the ACLU.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    Personally, I support full blown raids over audits if there is reason to believe a company has illegal aliens in its employment.
    The raids are effective, but too expensive and always result in bad publicity. The Bush Admin. was never able to conduct 1,000 raids. The costs for all that manpower would have been exorbitant...
    I think raids have their place. For instance, companies who hire large numbers of illegal aliens are worth raiding. It's a two for one deal. You get the employer and you can deport the workers, instead of putting them back out to find another job. In some cases, they would leave one job to work for another local company who has similar hiring practices. Like locations that have a high number of meat packing plants in the area could adsorb the dismissed illegal aliens.

Dixie
    We're thinking along the same lines, Dixie. I was typing my response when you posted yours.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Half of companies audited by I.C.E. get fined $110,000 or more.

http://everifyandi9news.com/
    $110,000 isn't much to a company that nets millions or tens of millions annually.

Half of companies audited by I.C.E. get fined $110,000 or more.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We're thinking along the same lines, Dixie. I was typing my response when you posted yours.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

New Round of Form I-9 Audits Announced

by bfancher

The enforcement arm of the Department of Homeland Security, aptly named the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (“ICEâ€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]The enforcement arm of the Department of Homeland Security, aptly named the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (“ICEâ€
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123