Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by styvoinnevada
    Arizona was the first state to insist on the E-Verify program. The company I work for has just signed up to be in the IMAGE program too, and quite frankly we are very proud to do this as a company. Because the government don't have a handle on the immigration issues most states have implemented their own immigration laws. Arizona and Oklahoma (I think) are the toughest.

I use the E-Verify program for our clients and the only thing it cannot verify is if the card is valid does it actually belong to the person in front of you? The IMAGE program also offers classes to identify fraudulent documents, which most people wouldn't know one if they saw one. Once you have seen one then you can go forward with more confidence at what you should actually be looking at.

That's good information syvoinnedvada.

I do notice all of the dissenters on this are lawyers. HA! May lose some money hum?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

On a different note it would appear the the owner and his son and 3 HR managers of Agriprocessors are being hauled to court over allegations of more than 9000 cases of Child Labor Law abuse. I am so glad that top executives are being punished as well as the undocumented workers.

I-9's ; have got to stop; Americans are not going to have jobs at all.

I have learned that I-9's are checked but E-Verify is not required.

But North Carolina has started checking I-9's to E-Verify for only AG / farm workers recently; is what the unemployment says.

E-Verify everyone!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know the SS Admin database is not up to scratch but if everybody used E-Verify it would become more and more perfect every day. There is no issue with employees taking the time to get their numbers fixed and then it is a done deal. The only time you need worry is if you are an illegal.

I am hearing from unemployment and city hall we are only to check I-9's.

How and Why are I-9's so freely used?

The unemployment office have just started checking AG/I-9 against E-Verify.
    What good is this? These I-9's foreigners want all other jobs than in the fields of North Carolina.

NO MORE I-9's! STOP IMMIGRATION TOTALLY! BECAUSE OF THE ABUSE!

The I-9 form does actually work but only if you are a scrupulous employer. It verifies work eligibility for all employees in the US.

I know the SS Admin database is not up to scratch but if everybody used E-Verify it would become more and more perfect every day. There is no issue with employees taking the time to get their numbers fixed and then it is a done deal. The only time you need worry is if you are an illegal.
    I heard that there is a photo tool that is involved in it. I thought you said, you couldn't tell if it belongs to the person sitting in front of you. Do you ask for a second ID with a photo? How does that work. I understand that the error rate has improved to .5%. I don't anything that is 100% error free.

Yes there is a photo tool available to you but it only works with foreign nationals and if you do your own E-Verify. We don't have the tool at our end because we are designated agents for our clients and we work from copies of documents and not actual documents. It would only work if you photocopied documents of employees anyway, which ICE suggest that you do to show that you took the documents in "good faith" and made a "best effort" to employ only documented workers.

I love E-Verify! It is very user-friendly and not at all time consuming as many would have you believe. Occasionally, there is some follow-up if you get a mismatch but that does NOT happen very often. I do 80/100 a week and I might get 3 kickbacks a month and most of those are foreign nationals waiting to be verified by DHS. This usually clears the system within 24 hours and there is no follow-up required. Doesn't get any easier than it already is. It also has great information on what is happening with regards to updated forms etc. I am totally sold!

[/u]

Yes there is a photo tool available to you but it only works with foreign nationals and if you do your own E-Verify. We don't have the tool at our end because we are designated agents for our clients and we work from copies of documents and not actual documents. It would only work if you photocopied documents of employees anyway, which ICE suggest that you do to show that you took the documents in "good faith" and made a "best effort" to employ only documented workers.

I love E-Verify! It is very user-friendly and not at all time consuming as many would have you believe. Occasionally, there is some follow-up if you get a mismatch but that does NOT happen very often. I do 80/100 a week and I might get 3 kickbacks a month and most of those are foreign nationals waiting to be verified by DHS. This usually clears the system within 24 hours and there is no follow-up required. Doesn't get any easier than it already is. It also has great information on what is happening with regards to updated forms etc. I am totally sold!

[/u]
    What do you say to your Senator and Congress member when they spout the inaccuracy of E-verify and won't vote for the SAVE Act?

Great point, styvoinnevada!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast