Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Comments are being left at the source link.
    ~~

Wednesday, November 21, 2007
    I.C.E. Bows to Political Pressure
    by bigjolly | 11/21/2007 8:49 am | Alert moderator

Every time you think that the federal government is getting a grip on the magnitude of the problem that illegal immigration presents, they do something to undermine their own efforts.

As we noted here and here, the Irving Police Department is cooperating with I.C.E. in a program called the Criminal Alien Program (CAP). They have seen a reduction in crime and have referred 1,700 illegal aliens to I.C.E. for deportation.

Obviously, this hasn’t set well with those people that want our borders to remain porous, allowing men and women to die in desperate attempts to enter our country. It appears that their continued protests and political pressure has won the day:

Officials with the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement have notified North Texas cities that they want to target for deportation suspected illegal immigrants charged with more serious crimes and will no longer detain most of those arrested for Class C misdemeanors.

Carl Rusnok, a spokesman for ICE, said Tuesday there had been a recent spike in the number of referrals to the agency because of increased awareness of the Criminal Alien Program.
    In other words, the cooperation between the City of Irving and I.C.E. worked so well that they are going to back off. What kind of nonsense is this? But, Bigjolly, you say, it’s only Class C misdemeanors!

Class C misdemeanors include speeding, assault, public intoxication and hot checks.
    So, in addition to their being here illegally in the first place, it’s no big thing to attack someone, get drunk and put others lives in their hands or to defraud businesses? Dare I say you gotta be kidding me?

Irving officials estimate that of the 1,700 referred for deportation, 60% of them would not have been deported under the new I.C.E. guidelines. That would be 1,020 of these criminals still walking the streets of the U.S., assaulting people, getting drunk and carousing around or defrauding honest businessmen. Unreal.

[quote]Hispanic leaders and activists were pleased with the ICE decision.

“We said to the Irving authorities that the way they were proceeding was wrong because they were not affecting criminals but families for totally unjustified reasons,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Special interest groups prevail over Americans best interest again!! So much for stopping "catch and release"
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Hundreds of mostly Hispanic demonstrators marched on City Hall to protest the program, and on Tuesday their leaders praised the development as a victory.

"It's a great, great, great victory," activist Carlos Quintanilla said.
    Yep, and it's a great, great, great loss for the good guys.

This is beyond ridiculous. Once again the federal governments refusal to enforce the laws bites us in the butt.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Our Federal Government does not ENFORCE The laws!

Well our government who is responsible in enforcing the law seems to be only
    into enforcement when its its own citizens! HOMELAND SECURITY IS A DISGRACE!

You punish the American citizen and hold them to the laws yet you have problems with those who are not even citizens of this country! You mindlessly give passes to illegal immigrants yet punish American citizens! Go figure!

HOMELAND SECURITY IS A JOKE! HEAD of HOMELAND SECURITY CHERTOFF

Should get off his gluteus maximus and actually do his job! ICE is part of The DHS.

This is a SAD day for America because of ICE. ICE's effectiveness is melting before our eyes.

Some "powers that be" do not want illegals deported and 2008 is a presidential election year--there has to be a connection. Illegals voting????

The 2010 census is coming--some states will gain more members in the House of Represenatives (House Representation is based on population not citizens) giving them greater power and say in federal policies. This could be a clue why states draft pro illegal immigration policies (like drivers licenses to illegals) and provide sanctuary cities.

Is Lou Dobbs becoming too popular and poses too much of a threat to the Republican and Democratic parties?

What can ALIPAC and we do to stop this misuse of power? I sent Lou Dobbs a copy or the original article.

"Today it's a big celebration for all immigrants that the CAP program is going to be revised and that illegal immigrants in Irving will not be deported for traffic citations," said Carlos Quintanilla, who has gained media attention for organizing rallies in opposition to the program.
    Carlos Quintanilla, himself, calls them ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. That would be funny if the issue wasn't so serious.

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tom Tancredo

If Tom doesn't make it as President he should be put in charge of Homeland Security!

You know I was thinking that very same thing.

He could do more good for this country as Homeland Security director than as President - in my opinion.

As HS director, he would have the laws, the personnel, and the will of the people to get something done.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I reported my ex-wife for being an illegal, again. When I told them her alien registration number and that she was Cambodian the agent on the phone started getting excited. "Thats Marriage fraud", and it sounded to me like he was rubbing his hands back and forth goint 'oh boy, oh boy, oh boy'.

I'm thinking that a non-mexican being reported for illegal immigrant is a big deal right now. I read in the CAmbodian times that they got permission to deport 2,000 Cambodians and that it is the most Cambodians ever to be deported since 2002. Maybe they are having problems filling that quota.

I keep hoping that any day now I get a phone call cussing me out because ICE picked her up. Odds are more likely when he passes his report up to his superiors they'll toss it due to the fact that she hasn't been prosecuted with any real crime other than over staying her k-1 visa. My accusation that she committed marriage fraud hasn't been seriously persued IMO.

Anyhow it is understandable that ICE has limited resources. However, they should use their resources at maximum to deport the maximum number of illegal aliens, regardless of race, every month. If they seriously persue this agenda and if the US seriously seals the border in time a noticable dent would be made on the number of illegals being deported.

I think the wait time for self-deported illegal aliens to get back into the line of legal immigration should be reduced from 10 years to 5, possibly even just 2 years. If we make the penalties stiff for being deported by ICE vs being self-deportation, and they notice a noticable reduction of illegal aliens in the US due to enforcement by ICE I think more illegals would self deport thinking that the minor 2 or 5 year waiting period is better than the alternative.

They won't do that if they don't have a constant fear of being deported.

slyhunter wrote:
    I read in the CAmbodian times that they got permission to deport 2,000 Cambodians and that it is the most Cambodians ever to be deported since 2002
    Are you saying the U.S. government needed the Cambodian government's permission to deport Cambodian illegals back there?

"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    How in the hell can they pick and choose which laws they want to enforce and expect anyone to respect the law of the land?
    That's what I want to know. ICE needs to do their job, and that means ALL ILLEGALS GET DEPORTED, not just a chosen few that have committed certain crimes. They are ALL criminals as far as I am concerned.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast