Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Idaho Immigration

Kuna, Idaho: A great place to live, muy tranquilo
    Idaho Immigration: Genesis of a Suburban Barrio

By Nathaniel Hoffman, 8-14-07

Children bust their piñatas on the last day of Reed Elementary School's summer migrant education program.

Last week the Census Bureau released its 2006 estimates for county populations. The numbers showed Hispanic growth almost everywhere, including in Idaho. Particularly in the larger urban areas.

A few stories highlighted the fact that Idaho’s Hispanic population grew by 8,300 last year. All but two of the state’s counties saw some Hispanic growth. Parts of Wyoming experienced the same type of growth.

The Billings paper ran an AP story noting that Garfield County in Montana, on the other hand, is still among the nation’s whitest counties.

In this second installment of a NewWest series about immigration in the American West, we take a look at Kuna, Idaho, once a sleepy, nearly all-white country town. Now Kuna, experiencing the same explosive growth that has appeared in similar places across the West, is considered a “good place to liveâ€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He has noticed - but his financial and maybe political interests lie in pretending he hasn't.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm going to have to find out why these notices were in Spanish. Idaho is English only.

'Sic 'em' !!!

I'll call my friendly little Senator and see what he has to say about this.

GERRRRR coming to a town near me!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I have fond memories of visiting my Grandma in Kuna. Back in the day when at 9 yrs old, my siblings and I would walk all over town... play at the small park for hours upon hours without fear... Everyone knew my Grandma, she lived there for 40 years..

When we left Idaho in July 2006 for the last time. Kuna had grown by leaps and bounds..Still smelled of cow dung. And had a bunch of illegals that migrated from Emmett, Nampa/Caldwell.

All of Idaho has grown. McCall was hard to see.. Not a quaint mountain anymore....

What is the status of Vasquez? (sp) Is he still involved? He was very out spoken over in Caldwell/ Nampa concerning the illegals population, crime, etc.

IMO, Kuna will be accepting until the crime and violence enter the picture, and I think that it is only a matter of time before it does...
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

yes Idaho is growing so fast , up in Northern Idaho we are getting alot of people getting out of Calif., Texas, New Mexico, and our town has more than tripled. We had 10,000 5 to 8 years ago we are at around 35,000 and our infrastructer can not keep up, we have so much traffic and the schools are starting to get croweded.

Vasquez was involved with Boise University last year, the young Republicans were putting on a fund raiser to have Vasquez speak at the college. It was called catch an illegal, it was a road coarse and they had to climb a fence, who ever was the fastest got 2 tickets to the local mexican restruaunt The Hispanic students threw a fit and the college was all in an uproar, the kids came to ALIPAC looking for support, so we wrote letters to the President and reminded him of their freedom of speech, they printed my letter in the school paper Any way they got Vasquez to speak but the president said next time they would watch what they were doing more closely. I heard Vasquez was going to run for office in 2008, we shall see. So did you grow up in Idaho?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)