Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yep, I'm really looking forward to the total search and pat down that they did with my mom 2 years ago, the last time we flew. The 2 of us look so dangerous!!!!!

And getting her out of the wheelchair is going to be interesting since she's now starting to hallucinate.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I wonder what kind of bail if any was set for "Marco Polo"

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I wonder what kind of bail if any was set for "Marco Polo"

W
    Does that mean he's it since he was caught?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Polo_(game)

Marco Polo (game)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Object of the Game: Not to get caught by "Marco" (the person who is "it")
    Jump to: navigation, search
    For other meanings, see Marco Polo (disambiguation)
    The children's game of Marco Polo is a form of tag played in a swimming pool. The game is popular in the United States, Canada and Brazil, and possibly in other parts of the world.

[edit]
    Rules
    The game is played by two or more persons. At any time there is one distinguished player, "It", who must swim around the pool with his or her eyes closed, attempting to tag the other player(s). The "It" player can only sense where the other players are by sound, but may call out "Marco!", at which point all the other players are required to yell "Polo!". When the "It" player succeeds in tagging another player, the latter becomes "It".

There are a few common minor variations. Fish-out-of-water allows the non-It players to get out of the pool (thus protecting themselves from being tagged by the water-bound It), however, should the It call "fish out of water" while some one is out of the pool, that person becomes It. Interestingly there is no convention to resolve a situation of more than one person being out of the pool and being caught by that. Alligator Eyes allows the It to call out "alligator eyes" and then swim underwater with eyes open for one breath. Usually, the It is limited to one use of alligator-eyes. Often this rule is used when playing with amateurs or very little children, who have not mastered the sublime art of hearing their opponents.

[edit]
    History
    Although no one has been able to verify it, legend has it that when Marco Polo was traveling to see the Great Kublai Khan he became dehydrated and had hallucinations, or dreamed, that someone was calling his name. Many believe that the game evolved from that theory.

[edit]
    Variations
    There are many variants to this game. It may be played on dry ground; in that case, it is similar to "blind man's bluff".

Another variant is "Sharks and Minnows" or "Silent Witness", which uses the tag rules of Marco Polo, but the players are not required to make a sound at any time.

Also popular in the UK, re-named as "Bat/Moth", often also played in swimming pools, but unlike the US version, often played on land, as a large group, with three or four contestants making the bats and moths, with the remainder forming a circle barrier to prevent leaving the game.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    Yep, I'm really looking forward to the total search and pat down that they did with my mom 2 years ago, the last time we flew. The 2 of us look so dangerous!!!!!

And getting her out of the wheelchair is going to be interesting since she's now starting to hallucinate.
    Ya know, PAT........I don't want to start any trouble but.....but.....
    If that should happen this time? Please, PAT, pleaassssssssse have a tantrum right on the spot this time!! Don't let them touch your mom this time! Tell them to take a freakin hike and feel up some ILLEGALS.......
    Make a stink and give some courage to other Americans.
    THANK YOU NORM MINETA - another traitor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2nd,

Oh, boy, will I ever. Remember, it's 2 years further from 9/11, AND most importantly, I'm educated now!

My daughter had an interesting experience with what can only be described as a power-hungry TSA agent.

She had flown down here, about 1 year ago, and since I was in the middle of a project (won't bore you!) brought her fancy-dancy sewing/and wash the dishes & put them away/machine. She said that leaving Seattle, she told them about it, was taken directly to a table, she had a little screwdriver on her, and opened the case for them (she didn't want them to hurt it) and then went on about the business of flying. No problem.

Miami, NO WAY. After going through the above, she was told very arrogantly that that she could board, but the machine was going to be confiscated. Oh yeah, right! I didn't bring her up that way. She's 6'1", and NOT a Twiggy, and extremely intelligent. She looked at the woman, and nicely asked why (WE ALWAYS START NICE AND WORK UP!). The agent's response "Because I said so.!" So, my daughter asked for a Supervisor. The agent, said "NO". So my daughter raised her voice, said "EXCUSE ME (which caused everyone to pay attention) WE NEED A SUPERVISOR HERE, NOW, PLEASE!" The Supervisor came right over, my daughter explained the situation, AND THAT SHE HAD NO TROUBLE BRINGING THE MACHINE HERE FROM SEATTLE, that it had been inspected, and believed that the agent wanted to steal it, that there was no reason for confiscation, and that she wanted to file a formal complaint. Ended up with the agent being put off duty, right then, suspended pending investigation, then being fired. Arrested for grand theft. The authorities found a lot of 'missing/lost baggage' in her home.

Fortunately, my daughter, because of the machine, had gone early to the airport, and didn't miss her flight.

So , oh yeah, I'll stand up for us.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

curiouspat: You raised a smart cookie. Good for her. By the way, if I had gotten my hands on "Marco Polo" first, there would be no need for bail. I would have put him in the hospital. Absolutely disgraceful.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.timesreporter.com/index.php?ID=55932&r=1

ACLU: Charge won't stick - Group's Ohio director says flag burning not a crime
    By RYAN KARP, T-R Staff Writer

The American Civil Liberties Union is responding to a charge of flag desecration issued this week by the New Philadelphia police department.

Chris Link, executive director of ACLU Ohio, said Thursday that the state law Traffic Officer Dave Cimperman said a 35-year-old New Philadelphia man violated is an unconstitutional law based on a 1989 Supreme Court ruling in the case Texas v. Johnson.

“Although the law is still in the Ohio books, this charge will not be able to stand up on its merit,” said Link. “That charge will have to be dismissed.”

Cimperman said he was just doing his job of enforcing the laws on the books when he charged the man with burning the American flag Tuesday.

The state law reads: “No person, without privilege to do so, shall purposely deface, damage, pollute, or otherwise physically mistreat ... the flag of the United States or of this state. ... Whoever violates this section is guilty of desecration. A violation of this section is a misdemeanor of the second degree.”

New Philadelphia Law Director Michael Johnson could not be reached for comment Thursday.

“Flag burning in itself is a symbol of protected symbolic speech,” said Link. “Flag burning as a crime cannot be a crime.”

Ever since the Supreme Court’s decision, Congress has attempted to pass a constitutional amendment that would overturn the ruling. Link cited a decision made by the U.S. Senate last week that rejected a proposed constitutional amendment to ban flag desecration. The amendment fell one vote short of the two-thirds majority required for passage.

The New Philadelphia man, who told police his name is Marco Polo and also carried identification as Carlos Hernandez, remained in the New Philadelphia city jail Thursday after a holder was placed on him Wednesday by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS). Police said immigration officials stated the man was being held so he could be identified properly.

Polo, who resides at 355 4th St. NW, pleaded not guilty to charges of theft and desecration of an American flag Wednesday in New Philadelphia Municipal Court. Police said Polo took the flag, which was owned by the city, and set it on fire in the 100 block of 1st Dr. NW
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Marco Polo sails into hands of INS
    Advertisement

Marco Polo, also known as Carlos Hernandez, 35, of New Philadelphia was taken into custody by officers of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS) Tuesday morning.

Polo, who resides at 355 4th St. NW, had been held in the New Philadelphia City jail since July 4, charged with desecration of an American flag and theft after New Philadelphia police said he stole an American flag owned by the city from W. High Ave. and set it on fire in the 100 block of 1st Dr. NW.

Polo was released on his own recognizance after he pleaded not guilty to the charges in New Philadelphia Municipal Court last week but was returned to jail after U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services placed a holder on him for being an illegal alien.

New Philadelphia police said Polo was taken from their jail to Cleveland.

http://www.timesreporter.com/index.php?ID=56089&r=5
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12