Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by orchid_noir
    The money, and all like it, should go to programs to help CITIZENS of the country that have been put into poverty because they used to do "jobs that American's won't" but can no longer get those jobs because of job markets flooded by illegal employees that will do them for less "base pay" while still getting to have take home pay equal to or greater than the take home pay of legal employees.

(oh.... Hi ya'll! From the newcomer )
    Welcome to ALIPAC orchid_noir. Neat avatar BTW.

I like how the MSM couches his story as if he made a "mistake". Yeah, if I made that "mistake" would I get any sympathy?
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    I'm not defending the fact that this guy came here illegally, but I think there are bigger fish to fry.

On the positive side, this guy did not bring a wife and 6 kids here to leech off the system. He didn't pay taxes, but then he didn't earn enough to actually require paying Federal income tax. He apparently did not use someone else's SSN. He doesn't appear to have a criminal record. He was a lowly dishwasher who probably didn't take a job from an American. And he just wanted to make enough to go back to Guatamala and take care of his family. He didn't send any money to his family for 11 years because he wanted to bring it all back when he left the US. He obviously was not aware of the fact that he was supposed to declare anything over $10,000. But he was leaving the US...probably forever.

If this guy did not defraud the system and worked 11 years of his life as a dishwasher, I say let him keep all of his money so that he can have a decent life in his home country. That's all.
    I totally agree with you American me.Take the tax if you must but it sounds like this guy lived a horrible life of deprivation while here to be able to save that kind of money with a dream to go home and who knows maybe start a little business,employ someone who would stay home instead of coming here.I doubt he stole any ID or they would have charged him with identity theft.

The point is he did not intend to stay.Lets give this guy a break.........and besides keeping him here and all the cost associated with the investigation etc. probably far exceedes the $56,000 and tax payers are footing the bill.........
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12