Star-Telegram staff writer

FORT WORTH -- The man repeated his demand over and over: "Come with me now."

But Naomi Ayala, 22, wasn't about to budge.

The former Texas Christian University student had just pulled into the driveway of her Arlington Heights home about 2:30 a.m. Saturday after a night in downtown Fort Worth with her cousin when two men -- one armed with what may have been a straight-edged razor -- tried to kidnap her, police say.

With her boyfriend's help, she got away.

But police don't ]b]believe it was the men's last attempt -- or their first -- to kidnap a woman.[/b]

Two men jailed after another woman's attempted kidnapping 30 minutes later near the TCU campus are also suspects in Ayala's attack and that of a 22-year-old woman Aug. 19.

"It was crime of opportunities," said major case Sgt. J.D. Moore. "They were out to kidnap a woman, but they didn't plan it out very well."

Jose Alberto Chavollo, 19, and Victor Garcia, 23, remained in Mansfield Jail on Tuesday. Chavollo faces charges of aggravated kidnapping, evading arrest and possession of a controlled substance and was being held with bail set at $31,000. Garcia faces a charge of aggravated kidnapping and was being held with bail set at $100,000.

Police say both men are believed to be illegal immigrants and also face immigration holds.

Here's a recap of the attempted kidnappings:

First attack

The 22-year-old victim told police that she was getting out of her car in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 3000 block of McPherson Avenue about 3 a.m. Aug 19 when she was approached by three men. The woman told investigators that she bit one man's hand as he tried to cover her mouth and kicked the face of one of the two others as they tried to grab her legs.

The woman told police that the men fled in a black sport utility vehicle, possibly a Chevrolet Tahoe. Moore said police are still trying to determine the identity of the third man.

Second attack

Ayala said she believes that she never noticed the black Tahoe trailing or parking outside her house off Montgomery Street in Arlington Heights as she returned home about 2:30 a.m. Saturday because its lights were off. But she couldn't miss the glint of what appeared to be a knife or straight-edge razor in the stranger's left hand as she opened her driver's side door to hear the man's order her to come with him.

"I knew my boyfriend Chris [Crawford] was inside so I just started screaming 'Chris!'" Ayala said Tuesday. "Every time I yelled Chris' name, he came closer to my neck with the knife."

Crawford, 26, emerged from the house to see the man attacking Ayala while a second man apparently stood guard at the passenger door. The two men fled toward their Tahoe, which was parked in the street.

"Chris went to the passenger door, opened it and grabbed one of them by their lapel and tried to pull him out," Ayala said. "By the time he was doing that, the other guy was stomping on the gas. He couldn't get a good enough grip to get him out of the car before they drove off."

Ayala, who has a knack for remembering numbers, focused on the Tahoe's license plate, which she gave to police.

"Chris is kind of the hero," Ayala said. "He saved the day."

Third attack

About 30 minutes after Ayala's attack, a 21-year-old woman was walking ahead of a group of friends in the TCU area when she was confronted by two men in the parking lot of Little Caesars pizza in the 3100 block of Greene Avenue. The men demanded money.

When the woman told the two men she did not have any money, one of the men grabbed her cellphone and pushed her against a railing, according to Garcia's arrest warrant affidavit.

As the woman kicked and swung her arms, the men grabbed her and dragged her toward their Chevrolet Tahoe.

Fearing for her life, the she fell backward on the pavement, where one of the men then struck her in the head twice with a metal flashlight.

A friend, walking up on the attack, ran to help, and the two suspects fled in the Tahoe. The friend also got the Tahoe's license plate number -- the same as reported by Ayala.

The girl was treated at Harris Methodist Fort Worth Hospital for her injuries.

"They were getting more violent as they progressed," Moore said. "I think they would have eventually done worse."

About 45 minutes later, officer T. Shelton saw the Tahoe headed west on West Vickery Boulevard. Chavollo was arrested after a short vehicle and foot pursuit.

Inside the Tahoe's glove box, police found a flashlight with blood on it, said Lt. Dean Sullivan, a police spokesman.

Police said Garcia escaped but was arrested that night in the 6800 block of Chickering Road.

Deanna Boyd, 817-390-7655 ... 23989.html

I am so angry that our government allowed these monsters in out cities and neighborhoods. Those in our government who have the power to stop but but sit by and do nothing should be tried for treason.

I hope these criminals hear the day when the warden says, "come with me now" as he leads them to the chair.