Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrants to be refused Michigan driver's licenses

1/21/2008, 2:18 p.m. EST
    By TIM MARTIN
    The Associated Press

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Illegal immigrants no longer will be able to get Michigan driver's licenses starting Tuesday.

Some who legally are in Michigan but not permanent residents also will be denied licenses unless state law is changed.

Michigan Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land made the announcement Monday, aimed at complying with a ruling issued last month by Attorney General Mike Cox. Opinions by the attorney general's office are legally binding on state agencies and officers unless reversed by the courts.

The new policy applies to first-time applicants for a Michigan driver's license or identification card. Updated procedures for renewals soon will be released.

Michigan has been one of eight states to allow undocumented immigrants to get driver's licenses. The practice has come under increasing scrutiny since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

http://tinyurl.com/36oepb

© 2008 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

Excellent!

Can ALIPAC post which states still do issue driver's licenses and/or state identification cards to illegal aliens and/or non-permanent residents?

I'm thankful to Spitzer because due to his folly and ill-conceived idea to grant driver's licenses to illegals in NY, other states have seen the political fall-out and backlash and would rather just cut off the illegals now rather than face the wrath of American citizens who have had enough of this nonsense.

Let me offer a few that I know of (eg. is only by memory, and is NOT complete!):

Other folks throughout the country can add the others in their area for the ones I omit...

Currently:

Oregon [soon to stop],
    Washington,
    Maine,
    Utah (?)
    Maryland (?)
    Illinois (?)

Lou Dobbs has had stories with those lists/maps fairly recently. I'll keep searching for an up to date list and post it back if/when I find it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Some counties in Ohio have added a State Troopers to our DMV locations. They are there trouble makers and for any of those people that present fraudulent documentations at the windows. I was there a few weeks ago and got to see one criminal go down hard when he tried to run when he was found out to be a fake...

Eleven states issue drivers licenses to illegal aliens, including Alaska, Connecticut, Idaho, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Washington and West Virginia. In 2003, California's Governor Davis signed into law a bill that would give illegals drivers licenses. It is widely believed that this was the final act that contributed to his 2003 recall. Immediately after this law was signed, hundreds of thousands of signatures were collected that would have placed the question on the March 2004 general election ballot. Incoming Governor Schwarzenegger annulled the law, purportedly so that the electorate would not have a chance to vote on the issue.

One of the arguments in favor of issuing drivers licenses to illegal aliens is that it will make our roads safer. This is not likely, as someone who has broken U.S. law to come here will most likely continue to break our laws - including traffic laws - and to drive without insurance and to obtain "breeder" licenses under false names.

http://www.theamericanresistance.com/is ... enses.html

Thanks Sharona. I believe that TN has since pulled away from the practice, and so too, will OR here in about 3 weeks. MI I guess will follow as well.

Little by little bit by bit...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

Re: Illegal immigrants to be refused Michigan driver's licen

Quote Originally Posted by Sharona
    Eleven states issue drivers licenses to illegal aliens, including Alaska, Connecticut, Idaho, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Washington and West Virginia. In 2003, California's Governor Davis signed into law a bill that would give illegals drivers licenses. It is widely believed that this was the final act that contributed to his 2003 recall. Immediately after this law was signed, hundreds of thousands of signatures were collected that would have placed the question on the March 2004 general election ballot. Incoming Governor Schwarzenegger annulled the law, purportedly so that the electorate would not have a chance to vote on the issue.

One of the arguments in favor of issuing drivers licenses to illegal aliens is that it will make our roads safer. This is not likely, as someone who has broken U.S. law to come here will most likely continue to break our laws - including traffic laws - and to drive without insurance and to obtain "breeder" licenses under false names.

http://www.theamericanresistance.com/is ... enses.html
    Im not sure where that web site got its info, but I am sure
    Ohio does not give or issue drivers licenses to illegal aliens!

Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Washington do not require drivers to prove legal status to obtain a license.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?secti ... id=5905220

It amazes me how states do this. It's like giving a stamp of approval for anyone to obtain a license in this country. Didn't one of the terrorists of 9/11 have 4 licenses? What are these people thinking?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It might be a good time to revisit this short online video by Michelle Malkin-

She makes the point with great impact:

http://hotair.com/archives/2006/05/17/connect-the-dots/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast