Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Invasion: The Battle At The Border

(quote)

Illegal Invasion: The Battle At The Border
    by B. Jay Johnson

The U.S. Border Patrol was out in full force this Labor Day Weekend along the Mexican border. I know it for a fact because I saw it with my own eyes.

As I made plans for my trip to southern California, I considered heading in a northerly direction, but at the last minute I decided it was best to travel south. I took Interstate 20 from Birmingham all the way to far western Texas where I-20 becomes I-10. It was when I traveled on I-10 that I started to notice the border agents. I saw them riding in their vehicles with the words "Border Patrol" painted across the side in giant letters.

They drove parellel to the interstate on backroads. I also saw them parked on the grassy median of the highway. At times they were traveling at a normal rate of speed - at other times, at a fast rate of speed. My imagination started running wild. I wanted to follow them so badly, but I knew I couldn't. For one, they probably would tell me to back off -- and secondly, it would put be behind on my travel schedule.

I also had a one-on-one encounter with a Border Patrol agent as I entered New Mexico from Texas. Signs were up warning travelers to slow down and that they were entering an "inspection station." Yes, every single vehicle that entered New Mexico along I-10 had to stop and check in with the Border Patrol. Admittedly, I was driving well beyond the speed limit before I saw the orange cones at the entrance of the "inspection station." When I came to a stop, the agent smiled at me then asked, "Why are you in such a hurry? You need to slow down." I couldn't argue with him. All I could do was say I was sorry and that the "inspection station" had caught me off guard.

To my amazement, the Border Patrol agent asked me whether I was a legal citizen. Can you believe that? I mean, I'm glad he did. I hope he asks every traveler the same question, but you have to put it all in perspective. As I have been reporting in this special series of reports, judges in the court system apparently are not required to ask a suspected illegal alien whether he or she is a legal citizen when they arrive in court to face charges. You remember the Otis Eaton case, right? The suspect in that case was driving a car that tore through Mr. Eaton's fence, turning it into a mangled mess of metal. He clearly was in Bradley County illegally, but not once was he questioned about his citizenship status. Then you have this here reporter, a legal citizen of the United States, being asked whether he is legal or not. I must laugh at it all. But again, I'm certainly in favor of the Border Patrol doing everything they can to protect our borders.

Having seen the Border Patrol in action, it prompted me to do some research on this special national agency. I will share with you now what I found.

The first thing I discovered is that the Border Patrol has actually been renamed. It is now called the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). It is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). CBP combined the inspectional workforces and broad border authorities of U.S. Customs, U.S. Immigration, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service and the entire U.S. Border Patrol.

CBP includes more than 41,000 employees working to manage, control and protect the Nation's borders, at and between the official ports of entry. "U.S. Customs and Border Protection has accomplished a lot to secure our borders, but there is much more we are doing. We understand that as America's frontline, the security of a nation rests on our shoulders. We have learned the lessons of 9/11 and are working day and night to make America safer and more secure," stated Commissioner Robert C. Bonner.

"For the first time in our nation's history, one agency has the lone responsibility of protecting our borders. As the single, unified border agency, CBP's mission is vitally important to the protection of America and the American people. CBP's priority mission is preventing terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States, while also facilitating the flow of legitimate trade and travel," continued Commissioner Bonner.

CBP uses multiple strategies and employs the latest in technology to accomplish its dual goals. CBP's initiatives are designed to protect the homeland from acts of terrorism, and reduce the vulnerability to the threat of terrorists through a multi-level inspection process.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection assess all passengers flying into the U.S. from abroad for terrorist risk. We are able to better identify people who may pose a risk through initiatives such as: the Advance Passenger Information System (APIS), United States Visitor and Immigrant Status Indication Technology (US-VISIT), and the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS). CBP regularly refuses entry to people who may pose a threat to the security of our country. This was not a focus prior to 9/11, but a shift in priorities and the formation of U.S. Customs and Border Protection has made this the top priority of the agency - keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country.

In addition, CBP uses advance information from the Automated Targeting System (ATS), Automated Export System (AES), and the Trade Act of 2002 Advance Electronic Information Regulations to identify cargo that may pose a threat. CBP's Office of Intelligence and the National Targeting Center (NTC) enhance these initiatives by synthesizing information to provide tactical targeting. Using risk management techniques, they evaluate people and goods to identify a suspicious individual or container before it can reach our shores.

The Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) has made electronic risk management far more effective. The ACE Secure Data Portal provides a single, centralized on-line access point to connect CBP and the trade community. CBP's modernization efforts enhance border security while optimizing the ever-increasing flow of legitimate trade.

CBP also screens high-risk imported food shipments in order to prevent bio-terrorism/agro-terrorism. For the first time, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and CBP personnel are working side by side at the NTC to protect the U.S. food supply by taking action, implementing provisions of the Bioterrorism Act of 2002. CBP and FDA are able to react quickly to threats of bio-terrorist attacks on the U.S. food supply or to other food related emergencies.

Furthermore, CBP has established working groups with our foreign counterparts to establish ties, improve security and facilitate the flow of legitimate trade and travel. CBP has established the Container Security Initiative (CSI). Under CSI, CBP pushes the border outward by working jointly with host nation counterparts to identify and pre-screen containers that pose a risk at the foreign port of departure before they are loaded on board vessels bound for the U.S. With the addition of the Port of Piraeus, Greece this week, CSI is now implemented in 20 of the largest ports in terms of container shipments to the U.S.

CBP has implemented joint initiatives with our bordering countries, Canada and Mexico: The Smart Border Declaration and associated 30-Point Action Plan with Canada and The Smart Border Accord with Mexico. The Secure Electronic Network for Travelers' Rapid Inspection (SENTRI) allows pre-screened, low-risk travelers from Mexico to be processed in an expeditious manner through dedicated lanes. Similarly, on our northern border with Canada, we are engaging in NEXUS to identify and facilitate low-risk travelers. Along both borders, CBP has implemented the Free and Secure Trade (FAST) program. The FAST program utilizes transponder technology and pre-arrival shipment information to process participating trucks as they arrive at the border, expediting trade while better securing our borders.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection's top priority is to keep terrorists and their weapons from entering the United States. While welcoming all legitimate travelers and trade, CBP officers and agents enforce all applicable U.S. laws. CBP prevents narcotics, agricultural pests and smuggled goods from entering the country and also identifies and arrests those with outstanding criminal warrants. On a typical day last year, CBP officers welcomed 1.2 million people at the nation's 314 land, air and sea ports while denying entry to more than 3,000 inadmissible visitors.

You can learn much more about how the "Border Patrol" or CBP operates by going to their website: www.cbp.gov.

(quote)

http://www.bradleyweekly.com/news.cfm?id=5495
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To my amazement, the Border Patrol agent asked me whether I was a legal citizen. Can you believe that? I
    LOL.....funny thing is I've been asked tons of times to prove I'm citizen for jobs etc. Since when has our normal questions become something offensive? Guess when there's millions who have something to hide.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If Mr. Johnson wants to see the border and BP in action I should invite him out to my place, that would give him something to write about.

And are CBP dealing with everyday illegal alien coming across the border?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "RED ALERT ACTIVISTS"!!
    LETS STOP THE TRUCKS FROM MEXICO they roll Thursday!

Instructions
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=81163
    Post comments here
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=81152
    ACTION ALERT REQUESTS!!
    HR1940 "BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP"
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=81156
    Please activists leave comments,at below link
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=79828
    ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC keep the fight up"all donations welcome"extended to 9/11
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

So "low risks travelers" have expedited entry into the US which I assume means they cross the border without inspection.

Sounds like open borders are upon us .

Disturbing...........
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "RED ALERT ACTIVISTS"!!

Instructions
    Post comments here
    ACTION ALERT REQUESTS!!
    Yes they are. There is no road I can take to leave my county (San Diego) without going through a check point. I see BP rigs all over evey time I go out and usually two or three coming through my property a day.
    I have had groups of illegals come through my place and went inside to call them in and as I'm walking back out the BP helicopter is flying overhead with ground units right behind them.
    I have watched these guys spend hours tracking illegals through the brush in the hot sun putting up with poison oak, cactus and rattlesnakes. Earlier this year one agent was snake bit and only a couple of months ago one died from heat stroke.
    These agents are all over the place down here doing their job the best they can and it's not an easy one I can tell you.
    I don't usually post about things that I see down here so I will have to ask that you trust me when I say I support the Border Patrol 100% because I have seen them in action many times.
    MD

Thanks "Mountaindog" that is great to hear we sure hear alot of different stories around hear but I would believe and trust one of our own first meaning you!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Yes they are. There is no road I can take to leave my county (San Diego) without going through a check point. I see BP rigs all over evey time I go out and usually two or three coming through my property a day.
    I have had groups of illegals come through my place and went inside to call them in and as I'm walking back out the BP helicopter is flying overhead with ground units right behind them.
    I have watched these guys spend hours tracking illegals through the brush in the hot sun putting up with poison oak, cactus and rattlesnakes. Earlier this year one agent was snake bit and only a couple of months ago one died from heat stroke.
    These agents are all over the place down here doing their job the best they can and it's not an easy one I can tell you.
    I don't usually post about things that I see down here so I will have to ask that you trust me when I say I support the Border Patrol 100% because I have seen them in action many times.
    MD

So basically the problem is that there are not enough Border Patrol Agents and most of the ICE agents are taking power naps and not doing their jobs?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS

"RED ALERT ACTIVISTS"!!

Instructions
    Post comments here
    ACTION ALERT REQUESTS!!
    MD
    Mountain Dog..In NO way was I judgng the BP or the hard work they are doing.

I am questioning what seems to me a new directive coming from the top.Which,after reading this article,leads me to beleive they are focusing on terrorist and turning their attention away from Illegal Immigrants.

The treatment of BP's trying to do their jobs also tells me they are being discouraged instead of encouraged to apprehend Ilegals.How many BPs have been arrested ?

It not only deters them from doing their job but also demoralizes them when they do not have a government who stands behind them when the chips are down.

That leads me to believe secretly our government do not want Illegals stopped.........
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I don't know enough about ICE to comment on them but yes we could use more agents down here.
    It's important to understand that even though this is San Diego county it is still a very rough and rural area, it is over a mile from my house to a paved road.
    There is nothing the BP can do until an illegal crosses the border so they have to watch and respond to reports of sightings. They also have to deal with American smugglers as well.
    To try and cover this entire area with agents would take a lot.
    Many of the illegals have crossed before and know the tricks, they wear booties made from blankets to make it harder to track them and they know to hide under the brush for hours waiting for things to clear out if they think they are spotted, often the BP will have to track them right to where they are and this takes time. There is a complete network of smugglers down here, most don't last very long and there is always others to take their place.
    I'm sorry but I'm trying to cover a lot of info here, if anyone has a specific question I will try to answer it.
    MD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast