Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals Flee Iowa in Advance of New Law

Immigrants, employers brace for plan’s effects
    JASON CLAYWORTH

Some of the regular customers at Ignacio Ramirez’s Mexican grocery store have already left Iowa, while others told him this month that they are preparing to move to another state.

The exodus, to which he attributes a 20 percent to 30 percent drop in sales, is out of fear brought about by a legislative proposal that some in Iowa’s Hispanic communities say would make it virtually impossible for undocumented workers to find employment.

And while the legislative proposal hasn’t even been debated, Ramirez said his customers already sense the brewing animosity toward undocumented workers. They are leaving in a pre-emptive effort to protect their families, he said. Because undocumented workers often take hard-to-fill jobs, all of Iowa will suffer, he predicted.

“If they pass that law, it’s going to affect everybody. Not just us. Everybody,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sioux City Iowa was voted the best place to live one year.....within 5 it turned into a nightmare. I hate to be cold but I seriously doubt it will effect anyone (out side of a collective sigh of relief) to see them go. They don't serve anyone but their own so the only people it will hurt is their own.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Some of the regular customers at Ignacio Ramirez’s Mexican grocery store have already left Iowa, while others told him this month that they are preparing to move to another state.
    The SAD thing is that the illegals are moving to another state instead of back to Mexico!!!

Quote Originally Posted by April
    The SAD thing is that the illegals are moving to another state instead of back to Mexico!!!
    The more we push them into sanctuary cities (and welcoming states), the greater crush upon the libidiots territory. They will eventually beg for mercy against the IA invasion.

Banned
    The sad part is your right

Of course cities and states passing their own laws is a good thing
    but in reality it is helping to Balkinize this country because some of them do go back to their countries , the large share of them just move to one of the sanctuary states like Calif or Nevada and many others

Mental Note

Mental Note To Myself: Illegal Immigrants should apply for citizenship in their own country.

-------------------------------------
    Some of these people now vote, and help change our laws from the inside. And, their numbers are growing faster than ours, and they know it. It's really just a matter of time.

-------------------------------------
    I've just decided that it won't be on my watch....

Re: Illegals Flee Iowa in Advance of New Law

an incredibly slow federal check system that can take more than a year to verify the legal status of workers,

I thought they said that e-verify does it within minutes..???????
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    The sad part is your right

Of course cities and states passing their own laws is a good thing
    but in reality it is helping to Balkinize this country because some of them do go back to their countries , the large share of them just move to one of the sanctuary states like Calif or Nevada and many others

And what troubles me is that Illinois / the Chicago area it the closest sanctuary.
    It’s only about a 3 to 4 hour drive to Chicago. I think our numbers here have declined in the last 2 or 3 month, and we don’t need to replace them with these illegals. To tell you the truth, we have to wait until spring to really tell. It could just be too cold for those South of the border illegals. I have noticed this pattern the last couple of winters. They come out right along with the tulips.

I really don’t trust that map as to “states with new lawsâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Re: Illegals Flee Iowa in Advance of New Law

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    an incredibly slow federal check system that can take more than a year to verify the legal status of workers,

I thought they said that e-verify does it within minutes..???????
    I was thinking "Guess they have not heard of E-Verify in Iowa Yet" as I read this.

Playing dumb is no excuse for Businesses to not use E- Verify.It is a super fast way to check legal status.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

"I thought they said that e-verify does it within minutes..??????? '

I does, but you have to use it first!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast