Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    So all the immigrants are registered to protest?
    My point is that any lobbying of Congress on behalf of a foreign power ("principal"--could be corporation, government, industry association....) is supposed to only be done by registered agents. That's what the Foreign Agent Registration Act is all about. These people, even though they are not drawing a salary, are calling our Congress, and otherwise trying to influence Congress, they are doing what their government ( a principal) wants them to do, and since they are not US citizens, I think they should be registered under the FARA Act.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, exactly....Captainron, you are so smart. Thank you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    So all the immigrants are registered to protest?
    My point is that any lobbying of Congress on behalf of a foreign power ("principal"--could be corporation, government, industry association....) is supposed to only be done by registered agents. That's what the Foreign Agent Registration Act is all about. These people, even though they are not drawing a salary, are calling our Congress, and otherwise trying to influence Congress, they are doing what their government ( a principal) wants them to do, and since they are not US citizens, I think they should be registered under the FARA Act.
    I wish I could have the confidence as you are, but this is Chicago, Crook County, Illinois, and rules, laws, charters, and even Constitutions mean nothing here, as long as the said goal goes against the liberal Democratic Machines views. And the Machine supports the illegal aliens here. And do I need to remind you that Obama, his Chief of Staff, his Secretary of Education, and a lot more of his staff are from Chicago, and most likely they know of if not even friends with Jorge Mujica. Heck - Even his Secretary of State, Hillary originates from here and has learned her hardnosed politics here from the Machine. And then you can ask our Governors about following the rules. And every last one of them is a bleeding heart for the illegal aliens.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

I know what you mean about the political machine. I live in a "progressive" area too, but probably with not as much nastiness as Chi-town. However, I keep turning this issue over: there is a requirement for "foreign agents" who lobby for "foreign principals" to register. Now, if it were only US citizens who were calling our Congress and advocating the interests of these foreign principals I would say they are protected by First Amendment. But since they are "foreign nationals" and moreover, now in this country illegally, I think they have crossed the line. Whether they get a direct monetary renumeration, I think, is irrelevant.

For all intents and purposes when a congressional aide takes their phone call, they just assume that they are either a citizen or LPR, and covered by constitutional right. Or if they publicly demonstrate with the intent to influence our government nobody automatically concludes that they are foreign nationals; they may be or may not be. But since they are doing what a lobbyist would be doing, and since they are in this country illegally, they should not be allowed to influence public policy. It is not a matter for the Chicago "political machine" to decide upon. It is a matter for the federal government to decide upon and this should be brought to their attention. Any communication by them to our federal leaders should be stricken from record.

The lobbying done by registered groups is another story. I'm talking specifically about the phone calls, letters. etc. and demonstrations from illegal aliens. These should be publicly discounted as invalid lobbying. I think there is a legitimate argument there, although I know that immigration advocates would raise legal arguments against it.

What I was saying, though, about how governmental agencies define illegitimate activity is:" It doesn't matter what the people call it, it's what they were actually doing. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a duck" (actual lawyer quote to me)

http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/fara/
    Foreign Agents Registration Act
    The Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) was enacted in 1938. FARA is a disclosure statute that requires persons acting as agents of foreign principals in a political or quasi-political capacity to make periodic public disclosure of their relationship with the foreign principal, as well as activities, receipts and disbursements in support of those activities. Disclosure of the required information facilitates evaluation by the government and the American people of the statements and activities of such persons in light of their function as foreign agents. The FARA Registration Unit of the Counterespionage Section (CES) in the National Security Division (NSD) is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Act.

Title 22--Foreign Relations and Intercourse
    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin ... E=22USCC11

Thanks for calling me smart. My experience is that underdogs get their rights trampled, mostly because they are ignorant of how the law would protect them. Right now we are the underdogs.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

MadinChicago.
    The news source link does not work. If we cannot substantiate the news source we may have to pull from the boards.
    Thank you.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MadInChicago: Call your Two Senators and voice your opinions often, weekly? And you are here with ALIPAC; and recruit other close friends and family members. I know the dangers, so keep educating yourself and we may in the near future have to move to safer locations.

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    MadinChicago.
    The news source link does not work. If we cannot substantiate the news source we may have to pull from the boards.
    Thank you.
    That's why I said: (copy / paste the complete link)

http://consejoime2009.googlegroups.com/web/What+do+we+want+(and+believe+it%E2%80%99s+possible +to+achieve)+in+the+first+100+days+(short).doc?hl= en&gda=o5Sw9JoAAABQ0Iu3njvpXDIGYRrqXsh0iyNs3MCj4be eVRBCPhu6y7V7rprNWF086zekyXbk4ZA85E4EiVByBbry7oRHv T7iLpWsZSlhkkN7QxYdg51c7Kqc95FL4zCU4MprioFUsWqyIlH-642clnW3Y3LzJyqYnQfckvAmoaQR07XoJNj0Oeqj1xl1p2wdbM bJ_rJGjSD97daDQaep90o7AOpSKHW0
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

MadInChicago: Call your Two Senators and voice your opinions often, weekly? And you are here with ALIPAC; and recruit other close friends and family members. I know the dangers, so keep educating yourself and we may in the near future have to move to safer locations.

All good advice vmonkey56, thank you, but its advice for normal government, remember this is CRook County, Chicago, Illinois the ultimate pit of corruption. You people think you have seen corruption at it’s worst, just wait, Illinois has just exported it’s brand of corruption to Washington DC, and it will soon be in full swing, and in a neighborhood near you.

Call my two Senators! Ya-right, that would be Mr. Dream Act himself Dirtbag Dick Durbin, and now Roland Burris (Obama’s illegal replacement). I don’t even have a Congressman right now. He is now Obama’s Chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel (Not that he was any better either). No - I am in a deep pit of corruption that is consumed with Democratic egos. Egos that just took the jump up to invincible with the Obama win. Example: For me there is only one Republican in the chain of command all the way to the White House. And he is local neighborhood, and so small that I don’t think I can trust him to get me the address where to pay my water bill. Republicans are “allowedâ€

In other words, let us come to this country and commit as many crimes as we want and don't bother us about it.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

MadInChicago:

It is bad everywhere, but we who know must keep educating those that don't know yet. It is working.... Some members have relocated out of California. I hope you will not have to move out of your state.

Have you studied NEW WORLD ORDER at all.

And tune in today to William's Americans Last Standing around 3:00 p.m. (There is usually a post in the discussion to find the link to the radio show.)

Hang in there. We care about YOU

I think Crazybird above is in your state. You are not along.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast