Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrant groups set to march in Houston on May 1

Immigrant groups set to march in Houston on May 1
    Joining other demonstrations nationwide, downtown rally will target legislation that would add border agents, require employers to verify workers’ status

SUSAN CARROLL

Immigrant advocates in Houston on Wednesday called for supporters of comprehensive immigration reform to join a May 1 march downtown as part of a larger, nationwide protest.

The Houston march is scheduled to coincide with protests, marches and rallies across the country, said Maria Jimenez, a longtime Houston activist, calling it a “national mobilization.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

* It is very expensive and time consuming to organize a march while it is easy for someone else there to make a visible counter presence in the press.

* A majority of Americans react to this sort of demonstration by the illegal aliens with a strong desire to have something done against them.

* However they are hesitant to go into the street against the illegals and do not know what else to do. This is a good time to recruit voters.

* That now this group of amnesty supporters has gone to the trouble of their financing and organizing a march which will draw press has saved our side a lot of trouble.

* What we need to do is have a small group of non violent committed activists "PR commandos" show up with signs for NumbersUSA and the local group in this case I guess Texans for Immigration Reform (TFIR) and target the press.

* AMERICAN VOTERS *
    Oppose this march ??
    Log onto NumbersUSA

Texans for Immigration Reform (TFIR)
    http://www.texansforimmigrationreform.com
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Immigrant Groups

Unfortunately, I will be out of town. I would love to attend the march and carry a sign saying "Illegal Immigration hurts Americans" or "This is America-Please speak English!".
    Anyone who goes should take cameras and video.

Especially in these tough economic times, the demands of illegal workers will not be well received by most middle class Americans. Of course, we will have Hillary and the Obamanation in full support, probably McCain too.

Notice that the marches are planned for a SCHOOL DAY. look for bus loads of school kids skipping class to "protest for immigrant rights". All the marches held on Saturday had little turnout. The kids are not interested unless they can get out of school.

Last year’s May 1 demonstration in Houston was significantly
    smaller, with about 100 protesters, though a protest days earlier brought
    closer to 1,000, Jimenez said.
    If I remember right, last years protest kind of fizzled on 'em, I think the
    turnout was closer to about 20 people. It was pretty hilarious. Of course
    the media played it up to look like there were a lot more. Which was even
    more hilarious. I expect there will probably be a larger turn out this year
    since the subject has become a lot more heated.

I'd love to come out as a counter-protester but I gotta work.

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

Pretty typical of the Chronicle.....The don't understand the difference between ILLEGAL and LEGAL.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Re: Immigrant Groups

Quote Originally Posted by Texan123
    Unfortunately, I will be out of town. I would love to attend the march and carry a sign saying "Illegal Immigration hurts Americans" or "This is America-Please speak English!".
    Anyone who goes should take cameras and video.

Especially in these tough economic times, the demands of illegal workers will not be well received by most middle class Americans. Of course, we will have Hillary and the Obamanation in full support, probably McCain too.

Notice that the marches are planned for a SCHOOL DAY. look for bus loads of school kids skipping class to "protest for immigrant rights". All the marches held on Saturday had little turnout. The kids are not interested unless they can get out of school.
    Maybe we will have a Mexican Flag or 2 run up school flag poles again? Tax payers might be ask to pay for Houston ISD school buses to pick up the kids that skipped school and make sure they get back home safely again this time.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas