Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

From immigrants to Arnold, Lopez has the answers

From immigrants to Arnold, Lopez has the answers
    By Cathalena E. Burch
    Arizona Daily Star
    Tucson, Arizona Published: 02.25.2007

PHOENIX — George Lopez has a message for George Bush and all those folks who want to ship the immigrants back home:
    "We ain't going nowhere," he told a soldout crowd of 5,000 at the Dodge Theater Friday night, on the eve of his first-ever HBO Comedy Special Saturday.

"They said that 700,000 people in Phoenix would be affected by immigration and have to back to Mexico. That ain't (expletive)," he said, setting the tone for the theme of "America's Mexican," the hourlong special that will repeat Tuesday. "That's seven quinceañeras and two weddings. (Expletive), we'll be back before the dollar dance."

Pacing the expansive stage in a dark suit and tie, the 45-year-old salt-and-pepper-haired comic laid down a plausible argument that immigrants, Hispanics among them, were vital to America's fabric and economy.

"This country will not exist without immigrant labor," he noted. "Man, I ain't gonna mop. You see an immigrant mopping, it's a career."

Lopez, who strolled on stage to War's song "Low Rider" moments after opening act Bryan Kellen, reasoned that Mexicans already have worked around most of America's answers to illegal immigration: Build a fence?
    The Mexicans dug tunnels. Put alligators in the border rivers? "Go ahead. In an hour, they'll be shoes and belts." Ship them home? To where? Mexico won't take them back, Lopez argued, and then reminded the audience that the immigration problem isn't just from Mexico.

Amid the belly laughs and nervous chuckles Friday night,a chorus of "oh yeahs" and "uh-huhs" filled the theater. Lopez was preaching to a choir that seemed to delight when he bashed President Bush's policies and took California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to task for his proposed English-only law.

"You know what? You don't speak English," he chided, as if he were speaking to the governor in person. "I've had uncles who were drunk who I can understand better than Arnold Schwarzenegger."

The bottom line, Lopez argued, is that America has changed. There is no going back.

"The America we used to know is gone. It doesn't exist anymore. You know who's running America?" he asked, then paused while mariachi music blared.

"That's who's running America."

"Everything you touch we touched first," he went on. "Taco Bell? The onions that went bad? Who do you think picked the onions from the field?
    "The tainted spinach? Same thing. You pay us $3 an hour. We're not going to wash it, too."

What those critics don't seem to understand is that immigration is imbedded in America.. Everyone came from somewhere else to pursue the dream of endless possibilities and potential.

"I had an aunt who told me I would end up on the streets," Lopez recalled and said the aunt was right. "I ended up in the street: the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

"That's why we came here. Anything can happen in this country. You can be whatever you want to be."

Does lopez really thinks this is funny material? He's digging himself a deep hole that even he won't be able to climb out of as far as i'm concerned.

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/170797

Who the hell does he think he is? First of all he's a lucky SOB, because frankly he's not a good comedian. Second, where do these pro illegals get off claiming that America would NOT survive without them. We were doing just fine before they invaded our sovereignty.

More than anything else the sheer arrogance from a bunch of cowards who would rather risk their lives fleeing their homeland and come here and huff, puff and act so tough than to fight for rights in their homelands just ticks me off.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

IF the US ever became ALL that they envision (messico2) THEY wouldn't want to live here anymore. After all the handouts had stopped and there were no longer any gringo companies to hire them, after they had succeeded in turning this into another backwoods, third world, corrupt cesspool. THEY WOULDN'T WANT IT. Then they'd be eyeballin Canada. Joke on funny man Lopez. It's easy for you to joke about this crap and stir up your people. YOU don't have to live with their crap. I'd bet you a burrito it wasn't hispanic pesos that got you where you are today.

Who cleans his floor or the theater he performs at?
    Just another hollywood big mouth who needs a limo to carry his huge ego.

Will he donate the $$$$ from his HBO special to help Mexicans ?

Talk about Racist................
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"We ain't going nowhere,"
    We? Are you an illegal Lopez? Sounds like a threat to me. Make no mistake. All illegals WILL GO HOME!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by JadedBaztard
    IF the US ever became ALL that they envision (messico2) THEY wouldn't want to live here anymore. After all the handouts had stopped and there were no longer any gringo companies to hire them, after they had succeeded in turning this into another backwoods, third world, corrupt cesspool. THEY WOULDN'T WANT IT. Then they'd be eyeballin Canada. Joke on funny man Lopez. It's easy for you to joke about this crap and stir up your people. YOU don't have to live with their crap. I'd bet you a burrito it wasn't hispanic pesos that got you where you are today.
    If they get their way, that is exactly what is going to happen to this country. It will become a replica of Messyco and all its corrupt, overpopulated, 3rd world glory. They talk crap based on the premise that we the taxpayers have nowhere else to live and thus, no choice but to foot their bills and put up with this invasion because our government rolled out the welcome mat.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

ncm

"The America we used to know is gone. It doesn't exist anymore. You know who's running America?" he asked, then paused while mariachi music blared.
    He's right, our America is gone, Mexico is turning us into a cesspool just like they did Mexico. Mexicos culture has been planted deep into the fibers of our country. They're proud of what they have to offer: racism, crime, gangs, drugs, kidnapping, rape, unwed mothers, ignorance, violence and lawlessness.

"Everything you touch we touched first," he went on. "Taco Bell? The onions that went bad? Who do you think picked the onions from the field?
    "The tainted spinach? Same thing. You pay us $3 an hour. We're not going to wash it, too."
    He's boasting of this? They're also the FIRST and LAST to touch everything in Mexico.....l@@k what happened to it!
    Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it!

A finger points at the moon, the fool stares at the finger.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    The George Lopez show and others are examples of the moguls' mantra of using demographics in the industries of television. When television and film used to provide a common experience and language there was a sense of unity in this country. Now that is gone and has been replaced with this kind of segmentary crap under the pretense that is of social significance. Lopez is truly disgusting and should perform in a back room alley somewhere.

Since he's so concerned about the illegals, why don't he and all the other latino entertainers do some protesting about the conditions in their "home" country?? They're all so quick to take money, how about putting some into making changes BACK at home?? This kind of crap just makes me sick!!

ncm wrote
    He's right, our America is gone, Mexico is turning us into a cesspool just like they did Mexico.
    Correction: our President is turning us into a cesspool just like Mexico's government turned Mexico into a cesspool.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast