Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Which immigrants should be welcomed to the United States

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    LEGAL IMMIGRANTS

1. They applied for Visas
    2. They waited until they were eligible
    3. They learned to speak English
    4. They learned about American History
    5. They had someone here sponsoring them
    6. They had jobs lined up and waiting for them
    7. They respected the laws of the U.S.A.
    8. They respected the American way of life
    9. They were thankful for the chance to become an American.
    What the above definition means is those that enter under the "diversity visa" category are not true immigrants, since nobody sponsors them and they don't have jobs lined up. This is one immigrant category that needs to be eliminated.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Which immigrants should be welcomed to the United States

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    LEGAL IMMIGRANTS

1. They applied for Visas
    5. They had someone here sponsoring them
    6. They had jobs lined up and waiting for them
    What the above definition means is those that enter under the "diversity visa" category are not true immigrants, since nobody sponsors them and they don't have jobs lined up. This is one immigrant category that needs to be eliminated.
    The following would apply:
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    AirborneSapper7 wrote:

There is no doubt that Legal Immigrants add to the country, but that is technically what the H-1Bs are if I am not mistaken... am I wrong?[/b]

You are wrong, H-1b's are technically temporary workers, not permanent resident aliens. I think about half of H-1bs end up adjusting to permanent resident status thus making them immigrants, but that is under another category, not the H-1b category.
    Thanks for the correction
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great article zeezil Sending copies of it out e-mail.

Politics has been said to be the second oldest profession. I believe it bears a close resemblance to the first.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

WE DONT REALLY NEED MORE IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY. OF COURSE IF WE DO LET SOME IMMIGRANTS IN THEY SHOULD BE THE ONES THAT APPLIED LEGALLY. IF THEY HAVE AN ATTITUDE...FORGET IT.

BUT I DONT THINK WE SHOULD LET IN ANY MORE IMMIGRANTS UNLESS EACH AMERICAN IS GAINFULLY EMPLOYED....GAINFULLY.

IMMIGRANT WORKERS SHOULD NOT BE DISPLACING AMERICAN WORKERS. IMMIGRANT STUDENTS SHOULD NOT BE DISPLACING AMERICAN STUDENTS. AMERICANS FIRST, THEN WE CAN SEE IF WE NEED IMMIGRANTS.

I DONT NECESSARILY AGREE THAT IMMIGRANTS ARE AN ASSET TO OUR COUNTRY. THEY ARE JUST PEOPLE. WE HAVE PLENTY OF PEOPLE.

Politics has been said to be the second oldest profession. I believe it bears a close resemblance to the first.
    STOP INSULTING THE OLDEST PROFESSION....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    BUT I DONT THINK WE SHOULD LET IN ANY MORE IMMIGRANTS UNLESS EACH AMERICAN IS GAINFULLY EMPLOYED....GAINFULLY.

IMMIGRANT WORKERS SHOULD NOT BE DISPLACING AMERICAN WORKERS. IMMIGRANT STUDENTS SHOULD NOT BE DISPLACING AMERICAN STUDENTS. AMERICANS FIRST, THEN WE CAN SEE IF WE NEED IMMIGRANTS.
    I agree with this.

I DONT NECESSARILY AGREE THAT IMMIGRANTS ARE AN ASSET TO OUR COUNTRY. THEY ARE JUST PEOPLE. WE HAVE PLENTY OF PEOPLE.
    I disagree with this, there are a few exceptional foreigners we should let in. For example Albert Einstein was an immigrant. So were the guys that started e-bay and Google.

I disagree with this, there are a few exceptional foreigners we should let in. For example Albert Einstein was an immigrant. So were the guys that started e-bay and Google.
    I DONT THINK WE SHOULD LET IMMIGRANTS INTO THE COUNTRY BASED ON THIS. HOW MANY DO WE HAVE TO LET IN BEFORE WE GET AN ALBERT EINSTEIN? THERE ARE JUST AS MANY EXCEPTIONAL AMERICANS AS FOREIGNERS. IN GENERAL IMMIGRANTS ARE JUST PEOPLE LIKE THE PEOPLE THAT ARE ALREADY HERE AND WE DONT NEED MORE.

I don't have anything againt legal immigration but I believe we need to have a moritorium on all immigration until we get this mess cleared up.

I do worry about over population and because of that we need a strict plan so we know who is here and how many.

Where I live the roads are clogged with traffic,we are very short on water and on year around restrictions.For me it is a quality of life issue.If we are not carefull we may pass a point of no return and loose our beautiful country with its wide open spaces.

Where then will we grow our food ? Everyday hundreds of acres of farm land are being paved over.Remember the song "They Paved Paradise and Turned It Into A Parking Lot" ?
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, my hubby is very exceptional!

THERE ARE JUST AS MANY EXCEPTIONAL AMERICANS AS FOREIGNERS. IN GENERAL IMMIGRANTS ARE JUST PEOPLE LIKE THE PEOPLE THAT ARE ALREADY HERE AND WE DONT NEED MORE.
    I was under the impression ALIPAC stood for Americans for Legal immigration. It is beginning to appear it stands for NO IMMIGRATION. I am sorry, but I strongly disagree with no immigration. I happen to adore my husband and he supports me in more ways than my first husband (a voting American who thinks Bush walks on water) ever dreamed of supporting me. Maybe I am getting a little touchy here, it is late, but I have to let y'all know that it really ticks me off when on one hand you are complaining Illegals ignored our laws and on the other hand you are condemning those that followed our laws also. I am beginning to think some of you would not be happy no matter what.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast