Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I was under the impression ALIPAC stood for Americans for Legal immigration. It is beginning to appear it stands for NO IMMIGRATION. I am sorry, but I strongly disagree with no immigration. I happen to adore my husband and he supports me in more ways than my first husband (a voting American who thinks Bush walks on water) ever dreamed of supporting me. Maybe I am getting a little touchy here, it is late, but I have to let y'all know that it really ticks me off when on one hand you are complaining Illegals ignored our laws and on the other hand you are condemning those that followed our laws also. I am beginning to think some of you would not be happy no matter what.
    NO ONE IS CONDEMNING ANYONE. AND I AM NOT FOR NO IMMIGRATION. BUT IMMIGRATION SHOULD BE BASED ON THE NEED OF THE HOST COUNTRY. AND AT THIS POINT WE HAVE NO NEED FOR MORE IMMIGRANTS. WE HAVE SO MANY IMMIGRANTS HERE NOW THAT WE ARE FLOODED. WHAT DO WE NEED MORE FOR? I AM NOT AGAINST LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. BUT WE HAVE ENOUGH AND I BELIEVE WE SHOULD HAVE A MORATORIUM ON IMMIGRATION SO AMERICA HAS A CHANCE TO ABSORB THE RECENT ONSLAUGHT. HOW IS THAT A CONDEMNATION OF LEGAL IMMIGRANTS?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe I am getting a little touchy here, it is late, but I have to let y'all know that it really ticks me off when on one hand you are complaining Illegals ignored our laws and on the other hand you are condemning those that followed our laws also. I am beginning to think some of you would not be happy no matter what.
    AND IT REALLY TICKS ME OFF WHEN SOMEONE STARTS PLAYING WORD GAMES WITH ME BECAUSE I DONT AGREE WITH THEM. IMMIGRATION CONTROL EXISTS FOR A GOOD REASON. IT IS IMMIGRATION CONTROL....NOT CONDEMNATION OF LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. JUST BECAUSE I SUPPORT LEGAL IMMIGRATION DOES NOT MEAN I SUPPORT UNCONTROLLED LEGAL IMMIGRATION
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey folks, yes - I believe that Cayla99 is justified in making her point.

I know several foreign-born individuals (including a sister-in-law, a good friend, and a 'significant other', +others) and all are terrific people. I also believe that legal immigrants when allowed in under accordance with our laws (and, indirectly, our needs) are a benefit to the country. Of course, even a good thing in excessive quantities can present other problems. I do understand that there is deep anger and frustration by many folks, and that many of these same people have suffered - some directly, some indirectly - by the infusion of large numbers of foreign-born persons (some of which are illegal, others being legal). It does affect Americans and their quality of life.... somewhere, somehow.

Anyway, I believe that people that do come here the 'right way' (legally) do deserve better treatment and respect by we who have invited them in.
    Now, at the same time, it is possible to have a rational conversation about who we let in (with which skills, what education level, how large of a family, etc) under which circumstances, and why. Those are legitimate questions to ask. All other nations use similar criteria in forming their own immigration/naturalization policies.

So, in short, I understand there may be differences of opinion in this area - but please do this Mod a big favor, and keep the dialog civil. Many thanks in advance.

The millions of illegal aliens flooding across our borders has almost killed how Americans look at immigration. Everyone needs to sit back, relax and realize how legal immigrants have enriched this nation in lots of ways. I will use my wife and daughter, as examples, who are legal immigrants from the Philippines. Both could speak English fluently before they came here. My wife can speak 5 languages, my 5 year old daughter can speak 3. My wife has 4 years of collegeand worked as a buyer/purchaser for 15 years before she came here. Yet when she got here, it was on a K-3 immigrant visa, a visa for a spouse. that means she can't get a job, legally. She has been here going on 3 years now and still retains the same status but has put in the paperwork to get it changed. It is a long tedious process, takes a lot of money and a lot of time. But my wife has been planning on becoming an American for a long time and that is why she has sacrificed, and learned our language because ot her dream to become an American citizen. And I will bet that if any of you ever visit my daughters kindergarten classroom, you will have major problems identifying her from the other American kids because she speaks the language just as good if not better than the others. In fact my daughter is probably the smartest American kid in her class.Immigrants like these, and I know 100's of them, are a great benefit to this nation because their dream is to become Americans and not to come here and take what is not theirs. No legal immigrant can come here and get any kind of free services, no welfare, no food stamps, no subsidized housing, no free school. Nothing free for them. They have to show that once they get here, that they are fully self sufficient. And when they get here they continue to follow the letter of the law in every way.

Immigration has gone pretty much unchecked for too long. Sure some are assets to our society but I agree for now we need to put a stop to immigration and let the ones here "assimilate", and weed out the illegal ones. Immigration at the present levels along with illegals are going to be the death of our culture and nation. We need to be more like Austrailia.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

Legally world wide there are only 50000 Legal immigrants allowed per year. That is an average of only 1000 per state. These immigrants are divided up so only a handful can come from any individual country. This was set up to protect our Language and culture and to allow them to assimilate. What has gotten way out of control is that we are being over-run by ILLEGAL immigrants. Those who want to ban all legal immigration are basically stating that the ONLY way you can come to this country is ILLEGALLY. Think about it. We are a proud country of LEGAL immigrants. There is not one person on this site who did not have an ancestor immigrate to the US
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    I VOTE choice "C" NONE OF THE ABOVE

its time to slow immigration down for a few years.
    I strongly disagree with you James, sorry. I do think LEGAL immigrants add to our nation.
    but until we know whos here. even legal immigrants could be terrorists
    especially the way this administration is running things

Let me see!! OK I go with moratorium until we have immigration under control and demand for workers brings wages back up.

Then I say limited, even and fair amount from most country's. that way we stay diverse..

When Hispanic's are 70 % of the students in schools k-12 and colleges in calif. and most southwest states, that use to be Black or white this is not looking very diverse, and needs to be stopped they went from one extreme to another.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Then I say limited, even and fair amount from most country's. that way we stay diverse..

THIS IS A VERY GOOD POINT. LATER WHEN THIS MESS IS CLEANED UP AND WE DECIDE TO START LETTING IMMIGRANTS IN AGAIN, IT IS IMPORTANT TO ESTABLISH A QUOTA FROM EACH COUNTRY OR REGION. GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE. AND ONLY ADMIT THE NECESSARY NUMBER OF IMMIGRANTS. AT TIMES WHEN WE DONT NEED MORE IMMIGRANTS, THERE SHOULD BE A BREAK FOR AWHILE. WE SHOULD NOT BE LETTING IN IMMIGRANTS BASED ON THEIR NEEDS. IMMIGRATION SHOULD BE BASED ON THE NEEDS OF OUR COUNTRY....THE WHOLE COUNTRY, NOT JUST BIG BUSINESS.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353

THIS IS A VERY GOOD POINT. LATER WHEN THIS MESS IS CLEANED UP AND WE DECIDE TO START LETTING IMMIGRANTS IN AGAIN, IT IS IMPORTANT TO ESTABLISH A QUOTA FROM EACH COUNTRY OR REGION. GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE. AND ONLY ADMIT THE NECESSARY NUMBER OF IMMIGRANTS. AT TIMES WHEN WE DONT NEED MORE IMMIGRANTS, THERE SHOULD BE A BREAK FOR AWHILE. WE SHOULD NOT BE LETTING IN IMMIGRANTS BASED ON THEIR NEEDS. IMMIGRATION SHOULD BE BASED ON THE NEEDS OF OUR COUNTRY....THE WHOLE COUNTRY, NOT JUST BIG BUSINESS.
    We already have quotas that are broken down to only a few hundred per nation per year. Our system is set up to make sure we are not run over by immigrants. The problem is they never take into account those who are here illegally from these countries. ie Ireland can get 256 visas per year, but it is estimated that we get between 500-1000 per year illegally. so instead of the modest 256 we are getting between 756 and 1256 Irish in a year. If we simply ENFORCED THE LAWS we have on our books now, immigration would not even be a minor problem. I am sure the same stats basically hold true for all European countries. I am willing to bet everything I own that other countries have a much higher number of those illegally entering ours.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast