Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

immigration and child custody

I'm new to this site. I've been searching all week long on the internet for answers to a situation that a family member of mine has found himself in. It has opened a can of worms and neadless to sad has left the whole family sad and angry. Sad, because we love our country. We are U.S. citizens. Angry because after several family members laying their lives on the line in active duty military and positive service in the community by all family members, it appears to mean nothing when an illegal immigrant can get away with so much. We are left wondering, where is the accountability and the consequences. Where is an American to turn to for help when government agencies are so understaffed and underfunded?

The problem in a nutshell....Brother had a baby, here in the States, out of wedlock, with an illegal woman from Mexico. She has stolen the identity of an American citizen so that she can work odd end jobs, cashes checks in fraudulant name, drives without registration, insurance, or license and makes repeated threats to take the baby to Mexico. My brother served in the Marines, is a law abiding citizen and works for the city and yet SHE has obtained custody of the child! How can this be? Now we don't know where the child is and law enforcement is just sitting on their hands.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Aunt, welcome!

All we can tell you is to seek legal advice from an expert.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

MW
    The ladies child is a U.S. citizen (unfortunately). Assuming she is still in the United States, she should be traceable through the baby (WIC, food stamps, medical for the baby, etc.). My question is, why didn't you have her deported and request your son be given custody since the child is a U.S. citizen?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome Aunt.

I'm afraid this is going to be a new heartache for way too many people. This is where a persons kind heart, limitless compassion and understanding is going to blow-up big time in their faces. Nothing having to do with this illegal immigration makes a lick of sense.

I agree with the above......get legal advice. She may have custody but surely your
    Brother is supposed to have visitation rights. I would hope there's an avenue even if it was with missing children or a means through social services to try and track them down.

I hope more start speaking out about this because this is definately an intolerable situation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: immigration and child custody

Quote Originally Posted by aunt
    I'm new to this site. I've been searching all week long on the internet for answers to a situation that a family member of mine has found himself in. It has opened a can of worms and neadless to sad has left the whole family sad and angry. Sad, because we love our country. We are U.S. citizens. Angry because after several family members laying their lives on the line in active duty military and positive service in the community by all family members, it appears to mean nothing when an illegal immigrant can get away with so much. We are left wondering, where is the accountability and the consequences. Where is an American to turn to for help when government agencies are so understaffed and underfunded?

The problem in a nutshell....Brother had a baby, here in the States, out of wedlock, with an illegal woman from Mexico. She has stolen the identity of an American citizen so that she can work odd end jobs, cashes checks in fraudulant name, drives without registration, insurance, or license and makes repeated threats to take the baby to Mexico. My brother served in the Marines, is a law abiding citizen and works for the city and yet SHE has obtained custody of the child! How can this be? Now we don't know where the child is and law enforcement is just sitting on their hands.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

According to all the things you say she has done, "she is a criminal"
    get some proves of things she does, find out where she is, and report her. Also you you send this post to president Bush, all Congressmen, Senators, and Governors.

American guys who marry these illegal women are running into a lot of trouble. These women are marrying these guys just to get the papers, not for love, and when they get the papers they look for excuses to fight, and end up accusing these guys of domestic abuse.

aunt,

We have some resources listed here:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... age&pid=19

There's help with contacting immigration and law enforcement authorities.

Is your brother in the states or overseas? Actually, either way he should be able to contact his base legal office and they should be able to offer some legal advice to him for free.

Good Luck!