Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration rally at furniture store gets heated

Immigration rally at furniture store gets heated
    Reported by: Corey Rangel
    Email: crangel@abc15.com
    Last Update: 10:45 am

Click the play button on the video window to the right to see the story

An immigration rights rally got heated as protestors yelled at Sheriff Joe Arpaio in East Phoenix on Saturday.

A group took to the streets to protest against the owner of Pruitt’s furniture on Thomas Road near 32nd Street.

The group is upset because the owner, Roger Sensing, turned to the Sheriff’s office to crackdown on day laborers that hung around the area.

The group plans to protest every week until Christmas.

Deputies ended up arresting a man who got out of his car and stopped traffic to confront the protestors.

Copyright 2007 The E.W. Scripps Co. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    Save/Share Story
    digg reddit
    newsvine Google
    del.icio.us Yahoo!

http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.a ... 794cc1db97
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting video. Sheriff Joe said the protesters expected 2 to 3000, but only around 20 showed. The sheriff said if anything he's going to step up his enforcement in this area.

If I lived there I would go buy some furniture.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

Go Joe Go

This is First time I thought I seen Joe with a fire arm???
    America can take a lesson for sheriffs like Joe.

I'm surprised Sheriff Joe didn't run them in for protesting without a permit. The business owner will shortly be having them arrested for interferring with his business if they persist. I say it's time for that new lamp, table, or chair! If the guy is smart he will advertise a huge deep discount sale and flood his lot with shoppers! There are tons of folks who will brave a few protesters to get a real bargain!

That lady, Irene Chavez screaming about Arpaio not dealing with the "warrants on his desk" for "people that have actually committed the big crimes". Let me see, could those warrants be for illegal aliens that gave false ID and fled when they were bonded out and before Arpaio got tough on illegal aliens and had laws to back him up.

Is it just me or was Irene looking a little "code pink"?

Well, Sheriff Joe has sloved his warrant problem, he has ended Catch and Release and now he doesn't have to chase them down, he just keeps them and deports them instead.

Pinky Chavez doesn't even know when the Sheriff is doing a better job than she expects. Some people just complain about anything.

We love you Sheriff Joe!!!!!!!

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    I say it's time for that new lamp, table, or chair! If the guy is smart he will advertise a huge deep discount sale and flood his lot with shoppers! There are tons of folks who will brave a few protesters to get a real bargain!
    Hmm...
    Is there a website for the business? Maybe we could show support that way if there is. (yes, I'm on my way to search for one)

As to Joe, an exceptional hero (I know, it sounds redundant, but it's not... with all the firemen, deployed military, etc... we do have heroes), and just in time.

There is a site, but no internet sales. I really didn't expect there to be an email showing with the current strife, but I was hoping to be able to buy at least a little something.
    I don't care who you are, how you got here, what color you are, what language/dialect you speak... If you didn't get here legally then you don't belong here. Period.

Once again; I wish we could clone Sheriff Joe!!!!

Since the early 1950's, M.D. Pruitt's has been a family run business that prides itself in offering the absolute lowest prices on quality, name brand home furnishings. Through this philosophy, we've grown from a small garage operation
    to a 100,000 square foot home furnishings superstore.

What sets us apart from the competition is our guaranteed lowest prices on quality name brands.
    With our everyday low prices, you never have to wait for a sale! And unlike many other stores,
    M.D. Pruitt's has over 4 million dollars of inventory in stock for immediate delivery.
    This way, you can enjoy your furniture right away.

We have over 4 million dollars of inventory in stock for immediate delivery!

3425 E. Thomas Rd.
    Phoenix, AZ 85018

M-F 10AM - 9PM • SAT 9AM - 6PM • SUN 11AM - 5PM

Can not find an email address

The latest chapter:

http://www.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=632255

Immigrants' Rally Again Outside Pruitt's
    October 29th, 2007 @ 6:24am
    by Jon Zimney/KTAR

Immigrants' rights activists plan to protest outside a Phoenix furniture store every week until Christmas.

About 100 people gathered in front of Pruitt's on East Thomas road Saturday, angry that the owner called Sheriff Joe Arpaio earlier this month and asked him to crack down on day laborers who hang around the area. Police arrested one man who tried to confront the protesters, but Pruitt's Mike Sensing said it was a peaceful demonstraton.

``Quite a few people came in and said, `Hey, we would have liked to come out here and counter-protested, but we heard you guys asked us not to. We just wanted to be heard and given you our support and tell you we are with you,'" Sensing said.

He added, ``It was just a real great day. My family stood by the front door and greeted people, and we really had a great outpouring from the community."

The immigrants' rights activists claim action against day laborers violates their rights.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Kudos to the good people who supported the owners of Pruitts!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast