Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"protestors said they are supporting the right of undocumented immigrants to find work"

You see, that's the problem. They have no legal right to work in this country.

Why don't you get this very simple concept.

"They came here not because it was fun to risk their life and come across the desert," Fleischman said. "They came here because they had no choice."
    No choice?
    Are other countries now forcing people to come to America and send home remittances?
    Is it not a choice to take the easier road and commit illegal acts instead of fighting (politically speaking, of course, not physically speaking) to improve the home that they leave their dependents in?
    Is it not a choice to side step all proper protocol?

They have no choice like I have no choice but to run a red light to get to the store a little bit faster.
    I don't care who you are, how you got here, what color you are, what language/dialect you speak... If you didn't get here legally then you don't belong here. Period.

Has anyone spoken to the owner of Pruitt's to see how business is going? Hopefully so many people have heard this story that they are going out of their way to shop at his store.

It would be nice to hear more from Pruitt's side!

TexasGal

Arpaio said the immigrants are playing the age card because they have nothing else. He said it's fun to go after illegal immigrants and perform his other duties as sheriff.

"But, you know what? I love it when they pick on me because I'm getting to them, right? I'm getting to them," Arpaio said. "You don't go after the sheriff, because I'm going to keep doing my job and it's a lot of fun. You can tell them that."
    I love Sheriff Joe, but he needs to be careful about comments like these. He needs to maintain his professionalism. I don't want him to lose his credibility.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGal
    Has anyone spoken to the owner of Pruitt's to see how business is going? Hopefully so many people have heard this story that they are going out of their way to shop at his store.

TexasGal
    The store reports biz is 40% off and they may have to layoff employes
    some hispanic.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The REAL problem in this story is the citizens of Phoenix. They are apparently sitting idly by and watching the Sensing's livelihood be destroyed. Two hundred counter-protesters could quash this uprising but unless the women of Phoenix step up it looks like the protesters will win out. All the men in Phoenix must be in Iraq or Afganistan except Sheriff Joe's officers.

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGal

TexasGal
    The store reports biz is 40% off and they may have to layoff employes
    some hispanic.

I am going to contact Pruitt's and give them some encouragement by reminding them that most likely business is down because of economic concerns and has nothing at all to do with the protests.

My family is certainly not alone is cutting back on spending because of the economy and with the holidays coming up we are putting off other purchases until afterwards. I know we aren't alone in that area either.

Quite honestly, as more and more comes out about this story, the more and more there seems to be something else behind this that has little, if anything to do with day laborer issues.

The furniture store is not, and was not, the only business, who demanded something be done about the day laborer issue and has been taking steps to try and protect their businesses yet it is the store being specifically targeted and the Sensings, it appears, were singled out some two years ago. It also seems that the goal is to purposely drive them out.

Why?

If I were the Sensings I think I would be looking beyond surface appearances. It is quite possible that there is a developer lurking somewhere in the background.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That lady, Irene Chavez screaming about Arpaio not dealing with the "warrants on his desk" for "people that have actually committed the big crimes". Let me see, could those warrants be for illegal aliens that gave false ID and fled when they were bonded out and before Arpaio got tough on illegal aliens and had laws to back him up.
    It amazes me when Americans of Mexican descent coveth illegal aliens because they share a race. To make a statement that justifies criminal behavior by measuring the size of the crime is just mind boggling. Crime is crime by any measure. It explains why Mexico is a lawless, corrupt cesspool.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    That lady, Irene Chavez screaming about Arpaio not dealing with the "warrants on his desk" for "people that have actually committed the big crimes". Let me see, could those warrants be for illegal aliens that gave false ID and fled when they were bonded out and before Arpaio got tough on illegal aliens and had laws to back him up.
    It amazes me when Americans of Mexican descent coveth illegal aliens because they share a race. To make a statement that justifies criminal behavior by measuring the size of the crime is just mind boggling. Crime is crime by any measure. It explains why Mexico is a lawless, corrupt cesspool.

Fortunately, they seem to be the exception rather than the rule. I've met very few Americans of Mexican descent.....and fewer still legal entrants from Mexico.....who support illegals or what they have done to this country. They find it very much a disgrace.

Lots of comments are being left after this article.
    ~~
    Pruitt's Owners Says Protests Affecting Bottom Line
    November 14th, 2007 @ 4:29am
    by Hanna Scott/KTAR

For several weekends now, protesters have been gathering outside the Pruitt's furniture store in central Phoenix and it's hitting the store where it hurts.

Immigrant rights activists are targeting the store near 36th Street and Thomas. They gather shouting "Don't buy racism" at customers.

Owner Mike Sensing says it's causing him to lose money. "Probably put us out 15 to 20 percent."

"Overall, I think I've got about $176,000 in sales I've lost because of this."

Sensing says he stands to lose another $400,000 through the holiday season -- his busiest time of the year -- with no resolution in sight.

Sensing says they've lined the store's delivery trucks up in front of the parking lot in an effort to shield customers from the protesters.

"I don't now that we could sit down and negotiate or do anything else. We just have to wait until the city steps in and do something, I think."

Both sides claim the other renigged on a deal worked out by the mayor's office last year about where day laborers are allowed to gather.

But, Sensing calls the whole thing ridiculous especially when it's affecting his bottom line. "We need to see the mayor step in and at least stand up for us. We are being called racist for crying out loud."

http://ktar.com/index.php?nid=6&sid=646215
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast