Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ingraham: ‘America That We Know and Love Doesn’t Exist Anymore’ in Some Parts of the

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judd Apatow Wants Laura Ingraham Blacklisted

Phil McCarten/Invision/AP, File10 Aug 20183,238Director Judd Apatow called for Fox News’s Laura Ingraham to be blacklisted Thursday night.

In a tweet from his verified account, and even though Laura Ingraham strongly disavowed white nationalism and racism, Apatow wrote, “She is a liar. We know what she believes. She was very clear. Boycott her sponsors.”
    Judd Apatow

@JuddApatow

She is a liar. We know what she believes. She was very clear. Boycott her sponsors.

Mediaite

@Mediaite

Laura Ingraham Disavows White Nationalists, ‘Racist Freak’ Amid Controversy, Praises ‘Merit Based Immigration’ http://mediaite.com/a/hermf

12:54 AM - Aug 10, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Obviously, a sponsor boycott would blacklist Ingraham, would remove her from her speech platform, and from her job and position at Fox News.

The faux-controversy surrounds comments Ingraham made about immigration on her Wednesday night show.

Because in some parts of the country, it does seem like the America that we know and love doesn’t exist anymore. Massive demographic changes have been foisted on the American people and they’re changes that none of us ever voted for and most of us don’t like. From Virginia to California, we see stark examples of how radically in some ways the country has changed. Now, much of this is related to both illegal and in some cases legal immigration that of course progressives love.

Although, during that same monologue, she said outright that her comments have nothing to do with race or ethnicity, that she was speaking only about the rule of law and how the flaunting of the rule of law is damaging “what was once a common understanding by both parties that American citizenship is a privilege, and one that at a minimum requires respect for the rule of law and loyalty to our constitution,” she was, predictably, still smeared by the left and the establishment media as a racist.

On Thursday night’s show, she re-emphasized her point:

A message to those who are distorting my views, including all white nationalists and especially one racist freak whose name I won’t even mention. You do not have my support. You don’t represent my views and you are antithetical to the beliefs I hold dear.

Despite what some may be contending, I made explicitly clear that my commentary had nothing to do with race or ethnicity. But rather a shared goal of keeping America safe and her citizens safe and prosperous. Furthermore, as I have said repeatedly on the show, merit-based immigration does wonders for our country’s economy, our way of life, and how we define our country. I even said that in my opening thoughts last night.”
    I want to make it really clear that my concern will continue to remain with the families who have suffered the tragic result of illegal immigration. The children put in dangerous and unfair situations at the border and all those border agents around the country who work to keep our country safe.
    Nevertheless, in order to seek a cynical opening against an independent-thinking woman who dares hold opinions contrary to his own, a woman who adopted a three-year-old orphan from Guatemala in 2008, Apatow is still calling for Ingraham to be blacklisted.
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...m-blacklisted/
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

Nicolle Wallace: Republicans Should Boycott Laura Ingraham's Program For Embracing A Racist Ideology

Posted By Ian Schwartz
    On Date August 10, 2018

MSNBC: The Weekly Standard’s Charlie Sykes, former federal prosecutor Paul Butler, AP’s Jonathan Lemire, and NYT’s Nick Confessore on calling out a Fox News host’s racist remarks about immigration.

"She is articulating the dominant ideology of this administration," Skyes said.

MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace called for a boycott of Ingraham's FOX News show.

"You know what needs to happen? A Republican with a body part I won't say should find a body part I will say, a spine, and call on all Republicans to boycott Laura Ingraham's program until she apologizes for articulating and embracing a racist ideology like disparaging legal immigration," Wallace said.

"That is a bridge I have never heard championed by Republicans," she said. "John McCain as a candidate attacked one of his own supporters for calling Barack Obama a Muslim."

Wallace was a senior advisor for McCain's 2008 presidential campaign. She previous served as White House Communications Director for President George W. Bush.

Wallace said good Republicans used to celebrate legal immigrants and illegal immigrants. She lamented that former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush was run out of the 2016 Republican presidential primary for calling illegal immigration "an act of love."

FLASHBACK: Trump to Jeb Bush: Not "An Act Of Love" When Illegal Immigrants Rape and Murder

"I agree it is a recessive gene in the Republican party but the Republican party's good leaders, the ones who won elections, they celebrated legal immigrants and illegal immigrants to this country. Jeb Bush was run out of the GOP primary for saying illegal immigration was an act of love. Now you've got one of the prime hosts at another network (FOX News) articulating something cheered on by David Duke. What's happening?" an incredulous Wallace asked.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._ideology.html

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post

Wallace said good Republicans used to celebrate legal immigrants and illegal immigrants.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post

"I agree it is a recessive gene in the Republican party but the Republican party's good leaders, the ones who won elections, they celebrated legal immigrants and illegal immigrants to this country. Jeb Bush was run out of the GOP primary for saying illegal immigration was an act of love. Now you've got one of the prime hosts at another network (FOX News) articulating something cheered on by David Duke. What's happening?" an incredulous Wallace asked.

First she says----- the Republican party's good leaders, the ones who won elections, they celebrated legal immigrants and illegal immigrants to this country.

Next sentence---
    Jeb Bush was run out of the GOP primary for saying illegal immigration was an act of love.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Laura should have confined her remarks to stopping illegal immigration, deporting illegal aliens and reducing legal immigration.
    You missed her point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Ingraham
    “Because in some parts of the country, it does seem like the America that we know and love doesn’t exist anymore,” she explained. “Massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people and they’re changes that none of us ever voted for and most of us don’t like.
    When a community becomes centered around a specific culture, going there is like going to another country. Most immigrants meld into our society and become part of it. But others cluster together to create the country they came from in this country. AND THAT IS NOT THE DOING OF ILLEGAL ALIENS!

I had a friend who was Mexican. I first knew him as a parts salesman. Later he created his own parts business. Having dealt with him for several years, I never knew he was Mexican. His name would give it away. But nothing about him was that way. He complained that Mexican customers would come into his store and assume he spoke Spanish. He had a Chinese wife three kids, all very American.

That is not the type person you see carrying a Mexican Flag saying California should be given back to Mexico. And that is the big difference I see Laura pointing to. It's where their loyalties are, here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    People might also ask why did Laura bring 3 foreign children into the United States with state department issued citizenship "privilege" through the adoption process and "foist" them on the US.
    Yes, there are people like you who would look at them as foreigners coming here to welsh off of American generosity. Do you think the Laura is raising the Guatemalan girl as a Guatemalan? Do you think she is raising the two boys to be sleeper Russian spies? Is she using them to soak the welfare system? I don't think so. She will most likely raise them to be Americans! People have been adopting from countries around the world as long as I can remember. But they raise those children as Americans, whatever that is. Laura will most likely raise these children as Catholics, since that is what she believes. I am not religious, but I would prefer that to Muslim. My bias!

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    You missed her point:When a community becomes centered around a specific culture, going there is like going to another country. Most immigrants meld into our society and become part of it. But others cluster together to create the country they came from in this country. AND THAT IS NOT THE DOING OF ILLEGAL ALIENS!

I had a friend who was Mexican. I first knew him as a parts salesman. Later he created his own parts business. Having dealt with him for several years, I never knew he was Mexican. His name would give it away. But nothing about him was that way. He complained that Mexican customers would come into his store and assume he spoke Spanish. He had a Chinese wife three kids, all very American.

That is not the type person you see carrying a Mexican Flag saying California should be given back to Mexico. And that is the big difference I see Laura pointing to. It's where their loyalties are, here or there.

Yes, there are people like you who would look at them as foreigners coming here to welsh off of American generosity. Do you think the Laura is raising the Guatemalan girl as a Guatemalan? Do you think she is raising the two boys to be sleeper Russian spies? Is she using them to soak the welfare system? I don't think so. She will most likely raise them to be Americans! People have been adopting from countries around the world as long as I can remember. But they raise those children as Americans, whatever that is. Laura will most likely raise these children as Catholics, since that is what she believes. I am not religious, but I would prefer that to Muslim. My bias!
    What was your point? That you like Laura don't know that "demographic changes" includes "race and ethnicity"? They do. For Laura to claim on the one hand it's not about "race and ethnicity" and in the same statement declare "demographic changes" are destroying "the America we know and love" .... was "ignorant" in my opinion, a mistake I hope she learns from and doesn't repeat.

And I am fully aware of your "bias".

If we all confine our "bias" to legal versus illegal and needed legal to excess legal, it will improve the dialogue and perhaps the result. Just a suggestion.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What was your point? That you like Laura don't know that "demographic changes" includes "race and ethnicity"? They do. For Laura to claim on the one hand it's not about "race and ethnicity" and in the same statement declare "demographic changes" are destroying "the America we know and love" .... was "ignorant" in my opinion, a mistake I hope she learns from and doesn't repeat.
    You just joined all the voices of the left trying to shut down anyone who speaks out against the problems that the invaders and too much immigration without assimilation has caused. There was absolutely nothing wrong with wath Laura said. I watched the entire video and as she was talking, I was thinking of the construction worker who had been the only English speaker on the job for 3 years, and the lady in the plant who was surrounded by non English speakers, and of the school district that has over 140 different languages.
    Last edited by stoptheinvaders; 08-11-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Those are race and ethnicity issues, so why did Laura claim it wasn't about race and ethnicity, when part of it certainly is, and claim instead it's "demographic changes" which are the same thing as race and ethnicity issues?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Those are race and ethnicity issues, so why did Laura claim it wasn't about race and ethnicity, when part of it certainly is, and claim instead it's "demographic changes" which are the same thing as race and ethnicity issues?
    Probably because it wasn't intended in the context you took it in. She was clearly talking about demographic changes brought on by legal and illegal immigration. Immigrants, legal and illegal, come in white, yellow, brown and black. Race and ethnicity had nothing to do with the point she was making. The full scope of demographics is much more than race or ethnicity. It could mean income level, educations, sex, employment, home ownership, hobbies and yes, race. However, she was talking about the changes specifically relating to immigration and illegal immigration in general, not breaking it down by race, ethnicity, education, sex, income level, etc.

I see nothing wrong with what she said and definitely did not see her comment as racist.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What was your point?
    You are clueless about a lot of things!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    That you like Laura don't know that "demographic changes" includes "race and ethnicity"? They do.
    But the difference is how people act. Some will follow a script taught to them based on their race, but they don't have to. YOU ONLY SEE RACE!

Demographics can be about race. But demographics can instead be about economic conditions and other things, which can exist regardless of race. Apparently it is you who thinks all people of a race are the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast