Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Iowa meatpacking plant raid uncovers swarm of illegal immigr

Iowa meatpacking plant raid uncovers swarm of illegal immigrants, underage workers

06:39 PM CDT on Saturday, July 26, 2008
    Associated Press

POSTVILLE, Iowa — When federal immigration agents raided the kosher meatpacking plant here in May and rounded up 389 illegal immigrants, they found more than 20 under-age workers, some as young as 13.

Now those young immigrants have begun to tell investigators about their jobs. Some said they worked shifts of 12 hours or more, wielding razor-edged knives and saws to slice freshly killed beef. Some worked through the night, sometimes six nights a week.

One, a Guatemalan named Elmer L. who said he was 16 when he started working on the plant's killing floors, said he worked 17-hour shifts, six days a week. In an affidavit, he said he was constantly tired and did not have time to do anything but work and sleep. “I was very sad,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO

Most of the young immigrants have been released from detention but remain in deportation proceedings. Parras Konrad said she will ask immigration authorities to grant them special four-year temporary visas, known as U-visas, which are offered to immigrants who assist in law enforcement investigations. Iowa labor officials are considering supporting some of those visa requests, Sheridan-Lucht said.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can`t help but think that this is are so called governments fault. They have hurt everyone finacially, socially and emotionally. It has gotten to a point where everybody thinks that eveything and everyone is wrong, at least thats my opinion . Everyone is a snowflake and we will distroy the plant and all mankind. It`s inevitable. Just give it alittle more time. God help us all. I can`t stand this anymore
    No man is good enough to govern another man without that other’s consent.
    Abraham Lincoln

I would bet my last dollar that if they started passing out prison sentences to these greedy bastages that hire these people that this kind of crap would stop.

Illegal immigrants or not these greedy owners need to be hung out to dry for this kind of stuff.

And trust me the owners and managers know excactly what they are doing.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Much as I would like to see all of these folks busted or deported---both employers and employees--I am also concerned about the costs. Deport the illegal employees---fine the bosses and owners. At least that way the local governments get some revenue coming in to offset the expenses.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This Patroits imo is a very black eye to America and shows beyond question the corrouption under the current "Officals". Anything goes mentality for profit = Slave Labor . Not even Illegals who shouldn't be here should not be treated in this very inhuman fashion . Am no bleeding heart as most of you'll know . But this is "Wrong" in a modern society. Some heads in High places need to be jailed and bought to trial .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Quote Originally Posted by Justonehero
    I would bet my last dollar that if they started passing out prison sentences to these greedy bastages that hire these people that this kind of crap would stop.

Illegal immigrants or not these greedy owners need to be hung out to dry for this kind of stuff.

And trust me the owners and managers know excactly what they are doing.
    Agreed. It sounds like the conditions were deplorable. I hope these employers get the book thrown at them!

Will Agriprocessors be ordered out of business if these allegations are proven to be true?

Much as I would like to see all of these folks busted or deported---both employers and employees--I am also concerned about the costs. Deport the illegal employees---fine the bosses and owners. At least that way the local governments get some revenue coming in to offset the expenses.
    I agree. Someone made a sugestion awhile back that the government of the illegals pay for thier expenses to jail and detain and deport them. I think thats a great idea. Have the government deduct what it costs us annually. ( LIke that would really happen)
    No man is good enough to govern another man without that other’s consent.
    Abraham Lincoln

Blah , Blah , Blah , Blah ,
    Where are the arrests ?
    Where are the fines ?
    Where are the lawsuits ?

These scum are as well protected as Cheney and Mozillo - nothing will EVER happen to them !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast