Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeff Sessions Supports Amnesty?

Have I been misinformed? Is this quote correct? I've always been been a fan for what seemed like common sense and America first out of Jeff Sessions. His work last year was instrumental in our cause. Hope this a misquote...

Sessions said he has a soft spot for immigrants already in the United States with their families.

“What are you going to do about the 11 million here? I think we’ve got to be compassionate about the people that have been here a long period of time and have children,” Sessions said.

“But I think we should never again — 1986 (the year of President Reagan’s immigrant amnesty program) forward — never should you get every single benefit this country offers if you come here illegally. You don’t get everything.”

Sessions says immigration policy must favor the young

By Eric Fleischauer
    eric@decaturdaily.com · 340-2435

The way to make sure immigration policy benefits national interests, said U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Mobile, is to admit immigrants based on a point system.

Give points for educational advancement, accumulated assets, fluency in English, and young age, said Sessions, and immigrants will benefit U.S. interests.

Charge admission

Charging admission for immigrants might also work, he said.

“At some point we need to decide what’s in the national interest,” Sessions said in an editorial board meeting at The Daily last week. “If you’ve got money to invest, you might get more points.”

Sessions said he has a soft spot for immigrants already in the United States with their families.

“What are you going to do about the 11 million here? I think we’ve got to be compassionate about the people that have been here a long period of time and have children,” Sessions said.

“But I think we should never again — 1986 (the year of President Reagan’s immigrant amnesty program) forward — never should you get every single benefit this country offers if you come here illegally. You don’t get everything.”

Not everything, Sessions said, but some things.

“You don’t get to be a citizen; you don’t get every social welfare benefit that we give,” Sessions continued. “Health care, OK. Your children go to school, OK. You can drive the highways, OK, if you’re legalized in some fashion.”

We need to prioritize immigrants by what they bring to the country, Sessions said.

“An Irishman with a master’s degree is second in line to an uneducated brother of somebody (from Mexico).

“Right now people who don’t have family connections — who are extraordinarily talented, who’ve studied English, who know advanced math and science — can’t get in. All because the chicken plant wants some people who work for $5 an hour.”

Immigrants who fail to meet standards designed to further U.S. interests become a drain on our economy, he said.

“An immigrant who comes here without a high school degree would take nearly $100,000 more out of the government than the he pays in,” Sessions said.

“There’s this myth that everybody’s going to come in and their grandson’s going to be the senator from Pennsylvania. But it’s not really so. People that came from developed nations like Japan tend to already have educations and are able more quickly to assimilate to the disciplines of United States. They do well.”

Sessions said any immigration policy should start with border control.

“We absolutely can secure the border,” Sessions said. “It’s not that hard. We’ll soon have twice as many border patrol agents. Fences are a very important part of it. If somebody’s going to be a temporary worker, the government needs to give them an ID with a fingerprint that can’t be easily forged. No business should hire a temporary worker that doesn’t have that card.”

Border blame

Sessions blamed U.S. business and agricultural interests, along with the Bush administration, for reluctance on securing the border with Mexico.

“They’re saying, ‘We can’t get enough good workers. These people (immigrants) will work and they’ll say “Yes sir” and “No sir.” We’ve got to have these workers.’ How many? What jobs? I think we haven’t thought that through.”

Sessions said more federal dollars should go to transforming American citizens into better workers, thus alleviating the economic need for immigrants.

“The kid down here that dropped out of high school, who doesn’t know who his daddy is,” Sessions said.

“He fiddled around and is not a very reliable worker, but if somebody took some time and invested some money and worked with him, didn’t fire him the first time he was late for work, paid him a little better money, he might turn out to be a pretty good worker. Those are the American citizens.”

Protect U.S. interests

America, Sessions said, needs to be more protective of its own interests.

“We need to look at what’s in our national interest,” he said. “We cannot serve the interest of every poor person in the world. The numbers are just too huge.”

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdail ... oung.shtml
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Canada has a point system and they do not take in anyone who does not benefit the country. For example, anyone over the age of 55 I think, people who lack education and very low skilled workers are not permitted to become citizens. I think sessions is interested in bringing people into the country who are more educated and can contribute to the nation, such as scientist, doctors, etc. People with 6-8th grade education have little offer and are a burden to our society. I think this is the point he is making. Canada gives so many points for age, education, etc. and you have to have a certain amount of points to become a citizen of the country. If you are old or have a lack of education your chances of becoming a Canadian citizen are very low because you would be more of a burden than an asset.

Banned
    Session said what???

Aren't those statements contradictory???

AND, what are you going to do when sisters and brothers and cousins are allowed in via 'chain migration'?

"What are you going to do about the 11 million here?" Enforce the law, force them to go home and reform there own country based on their experiences here!!!

I feel a phone call coming on...don't all of you???

The way the story was written was a little unclear but I read the point system to be about legal immgrants going forward. That we should set up our legal immigration system under the point system like you are refering to. His quoted comments however are about the invaders already here? Am I reading that wrong?
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

MW
    This tells me all I need to know:

Trust me, he will not endorse or vote for an amnesty.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I really don't think Jeff Sessions will let us down. But I will still phone and fax his offices on Monday.

Banned
    This tells me all I need to know:

Quote:

Trust me, he will not endorse or vote for an amnesty.
    I agree MW. Especially not the radioactive, massive, multi-trillion dollar amnesty we're looking at with another Kennedy bill.

And, India, Inc. will lick their chops - they will jump all over the 'young' and 'educated' part.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm not trying to make an enemy of Jeff Sessions but I also want the truth. Maybe we are all working from a different definition of amnesty??? Rewarding law breakers is amnesty; the following is amnesty.

- Arnold J. Toynbee

This bothers me.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast