Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    He will vote Obama; and he was at Obama rally.
    No he had a very long interview with Neal Cavuto last night after the debate. I don't think so. He didn't like anything Obama said.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Joe the plumber

Quote Originally Posted by dginki
    It has been reported on multiple news stations that Joe is not licensed, makes $40,000 per year and his boss makes $100,000 per yr. Joe and his boss would benefit from Obama's tax plan.
    It depends, he was talking about buying a plumbing company that has $250,000 per year SALES, supposedly Obama want to tax any company that has SALES (not profit) over $250,000 a year.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just think about it, it turns out Obama's plan would tax him less than McCain's. Obama told him his plan taxes those who can afford to pay a little more, so if Joe votes for McCain, is he not saying "I can afford to pay a little more?"
    This just illustrates how many voters don't know the facts, but know they don't like Obama. It's a shame a person can have full-time job, but not have health insurance. McCain wants to give $5000 towards health coverage, but how many of us don't have the other $7000 it would take to have it. We have a choice to make, and I can only pray that more folks do the math before it's too late...

I would LOVE to hear from the multimillionaire celebrities who support Obama. How do THEY feel about being taxed more? How do THEY feel that Obama wants them to give him more money so he can redistribute it?

Why are they so quiet on this? What about CEO's? Since so many celebs support Obama, I'm guessing they don't care how much he wants to tax them? What will they get in return? Something is definitely not right here.

Politicians have LIED about taxes for decades, do we somehow expect Obama's "tax calculator" to stay the same after the election, should he win? I doubt it, unless it's "fuzzy math"

So now, Joe the plumber is the "bad" guy for asking a question that was important to him and many others? The media is digging into his private life to come up with what? What is their purpose?
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable
    McCain wants to give $5000 towards health coverage, but how many of us don't have the other $7000 it would take to have it.
    $12,000 a year for health insurance? Mine only costs $1800 a year. I am a 53 years old healthy non-smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by Expendable
    McCain wants to give $5000 towards health coverage, but how many of us don't have the other $7000 it would take to have it.
    $12,000 a year for health insurance? Mine only costs $1800 a year. I am a 53 years old healthy non-smoker.

Bowman, I agree that $12,000/year sounds steep. Could he be speaking of full coverage of a, let's say, family of 4 since that seems to be the model they use?

And that's the point! That figure IS crazy, but McCain wants my vote? Just imagine how many folks don't know this. I don't take Obama's saying he'd "spread the wealth" as meaning he'd take from middle class families. I take it to mean he would do things like mandate employers of a certain size provide coverage, and make coverage more affordable, while taxing high wage earners at the rate we had under Clinton. I believe he said "...those who can afford to pay a little more..."
    So, the numbers show Joe The Plumber would fare better under Obama's tax plan. If he votes McCain, then we can all agree Joe decided "he could pay a little more" LOL

MW
    Expendable wrote:

So, the numbers show Joe The Plumber would fare better under Obama's tax plan.
    History tells us that we can typically expect more taxes under a Democrat President. How do you think they pay for all the expanded social programs they want to provide for the poor? Furthermore, don't think for a minute that national health care is cheap! National health care will mean poor service and higher taxes for all of us that actually pay taxes. Someone is going to pay and it won't be the poor. You do know the poor don't generally pay income taxes, don't you? All or most of what they pay comes back to them at the end of the year. Didn't I read somewhere recently that almost half the working population doesn't pay taxes?

Many of the folks making over $250,000 a year worked extremely hard and made sacrifices throughout their life to get where they are today. Why should they be taxed at a higher percentage level than someone who makes $86,000 a year? I'm sorry, the 'Robin Hood' tax plan doesn't work for me. Furthermore, those making the higher incomes don't use the government programs and social services that the lower income families do, so why should they have to pay for them? Oh, you know that the Democrat Congress and Obama want to let the Bush Tax cuts expire, don't you? That means we'll all being looking at an increase in taxes.

Fabianism should be a real concern if Obama is elected President of the United States!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How do we know that the employer making over $250,000 has not cheated his employees out of wages? Think about this. Netting $250,000 is wonderful who can't live wonderful on this amount, save, and invest. When is the last time the wage earner got a raise without employers crying?

I can't see why he wouldn't. Most of the plumber jobs here in Houston have been taken over by Hispanics. Many of their helpers are illegals.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast