Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bill O'Reilly broke down Obama's programs and the cost of them last night. He said he is going to give tax break to 95% of the people, but after Bill told the cost of every program that he wanted, how it would add to the deficit, how so many people have lost any wealth in this economic crisis his tax base for wealthy people is also gone. The guy is an empty suit with a slick tongue and doesn't live in reality. $250,000 before taxes in CA is nothing. You can figure you'd be lucky to have half of it after all of the fed, state, and local taxes you pay on property. CA is very expensive. In fact, half of our deficit right now can be attributed to wealthier people leaving CA because of the taxes and they aren't willing to pay for a corrupt state government and all of the welfare to illegals.

How many of you have gotten a job from someone who makes $60,000 a year. It's the wealthy that create the jobs. Yes, there are bad players. But you take the American dream and incentive away from our younger generations and you won't have jobs, you won't have innovative research because you get penalized for being successful. Greed is a terrible thing and jealousy is too. Some of the greediest people I know are NOT rich.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Knoxville's Joe the Plumber doubts Obama, too
    By Hayes Hickman (Contact)
    Originally published 04:14 p.m., October 16, 2008
    Updated 04:14 p.m., October 16, 2008

Michael Patrick/News Sentinel
    Knoxville's version of "Joe the Plumber" is Joe Shanks, the owner of Joe's Plumbing Service of Middlebrook Pike in West Knoxville.

Average Joes? Tax break not at top of Shanks' list
    McCain's favorite plumber's story doesn't wash

Joe the Plumber, of Knoxville, that is, says he's less concerned about whether he gets a tax break if his customers still can't afford to hire him.

Still, Joe Shanks, a licensed master plumber and owner of Joe's Plumbing Service in the Cedar Bluff area, has followed the presidential campaigns the same as his much-quoted counterpart in Toledo, Ohio, who questioned Democratic Sen. Barack Obama over his proposed tax hike for those who make more than $250,000 a year.

Shanks said his business, which he jointly runs with his wife, Catherine, doesn't earn the couple nearly that much income.

Especially lately, with business at about half what he usually handles, thanks to a flailing national economy that has left would-be customers skittish about hiring him.

"I can't make money right now," explained Shanks, who's been in business for 25 years. "I've had to lower my prices just to get the job. I'm going for that cheap dollar - I have to."

Shanks, an independent voter, said he's supporting Republican Sen. John McCain, citing the official's career experience in office as the deciding factor for him.

"I'd just feel more comfortable, confident and safe with McCain," the plumber said. "McCain's been there. Obama's just not that experienced."

Shanks likened the decision to a homeowner in need of a plumber - would you hire the guy who just got his trade license, he asked, or a seasoned professional?

More details as they develop online and in Friday's News Sentinel

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/oct/1 ... obama-too/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Joe the plumber

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by dginki
    It has been reported on multiple news stations that Joe is not licensed, makes $40,000 per year and his boss makes $100,000 per yr. Joe and his boss would benefit from Obama's tax plan.
    It depends, he was talking about buying a plumbing company that has $250,000 per year SALES, supposedly Obama want to tax any company that has SALES (not profit) over $250,000 a year.
    That's right. Just because a business (sole owner or partnership) has total sales of 250,000 annually doesn't mean the owner(s) take home that amount. 10%-15% of that 250,000 is about average TAXABLE income for the owner. The rest is operating expense, inventory, insurance, freight, and payroll, which we have to match every FICA dollar for every employee. Not everybody gets rich owning a small business. Most of us just barely get by. If Obama plans to tax the BUSINESS earnings of small companies he would put many of us OUT of business.

I already know the "Robin Hood" plan doesn't work. We've had a Robin Hood school financing plan here in Texas for around a decade now, and it's a huge failure.

They take a good portion of the funds away from tax-rich school districts and give them to poor school districts. However, they take away so much from rich school districts that they pretty much become poor districts. (I went to one of these rich schools in the normal funding time, but my younger brother went through the same school during the Robin Hood time. He said there was often not enough money to fund making photocopies of class materials like handouts.) Then, there were multiple reports of the poor districts getting so much money that they started spending it on frivilous and expensive purchases.

I can see this happening with our country in Obama's Robin Hood plan.

TexasGal

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGal
    I already know the "Robin Hood" plan doesn't work. We've had a Robin Hood school financing plan here in Texas for around a decade now, and it's a huge failure.

They take a good portion of the funds away from tax-rich school districts and give them to poor school districts. However, they take away so much from rich school districts that they pretty much become poor districts. (I went to one of these rich schools in the normal funding time, but my younger brother went through the same school during the Robin Hood time. He said there was often not enough money to fund making photocopies of class materials like handouts.) Then, there were multiple reports of the poor districts getting so much money that they started spending it on frivilous and expensive purchases.

TexasGal
    We have to remember the Robin Hood Plan has been used on all of us for decades with the illegal aliens. They take from us, give them completely free health care, free education, welfare, etc. That is the Robin Hood Plan already in play. Obama just wants to expand it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGal

TexasGal
    I seriously doubt a school that gave money to the Robin Hood plan would suffer with having the basics as you've mentioned. While I too don't like the idea of taking from the rich, I feel gov't hasn't done enough to ensure unskilled workers are being paid a fair wage. My great-grandfather never finished high school, did unskilled labor his whole life, yet he was able to buy a home, always had a late model pick-up, was the go to guy for a loan, and he even had savings when he died.

Joe The Plumber didn't say "You're going to raise taxes to fund social programs, and I have a problem with that." He addressed his displeasure with Obama raising HIS taxes. So if that was the only reason he had to not vote for Obama, then that reason is off the table now.
    It all goes back to the simple fact that some folks just won't vote for Obama, and are looking for a valid reason to give. Have you noticed how the Repubs are holding this tax dodger out as "one of them"? LOL

Bowman wrote:
    It depends, he was talking about buying a plumbing company that has $250,000 per year SALES, supposedly Obama want to tax any company that has SALES (not profit) over $250,000 a year.
    Not a fan of either of these guys, I believe Obama would tax the individuals making over $250,000 per year and more, not small businesses' gross profit. Businesses under the current IRS code can write off a lot of stuff before they pay taxes: losses from clients that don't pay their bills on time, interest paid on short-term bridge loans, depreciation of their equipment, profit-sharing with their investors, or dividend and interest payments if they have issued stock. I think Joe the Plumber needs a good lesson from an accountant.

MW
    Expendable wrote:

It all goes back to the simple fact that some folks just won't vote for Obama, and are looking for a valid reason to give.
    You're right, and Obama makes it extremely easy to find reasons not to vote for him.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well, he gets his wish. i got a blip on the news, the USA border patrol is now allowed to RETURN FIRE into MEXICO. sweeet.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Expendable wrote:

It all goes back to the simple fact that some folks just won't vote for Obama, and are looking for a valid reason to give.
    You're right, and Obama makes it extremely easy to find reasons not to vote for him.
    Bull's-eye.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast