Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by draindog
    well, he gets his wish. i got a blip on the news, the USA border patrol is now allowed to RETURN FIRE into MEXICO. sweeet.
    Who gets his wish? I missed something.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know why there's all of this talk about "health care reform and insurance," when the topic should be about placing limits on what drug and pharmeceutical companies can charge for their drugs and medical devices.

That's what the true problem is. Drugs are cheaper in countries such as Canada and Mexico for a reason. I've been alive long enough to have seen this bogus change in our health care system and it's a sham like everything else that has been deregulated. We're forced to have insurance or go without medical treatment in this country due to the greed of these corporations who mark up their "wares" way beyond what it costs to make and maintain them! That's the real problem!

Pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies are in cahoots and they've "developed" this greedy "health care system" that American citizens have become enslaved to.

Any politician worth his salt should take a good long look at how high drugs are marked up in this country and ask these companies...WHY? Some medications are marked up close to 3000%...THAT'S THREE THOUSAND PERCENT.

Hospitals charge way too much, because they are trying to cover the costs left to them by illegal aliens who use up space, medicine and doctors' time with NO INTENT to pay it back. If this wasn't happening, hospitals wouldn't have to charge so much that one HAS TO HAVE insurance to make ends meet. Insurance is for emergencies...not for every day use...at least that's the way the concept of medical insurance started out!

Twenty five years ago, many of us saw where this "mandatory insurance" was going. Twenty five years ago, if you had a job and worked 40 hour weeks, you could use your insurance or not use your insurance to pay medical bills. It was up to you, because most of the time you paid for your doctor appointments and medications out of your own pocket.

Changing the amount pharmeceutical companies can charge, what hospitals and doctors can charge for American citizens to get decent, top of the line medical treatment anywhere in the USA is what is needed. We don't need socialized medicine, so those greedy pharmeceutical CEO bassturds can continue to get rich off of other people's misery.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

I'm with you JBParrothead. I also believe it's the astronomical costs in the medical system, especially with the drug companies. Have you noticed how many commercials there are nowadays for drugs??? And sometimes I think they dream up new conditions just so they can make a drug for it.
    Costs are the root of the problem.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Joe the plumber

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by dginki
    It has been reported on multiple news stations that Joe is not licensed, makes $40,000 per year and his boss makes $100,000 per yr. Joe and his boss would benefit from Obama's tax plan.
    It depends, he was talking about buying a plumbing company that has $250,000 per year SALES, supposedly Obama want to tax any company that has SALES (not profit) over $250,000 a year.
    Obama is clearly committed to only raising taxes if you make over $250,000. If you own a business, you're taxed on the net profit, not the gross sales. No one is speaking about taxing the sales of any business, big or small. It would turn the business tax code on it's head.

All small business owners that net less than $250,000 will not see a tax increase with Obama's plan. The net profit is the most difficult part of a succesful business. If your net is 10% ( which is high), you need to sell 2.5 million dollars worth of services or goods. Every customer needs to pay their bill. Not everyone pays their bill and profit margins are usually less than 10%.

Wilth Obama most small businesse owners will be better off.

With McCain all of us will pay taxes on our company furnished healthcare plan. If you have a generous plan, you TAXABLE income could increse $4 - 5,000.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234