Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Julie Myers Joins ICE As New Assistant Secretary

http://www.ice.gov/graphics/news/inside ... 6_Web1.htm

Inside ICE: Volume 3, Issue 1
    Julie Myers Joins ICE As New Assistant Secretary

Saying it was an honor to join the ICE team, Julie L. Myers began serving as ICE’s Assistant Secretary on January 9.

Prior to her appointment as the leader of ICE, Ms. Myers served as special assistant to the President for presidential personnel. Before holding that position, she served as assistant secretary for export enforcement at the Department of Commerce. Previous to her service with the Commerce Department, Ms. Myers was the chief of staff for the Criminal Division at the Department of Justice.

She also served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Eastern District of New York, prosecuting a variety of criminal cases, ranging from drug smuggling and immigration fraud cases to complicated money laundering investigations.

Ms. Myers received her bachelor’s degree from Baylor University and her J.D. from Cornell Law School.

“Since its creation in 2003, ICE has been at the forefront of our effort to protect

America from the threat of terror and criminal activities,� Myers said in a letter to ICE employees. “ICE has achieved significant success in combating immigration and customs violations during this time. In my view, this success is attributable to one thing: ICE employees. From agent to analyst to attorney, and from Laredo to Los Angeles to London, ICE’s achievements stem from the hard work and dedication of each and every one of you.�

Myers said she will take concrete steps to ensure that the agency’s forward progress continues under her leadership, and:

Help attract, recruit, and retain the best agents, analysts, lawyers, law enforcement officials, and support staff in all of law enforcement;
    Strengthen ICE’s administrative structure to support the field from agency headquarters;
    Aggressively seek the financial resources ICE needs to carry out all aspects of its mission; and
    Serve as a forceful advocate for ICE within DHS, the federal government, and private industry.
    “Although the demands are great, this is an exciting time for ICE,� Myers said. “The enforcement of our country’s immigration laws is in the spotlight right now, and ICE is playing a leading role as we move forward with the DHS Secretary’s Secure Border Initiative. I am also particularly interested in further developing ICE’s effectiveness in financial and strategic investigations, and providing support for the critical role that the Federal Protective Service plays in carrying out ICE’s mission. Moreover, our intelligence capabilities should be strengthened and utilized to more directly support our investigations. Through the successful combination of immigration and customs authorities, along with our intelligence capabilities, ICE is fighting terrorism and protecting American citizens in ways that were not possible prior to the agency’s creation.�

In a message to all DHS employees announcing Myers' appointment, DHS Secretary Chertoff said Myers has extensive law-enforcement experience and is well known throughout the law enforcement community.

"I look forward to working with Ms. Myers as she leads our team at ICE working to prevent acts of terrorism and to detect and prevent threats to our national security," Chertoff said.

Myers noted that during her time at the Justice Department’s Criminal Division she had the opportunity to work closely with DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff. She looks forward to having the further opportunity to work with Chertoff as an advocate for ICE’s goals and agenda, and plans to enhance ICE’s coordination with U.S. Attorney’s offices across the country to maximize the impact of our criminal investigations.

Myers praised the work of Deputy Assistant Secretary John Clark during this transitional period, saying his dedication during the last four months have made ICE an even stronger organization.

“As Assistant Secretary, I look forward to working with him, the other senior managers, and all of you to continue further advancing ICE as one of the nation’s preeminent law enforcement agencies,� Myers said.

ICE’s new assistant secretary said that in the months ahead she will travel to ICE offices around the country and that she looks forward to meeting and talking with many ICE employees.

“During these visits, I want to hear from you about what ICE should be doing, what you are worried we aren’t doing enough of, and what you think the agency should invest in to become even more successful,� Myers said. “Your input is critical if we are to succeed.�
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Julie Myers Joins ICE As New Assistant Secretary

“During these visits, I want to hear from you about what ICE should be doing, what you are worried we aren’t doing enough of, and what you think the agency should invest in to become even more successful,� Myers said. “Your input is critical if we are to succeed.�
    Oh Lord, she wants to build a successful agency instead of secure our borders and keep illegals out of the country.

It's a friggin' crisis and she's going to be making "visits" to gather "input".

You need 40,000 Americans, Myers, on the borders so no one gets in. It's low tech, we don't need your law degree, we don't need your "criminal justice experience"...if they aren't here, we don't even need courts for the subject.

IMPEACH BUSH AND CHENEY and get this riff-raff out of our government...NOW!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I will GUARANTEE YOU that this APPOINTMENT will be more of a DISAPPOINTMENT that MICHAEL BROWN at FEMA. There is NO question in my mind that this CRONY-APPOINTMENT is just about the most UNQUALIFIED choice he could have made. ICE is in ENOUGH of a mess as it is but this woman will drive what's left of it into the ground.

There is a METHOD to the MANIAC'S MADNESS. He does not WANT ICE to be effective. He WANTS it to be a failure.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Re: Julie Myers Joins ICE As New Assistant Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Oh Lord, she wants to build a successful agency instead of secure our borders and keep illegals out of the country.
    Myers was appointed soley as a political favor to allow her to "enhance" her resume. It will help her later when she's up for a federal judgeship.

It has nothing whatever to do with her being an effective leader of ICE. In fact, that's the last thing anybody in the Bush Administration would want.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Once again the douchebag puts cronyism and partisan politics ahead of national security. What else is new? I hate this chump more than anything in this whole wide world. I hate him. I can't stand him. I can't stand to listen to him and his outrageous lies. I can't even look at him, that smirk en jerk. Watching Bush give a stump speech on anything in general is like watching a third grader on crack. I'm with you Judy. Get this man and his cronies out of our government NOW!
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Watching Bush give a stump speech on anything in general is like watching a third grader on crack.
    PERFECT DESCRIPTION, dman.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Ooh dman, that one was GOOD!!

And....highly accurate.

And dman...as soon as I see him, I "mute" it because I too just can't listen to him any more. I keep the screen on in case there's a "Breaking News" event...these days...you're afraid to leave the house for "what's happpening now".

I've never known such a time of turmoil with threats on every level in every corner from every direction.

It's just plain nerve-wracking and all we need to do to end all this misery is eject this ass-hole from 1600 Pennsy Avenue immediately. I sure hope we're capable of something so simple.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

dman "CRACKS" me UP!

Bootsie Quote:
    I will GUARANTEE YOU that this APPOINTMENT will be more of a DISAPPOINTMENT that MICHAEL BROWN at FEMA.

You said it Bootsie. It's amazing, GWB always doing favors, providing paybacks by picking his "good friends" for important positions whether they're qualified or not.

What does he think he's President of the Junior High School Student Council or something ?

Give US a break.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Did anyone listen or shall I say stomach Jorge's latest laughable stump speech? One quote that stuck out to me was "As president of the US, I make alot of important decisions". Man what I wouldn't have given to hear someone from the crowd chant "yeah and they all suck too" or something to that effect. Jorge would have had a heart attack if someone had the guts to say it. It really pisses me off when I hear Jorge's drones clap and cheer for him. Of course it doesn't piss me off as much as Jorge using the military as a backstop to give one of his stump speeches to try and repair his political image.

His presidency can't end soon enough.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast