Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

KS: Brownback signs bill requiring photo ID at polls

Brownback signs bill requiring photo ID at Kansas polls
    By JOHN HANNA
    The Associated Press

TOPEKA | Gov. Sam Brownback has signed a bill requiring Kansas voters to show photo identification at the polls.

Brownback was joined Monday at a signing ceremony at the statehouse by Secretary of State Kris Kobach, a fellow Republican who pushed the legislation.

Many Republicans say the new law will combat election fraud. Critics say it will suppress voter turnout and decrease the number of people registered to vote.

The photo ID requirement takes effect Jan. 1.

Election officials also will have to verify the signatures of prospective voters before sending them a ballot by mail.

And starting in 2013, anyone registering to vote for the first time in Kansas will have to provide proof of U.S. citizenship, though a Kansas driver's license could suffice for many.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/04/18/28 ... z1Jv8zYHzI

Banned
    Very good news james This Is a major win for our side

Good common sense legislation.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

total common sense and for the small number of US Citizens that might have a problem with photo ID I am sure they can get help.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Good common sense legislation.
    Especially considering that a COMPLETE lack of common sense seems to be the order of the day within our various city,state,and federal governments

Banned
    This should be a law in ALL of the states. Why it's not is beyond me.
    Great going Gov. Brownback and the others that supported this bill!

Isn't this the same Brownback that supported amnesty when he was in the U.S. Senate? I'm glad to see him sign the bill, but I still don't like him. I jumped for joy when he vacated his U.S. Senate seat and wept in despair when he was elected Governor of Kansas. A RINO is a RINO, regardless of what political office he holds.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Way to go Kansas!!
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</