Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I agree with all the above post as most intelligent taxpaying citizens do.

The horse industry has made their own bed now let them lay/stew/waller in it !!

Because of greed they let go their US Citizen workers for cheap slave labor .

Now either they get out of the business or start building a legal workforce.First try advertising at the unemployment offices but of course they will have to pay a living wage cause taxpayers are reeeaaal tired of subsidizing their cheap labor.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Ive owned horses for the majority of my life. I own a horse now and have many friends from all walks of life that are in to them too. I can tell you in all honesty, most horsepeople/lovers would be overjoyed to see horseracing outlawed for a variety of reasons (mostly for the horses of course). We also understand that there are some owners/trainers who really DO care for their horses and that T-breds have an ingrained desire to RUN. FAST!

I worked for 18 months day in and day out cleaning manure out of pens thru 2009 and part of 2010. I've been bitten, kicked at, bum rushed, knocked over etc. But dangerous? I wouldn't say that.

Back in the 90's I was a pilot who flew airplanes for years until life took me on another path. Thats WAY more dangerous in my opinion. Going from being a pilot (my last gig was co- flying a business jet for George W's California campaign manager). If I can go from a "prestigous" job such as that to cleaning poopy pens ANYONE can!!!!!!! (and BELIEVE ME - I HATE getting dirty). I was paid $100 per week. Don't EVEN tell me they NEED illegals to groom and hotwalk horses. Total BS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry, they based their business success on targeting ILLEGALS as your employees. Again sorry, the horse business economy is based on "cheap labor" from ILLEGALS subsidized by the United States Citizen Taxpayers furnishing benefits for the ILLEGAL EMPLOYER'S ILLEGALS while increasing the "bottom line" of the ILLEGAL EMPLOYERS. Too many of the Pro-ILLEGAL comments come from the ILLEGALS, their Anchors, or ILLEGAL EMPLOYERS who benefit financially from their ILLEGALS.

Just one more thing...if a company can't conduct business legally, then it has no business being in business.

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/16/1600 ... ffer.html##ixzz1BKDcICHG

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    What a lame article! Who took care of the horses before illegal aliens were given the jobs for pennies on the dollar by greedy owners?

Too bad, so sad. Follow the laws or get out of the business!

Every single problem in this country today ultimately boils down to someone's greed. Hey rich people, why not stop indulging yourselves....you'd probably find that you CAN actually pay your fellow Americans a decent wage. It should make you sick to know that your Gucci apparel cost more than a year or two's wage's for some of us.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Articles like this make my blood boil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-co
    Articles like this make my blood boil.
    The comments in the comment section of the source article defending the ILLEGALS and the ILLEGAL EMPLOYERS "make my blood boil"; some of the comments suggest the ILLEGAL EMPLOYERS and their ILLEGALS are the victims not the United States Citizens!

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/16/1600 ... ffer.html##ixzz1BKDcICHG

lccat wrote,
    Just one more thing...if a company can't conduct business legally, then it has no business being in business.
    Yup. That about says it. And if you ever want to see some real nice spreads, southern plantation style, take a trip around Lexington, KY, the horse capital of the world. Some of the barns look like the horses of royalty must live in them.

Hopefully Kentucky lawmakers will quit subsidizing the illegal labor market.

Banned
    This reminds me of a story I heard on the news a few months ago. A farmer lost half his crop of oranges due to a draught or something. The story was he lost a million dollars. On half a crop. But he cant pay a decent wage, and because of him we all pay. And these farmers have the nerve to tell us that with out illegals the price of produce will go up ? I remember a few years ago when I think it was lettuce went sky high. So what did people do? They stopped buying it. Guess what what, the price went down very shortly. If all the illegals left today, and Americans took the jobs (at a decent wage of course) no farmer is gonna go out of business and give up all that income. I cant stand rich people who are cheap to their help. I worked in a motel once, cleaning rooms and after 3 years I asked for a raise. She looked at me like I asked her to donate a kidney. The woman owned three motels. I have zero sympathy for horse owners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12