Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LA VOZ DE AZTLAN: Elvira Arellano deportation questioned

LA VOZ DE AZTLAN
    Los Angeles, Alta California
    August 21, 2007
    http://www.aztlan.net/villaraigoza_questions_ice.htm
    LOS ANGELES: Mayor questions ICE on arrest of Elvira Arellano

The mayor of Los Angeles, Antonio Villaraigosa, has forwarded an inquiry to the local office of the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) concerning the tactics used to arrest Elvira Arellano on Sunday outside "La Iglesia de Nuestra SeƱora Reina de Los Angeles". Los Angeles has one of the largest populations of Mexican descent in the world, second only to Mexico City. The mayor, who is of Mexican descent, is concerned that ICE tactics, which divide families, will also divide communities.

Jim Hayes, the ICE chief in Los Angeles, continuously referred to the devoted mother of an 8 year son as, "A criminal fugitive alien from Mexico". This is extremely insensitive and can be construed as an insult to the local Mexican-American population. There is a possibility that the mayor's office may request US Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez to remove Jim Hayes from Los Angeles.

The callous nature of the ICE arrest of the 32 year old mother, has angered many community leaders and organizations. Angelica Salas, leader of "La Coalicion de Los Angeles para los Derechos de los Inmigrantes" (CHIRLA), has launched a series of candlelight vigils throughout the USA and has committed her organization's resources to the planned march on Washington DC to take place on September 12. Juan Jose Gutierrez, leader of "Movimiento Latino USA", said that he will join in the effort for a march on Washington DC on September 12 and in addition has called for an economic boycott by all Latinos on the same day. Juan Jose Gutierrez is also organizing a massive protest on October 12 to take place in Los Angeles.

Elvira Arellano, considered by many to be the Rosa Parks of the Immigration Rights Movement, has united many organizations. The powerful March 25th Coalition, Hermandad Mexicana, labor unions, the Catholic Church, the Methodist Chirch and other Christian Churches have all come together in support of Elvira Arellano. It looks like the September 12th March on Washington is going to be huge. There is a proposal to establish a permanent camp in the nation's capital where activists can sleep and where food and water can be served.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Jim Hayes, the ICE chief in Los Angeles, continuously referred to the devoted mother of an 8 year son as, "A criminal fugitive alien from Mexico". This is extremely insensitive and can be construed as an insult to the local Mexican-American population
    The truth is light and it will shine in the dark.

Re: LA VOZ DE AZTLAN: Elvira Arellano deportation questioned

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    LA VOZ DE AZTLAN
    August 21, 2007
    The mayor, who is of Mexican descent, is concerned that ICE tactics, which divide families, will also divide communities.
    The mayor has no right to be concerned about dividing families after his wife just filed for divorce because of his adulterous affair.

The mayor, who is of Mexican descent, is concerned that ICE tactics, which divide families, will also divide communities.
    They've already successfully divided communities across the country and what ICE did doesn't have squat to do with it. I'm hoping our communities can once again become whole when ICE does exactly what they just did. Get the lawless illegals out of here. Elvira divided her own family. First.....where's daddy... and second, she sent her son away.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Jim Hayes, the ICE chief in Los Angeles, continuously referred to the devoted mother of an 8 year son as, "A criminal fugitive alien from Mexico". This is extremely insensitive and can be construed as an insult to the local Mexican-American population
    Mayor V, as Jack Nicholson said in a movie once:
    "You can't handle the truth!"

I find it insensitive and an insult, when criminal illegal alien fugitives give press conferences (in unintelligible English) outlining the reasons why she should be excepted from accountability to the law... in my own country.

Bye, bye Elvira.

Jim Hayes, the ICE chief in Los Angeles, continuously referred to the devoted mother of an 8 year son as, "A criminal fugitive alien from Mexico". This is extremely insensitive and can be construed as an insult to the local Mexican-American population. There is a possibility that the mayor's office may request US Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez to remove Jim Hayes from Los Angeles.

Whether this was an "insulting" comment or not does not matter. We still have this right called "Freedom of Speech" in America, and if people from other countries don't like it, they can choose not to listen or they can always go back to where they came from. Why should Jim Hayes or his family have THEIR lives uprooted because he made a statement that he had every right to make? It never ceases to amaze me that illegals come here and then have the nerve to complain when an American says something they find offensive, and demand he/she be fired, demoted, or relocated, instead of realizing that is a freedom we have here and part of what makes this country great. What freedom will they go after next? Whether or not Elvira was devoted to the son she CHOSE to leave behind, and is CHOOSING not to be with or take care of is up for debate. She is a criminal, a fugitive, and an illegal alien so nothing said is untrue, it does not fit the criteria for slander or libel so it is not wrong for him to say it. What is the problem? I'm devoted to my kids and I will NOT EVER ABANDON THEM. If I was for some reason told I could go to Mexico with my kids, but our life would be poorer (as if I could ever be poor with my babies with me) or leave them here so they could have "stuff", we would be off to Mexico, TOGETHER and make the best of it, TOGETHER. Women in Domestic Violence shelters often leave home with nothing but the clothes on their backs to protect their kids every day in this country and the kids are happy just to be anywhere with their Mom. They don't have much if anything of their own. If these moms can do this, to be with their kids even when it is very, very hard, Elvira should too. If Elvira was so devoted, Saul would be with her and probably happier for it, no matter where they were. Send him home. Home is where the heart is, not where the fancier lifestyle is. He should be with his mother. In Mexico.

Re: LA VOZ DE AZTLAN: Elvira Arellano deportation questioned

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    LA VOZ DE AZTLAN
    August 21, 2007
    The mayor has no right to be concerned about dividing families after his wife just filed for divorce because of his adulterous affair.
    Beings the Mayor cares so much about Elvira.... after his divorce is final, maybe he can marry Elvira and make her a legal citizen

Tony Villar may ask his buddy, Alberto Gonzales, to have JIM HAYES (arresting ICE officer) to be REMOVED FROM LOS ANGELES????

This is explosive! How dare this anti-American Mexican mayor DARE to interfere with our immigration laws! If this doesn't outrage everyone in L.A., I don't know what will...! I have never, ever heard of a local public official ask for the removal of an ICE agent! Jim Hayes was just doing his job and Elvira is just one of millions of fugitive illegal alien felons who have deportation orders. Tony Villar should be recalled for attempting to interfere with US immigration laws and aiding and abetting criminals!

RECALL TONY VILLAR!

It's hard to believe an aldulterer is concerned about dividing families!!!!!!!What about your own, you low life!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

here ya go, write to the piece of crap mayor and tel lhim how ya feel

Contact Page
    E-Mail Address: mayor@lacity.org

200 North Spring Street, Room 303
    Los Angeles, CA 90012

213/978-0600 (Phone)
    213/978-0750 (Fax)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast