Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Landrieu to chair Homeland Security subcommittee

Landrieu to chair Homeland Security subcommittee

February 5, 2011

WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Mary L. Landrieu, D-New Orleans, will chair the Senate Appropriations Committee's Subcommittee on Homeland Security, her office announced Friday.
    The subcommittee is responsible for drafting legislation to fund the Department of Homeland Security. DHS consists of 20 offices and seven subagencies that in Fiscal Year 2010 have a budget of $55.35 billion, with $45.95 billion of that discretionary.
    "Chairing this subcommittee is a responsibility I look forward to taking on and one I take very seriously," Landrieu said. "DHS is responsible for protecting our country from foreign and domestic terrorist threats, helping our nation prepare for and recover from both man-made and natural disasters, robustly enforcing our immigration laws and ensuring that everyone and everything coming into the country by air, land or sea pose no threat to the American people.
    "I come to this job with experience in how DHS works and the issues it faces as we begin the 112th Congress. I serve as a member of both this subcommittee and as a member of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, having chaired its Disaster Recovery Subcommittee for the past four years. My home state of Louisiana includes the Coast Guard's largest district headquarters and I have spent years working to reform FEMA in the wake of the devastating hurricanes that battered the Gulf Coast region in 2005. I look forward to working with Appropriations Committee Chairman Daniel Inouye, Ranking Member Thad Cochran and the rest of my Senate colleagues to ensure that DHS has the tools it needs to protect America from the broad range of potential threats we face each day."

www.shreveporttimes.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The broad range of potential threats we face each day."
    Senator. Landrieu is very clever!
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Banned
    "Robustly enforcing our immigration laws and ensuring that everyone and everything coming into the country by air, land or sea pose no threat to the American people."

"Robustly" Nice word.
    http://landrieu.senate.gov/about/commit ... nments.cfm

She's an interesting choice. She's moderate leaning right on immigration issues. I think part of that is due to the impact it's had on LA following Katrina.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I can think of quite a few better choices for that position

... with $45.95 billion of that discretionary...

So out of $55.35 billion nearly $46 billion is discretionary. Hmmm, wonder where they'll put so much discretionary spending... With Napolitano as head of DHS, I wonder...
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    I can think of quite a few better choices for that position
    on the Democrat side??

umm what Democrat do you trust that will help america instead of screwing uys over?

i cant think of anyone because they all support amnesty

illegals go home

She must not. Why? Because she supports amnesty for illegal aliens.

"Landrieu" is a "Democrat" need anything else be said, there will be no help for us out of the Senate so look to the House where lie's our only hope!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I kinda think Landrieu will be tough on Illegal Immigration because she does not want to lose her job.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast