Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Latino outreach madness

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/m ... -momentum/

Latino outreach gains momentum
    By KATE BRASER
    Courier & Press staff writer 464-7622 or braserk@courierpress.com
    Monday, March 12, 2007

Only two meetings into the new Latino Outreach Program, Evansville police already are seeing more interest in the monthly gatherings intended to help Spanish-speaking residents learn about local police policies and procedures.

On Sunday afternoon, a slightly larger group than last month's gathering crowded around six rows of tables in the cafeteria of Nativity Church.

Officer Kevin Corbin used a translator and slide show written in English and Spanish to explain the reasons police officers pull motorists over and how subjects stopped by police should interact with investigating officers.

Organizers say many new Spanish-speaking residents want to learn how local law enforcement works, and police officers want to clarify their roles.

Evansville Police Sgt. Scott Doan attended the meeting to explain how the internal affairs unit of the police department works.

"We will investigate any complaint," he said. "If you have a complaint and bring it to me, it will be investigated."

Doan said the most common complaint is that an officer was rude.

"That, many times, might be due to a misunderstanding or miscommunication," he said.

Doan said racial profiling is another repetitive complaint.

"It all boils down to the officer's mind-set and reason for stopping someone," said Doan. He said it is against police policy to pull anyone over based on race alone.

After the meeting, Doan left his business cards and offered to linger if anyone wanted to discuss a personal issue or complaint.

Sgt. Karla Larmore said because the second Sunday of April falls on Easter, there will be no meeting next month.

In the meantime, she encouraged people to consider riding along with a police officer.

"Once people ride with us and see the things we do and the reason for it, there is a better understanding," Larmore said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is sickening to say the least.
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

On Sunday afternoon, a slightly larger group than last month's gathering crowded around six rows of tables in the cafeteria of Nativity Church.
    How wonderful---the separation of Church and State.....

If only the Mexican Authorities were as cooperative in establishing legal principles for Americans trapped within their arcane system of jurisprudence!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

I think that the church is aiding and abetting(sp?) these criminals.
    If the Catholic church really wanted to help these people, the Pope would change his position on birth control in third world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_shlitz
    I think that the church is aiding and abetting(sp?) these criminals.
    If the Catholic church really wanted to help these people, the Pope would change his position on birth control in third world countries.
    sgt_shlitz-
    The Pope would NEVER change his position on birth control. That would decrease the number of FUTURE Contributers. Thats why they are so adamant on getting AMNESTY passed.

They can take their profiling complaint and do you know what with it. If you live in high Hispanic areas such as Miami you will pull Hispanics over more often just due to the number of them here. When you drive behind someone and decide to pull them over many times you don't even know who they are. Many times there are BOLOs out (be on the lookout for .....) and many times it is for a specific vehicle and have a description of the driver. If you see that type of car and there are say 4 people in the car just like in the BOLO you will pull them over. If the BOLO said a Hispanic male just as the one we have now who stole a red jeep within the last hour and you pull over an African American then you just let them know you are not looking for them but someone else in that type and color of vehicle and let them go. Most people are good about it if you are polite to them. If they don't speak English and don't understand what is happening then they shouldn't be complaining about the police. Ignorance is no excuse.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah Swatchick, I'm getting sick of all accusations of racism myself.
    I just hate how they come here on the tax-payers dime, work under the table, and send the money back to Meh-he-co.

Around here a lot of the invaders vehicles have dark tinted windows and if you were a cop you wouldn't know what race the driver is until you pulled them over. This is just my opinion but I dislike dark tinted windows because it seems to me that someone is hiding something.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMoore

If only the Mexican Authorities were as cooperative in establishing legal principles for Americans trapped within their arcane system of jurisprudence!
    You don't know what is separation of church and state. Where the church serves as a public forum, it is no longer a church.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMoore

You don't know what is separation of church and state. Where the church serves as a public forum, it is no longer a church.
    Gabriel,
    are you back again posting DISINFORMATION? Or is it simply a lack of knowledge?

Go get an encyclopedia. You might learn something.

Tax Law: ANY RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION who involves itself in politics --- looses it's TAX EXEMPTION STATUS.

Uh ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hmmmm, now what?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They can take their profiling complaint and do you know what with it
    Multiculturalism at it finest. What the proponents of Multiculturalism want is either to ignore crime altogether OR treat EVERYONE as a criminal. If for example you know the murder suspect is white. We MUST NOT look only at white suspects. That would be racist. If the majority of a particular crime is one race we can not look at it that way. We must treat ALL as criminals or none. You end up with an SO40 situation with crime running rampant. It is the antithesis of liberty and freedom. It is also part of the fallacy of "diversity" making us stronger.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast