Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HOT DAMN! We're on a roll
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    We've let this issue of the ILLEGALITY of Religious orgs involved in Politics go foot loose and fancy free for too long. Wouldn't you all agree?

Perhaps it's time to let the DC law makers KNOW that we KNOW that they're not enforcing this LAW.

Hmmmm, I can think of a few fun Campaigns for this ILLEGAL CHURCH ACTIVITY. It's surely time that the American taxpayers demand that the religious orgs involved have their tax exemption revoked! We need that money to go back into the American pocket, especially since the rape of our tax dollars by ILLEGALS.

Stay tuned...............more to come!

Oh, GABRIEL........I think you missed the boat
    {figuratively as well as literally, lol}
    Sorry to dissapoint, ICE will not be coming around. If I was illegal, however you should be embarrassed as you (I am going to reasonably infer you are a legal citizen) don't know the Establishment Clause and have yet to offer any legal citation to your unsupported conclusions (i.e. ILLEGAL CHURCH ACTIVITY). You might as well say "I am right because I am right." Since you like encyclopedias 2ndamendis, you can look at the encyclopedia for dummies (Wikipedia) and look up the most recent caselaw on separation of church and state (Lemon v. Kurtzman). If you were truly a legal scholar ( I would think you were because of your screen name) I would refer you to Westlaw or LexisNexis, but you probably couldn't read a case and interpret its meaning. Offer something to substantiate your claims other than conclusions.

Gabriel don't get me going on illegal acitivty in the church. First of all how many molestation cases occurred and the priest or pastor were sent to another church, recently a priest was tried for stealing money from a parish in Florida as for illegals it is against the law for anyone from another country to be in the United States for moer than 6 months without residency or a visa. If someone is here longer they are illegal and also if they work with no, fake or stolen ID it is also illegal. If the church helps those people they are aiding and abetting criminals as is the case with Elvira in the church in Chicago.
    As for law cases Oyez and 4lawschool.com are quick and easy references as I used them for my university courses which included: Criminal Justice and the Constitution and Criminal Procedure which got into the illegal alien cases. If you want I can quote some of those for you as I have in the past.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Officer Kevin Corbin used a translator and slide show written in English and Spanish to explain the reasons police officers pull motorists over and how subjects stopped by police should interact with investigating officers.
    So the church has slide shows written in English and Spanish to explain why police officers pull motorists over. What next, paint by number sets to explain what to do if ICE comes after them?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    I think I am going to change my name to Lesson, because I am about to school you in Con Law 101.
    The Establishment Clause (can be found in that thorn of a document called the Constitution) states that the government will neither aid nor formally estalish religion as the Constitution requires a wall of separation between church and state.
    As many times as I've read the Constitution, I've never seen that requirement ANYWHERE. I'm reading the same Constitution you are, I think, so tell me where I can find this required 'wall of separation', would you please?

That would be a lesson I'd like to learn...

Hey Gabriel

What other goodies do you have in your tiny bag of tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Gabriel don't get me going on illegal acitivty in the church. First of all how many molestation cases occurred and the priest or pastor were sent to another church, recently a priest was tried for stealing money from a parish in Florida as for illegals it is against the law for anyone from another country to be in the United States for moer than 6 months without residency or a visa. If someone is here longer they are illegal and also if they work with no, fake or stolen ID it is also illegal. If the church helps those people they are aiding and abetting criminals as is the case with Elvira in the church in Chicago.
    As for law cases Oyez and 4lawschool.com are quick and easy references as I used them for my university courses which included: Criminal Justice and the Constitution and Criminal Procedure which got into the illegal alien cases. If you want I can quote some of those for you as I have in the past.
    I have never mentioned that churches or any religious institution are always right. I don't agree with many religions; however my first reply was in regards to the member who stated that having the meeting as mentioned in the article was a violation of the Establishment Clause. THAT IS IT. I agree 100% that religion should not involve politics. My point is that just because there is a meeting in a church, it does not equate to religious indoctrination. THIS IS THE VERY SAME REASON WHY SCHOOLS (state) permit religious clubs on their campus. These very clubs use the school for their activties. There is no difference. Once the school is available as a public forum, it is allowed to have religious groups. Here the church is a public forum, and is therefore available for community issues such as informative police information.

Banned
    And yet no cite of this 'Wall of Separation'...

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Hey Gabriel

What other goodies do you have in your tiny bag of tricks?
    Are you ever going to respond with support for your legal reasoning? Better yet, why don't you contact the ACLU about this occurring. They love to take cases that involve the Establishment Clause. I will put my money where my mouth is and offer you $100 if they take the case and file suit.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    And yet no cite of this 'Wall of Separation'...
    http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/fac ... nsteng.htm

Look under the first Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievance"

The term "Wall of Separation" was taken from one of my legal documents. It is synonymous with separation of church and state as taken from the language quoted above from the Constitution.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast