Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican
    I saw this on CNN tonight, Carrillo is crying racism, in the same breath he uses the word "Gringo" over and over,
    Also saw this on CNN. He talks about race profiling and then calls us Gringo's.
    He also used another word that I missed. Did anybody catch what it was?
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

I swear somebody goes around and cleans up the "wrong" news. I read that article and it's nowhere to be found now. The lawyer was calling people gringos and another word the upperclass Mexicans use to describe the socially inferior.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK. The article I read no longer exists on the Web. I'm thinking I'm nuts but.........Articles that portray the illegal alien situation in a bad light might get filtered as "hate" news.

http://www.journalism.co.uk/news/story1873.shtml

Google dumps news sites after "hate" complaints

Posted: 31 May 2006 By: Robert Andrews

Three right-leaning US news websites have been delisted from Google News for pedalling "hate speech".

The New Media Journal, The Jawa Report and MichNews were dumped from the search engine's news aggregator portal following a review of stories prompted by complaints.

In a notice sent to New Media Journal editor Frank Salvato, Google flagged up opinion pieces published by the site that criticised Islamic behaviour,

"We received numerous reports about hate content on your site and, after reviewing these reports, decided to remove your site from Google News," the company wrote. "We do not allow articles and sources expressly promoting hate speech viewpoints in Google News." Jawa Report and MichNews received similar notices earlier.

Mr Salvato responded by saying Google had "decided to enter the political fray by openly manipulating their system's search results and [had] begun the practice of steering users away from any political content at odds with their own political agenda".(emphasis mine) The move sparked ire amongst conservative commentators, who noted the California-based website has been a donor to the Democrat party.

The inventor of Google News, which carries 10,000 news sources, on Monday told a gathering of international editors that technology will radically reinvent journalism but will not alter its fundamental principles.

Speaking at the International Press Institute's congress meeting, Krishna Bharat, the engineer who started the site in 2002 and founded Google's Indian research labs, was quoted as saying: "With each previous new technology, the face of journalism changed and we reinvented ourselves.

"But the heart of journalism - the editorial process, editorial objectivity and values - did not change. Our industry's methods of information collection and dissemination will change but not core editorial practices."
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

loserville, I've been really disappointed with google's approach to internet content lately. They turn in political dissidents in China, give info on internet searching to our gov't without a fight, want to limit users' access to web-based content and who knows what else! I've switched to other search engines which may be no better, but I think Google has gone pretty far away from their alleged corporate motto "first, do no evil."
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Don't like google anyway so this is a great reason to not use them at all.
    Those news blogs are 3 of the better blogs with solid info for the most part and are in my bookmarks.

If anyone is interested, here are some links my research group uses.
    The first is my mainstay and the rest I use here and there. Last is political. Hope they come in handy

http://clusty.com/
    http://www.info.com/
    http://www.refdesk.com/
    http://www.alexa.com/data/details/main?q=&url=http://#
    http://prohosting.fatpickle.com/

http://www.discoverthenetwork.com/default.asp {political}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the links.
    I must be ready for a foil hat. I don't think China is the only one filtering the Internet anymore. This disappearing news seems to happen pretty often. Next thing you know the only versions of an article available on the Web are from CA news sources. And all those portray illegals with tears in their eyes.
    I can't find any articles anymore where Attorney Carrillo calls people Gringos and some other name. They're just gone.

LOSER, I'll bet that the article{s} were extracted by some of the sharper blogs. Have you tried any?

It's out there Loser. Going to have to go fishing for it but someone has it.

Try the first link I gave you and run them to see what you yield.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The other word used by the attorney (besides "gringo") was "juero". [You can find the full transcript of the Lou Dobbs Tonight show at his website. Just scroll down and look on the left side of the website, in the blue strip.]

"juero" the word was probable Guero, a word that is Mexican slang for a blond-haired, fair-skinned Caucasian.

OK I've earned my foil hat.
    It is very likely that I read that transcript and then couldn't pull up references to an article on the engines. I'm standing down on the government filtering. Thanks to the forum members for helping.
    However, I didn't previously know about Google censorship. I will still be watching the phenomenon of news in Minnesota being reported from San Diego. And I did see an article of a Chicago paper disappear after the pallet raids.
    My apologies for jumping the gun, but there are people out to get us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast