Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LDS Church takes public stance on immigration legislation

By Peggy Fletcher Stack

The Salt Lake Tribune

First published 1 hour ago
    Updated 24 minutes ago Updated Mar 15, 2011 07:54PM
    The LDS Church stepped from the sidelines on immigration reform and squarely onto the playing field Tuesday by sending Presiding Bishop H. David Burton to attend and speak at Gov. Gary Herbert’s signing ceremony for four bills passed by the Utah Legislature.

“Our presence here testifies to the fact that we are appreciative of what has happened in the Legislature this session,â€

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Thats it .... you have lost 100% of support from me an ANY and I mean ANYthing that Involves The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Once you abandon American Citizens you mean nothing to me

You represent your state that I will now boycott to the best of my ability. As the senior male in my family I will forbid any family member from vacationing or skiing in your state

Salt Lake Valley ~ I'll hit Colorado's slopes (You got a problem) talk to those shit birds... you damn sure dont need my money
    Ogden ~ I'll hit Colorado's slopes ..... "Ditto"

Any business that is centered in your state I will go out of my way to boycott them as well

as far as I am concerned that Church just fell off of the face of the earth and Utah the same goes for you

I am just 1 of 368 people in my family, but I'll do what I can to spread this as far as I can

Let the Boycott begin and eventually, you'll feel it in your pocket books
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hypocrites.

Excerpt From Mormon Doctrine:

"We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law."
    Pandering to illegal aliens when over 50,000 Utah children have had their social security numbers stolen by illegal aliens.
    I guess they couldn't resist all the conversions both here and in Mexico.

Lots of Mormons should be PISSED about this.

The problem with the Utah Compact is that it's full of S* as it talks about immigration reform and there is not a single "illegal immigrant" word in the entire bill!! How can people be SO STUPID to support something like that, especially a large Church?

The Bible is very specific on obeying the laws of God and Man. Do NOT covet thy neighbors stuff and Do NOT steal are even in the 10 Commandants given to Moses directly from God. Illegals come here because they covet what we have and they steal everything they can get from us.

No true Church would ever support illegals.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... 8ZlnUpV_nQ

Mitt Romney is a sixth-generation member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter -day Saints (LDS Church, colloquially known as the Mormon church)

If you thought you could pull this shit to get support in the Hispanic community to help Romney.... I think it will backfire

He was 50% - 50% prior to this ... he is Church of Jesus Christ of Latter -day Saints so I guess i can expect him to do the same on a National level so I'll fight to keep him out of office with everything I got

I'll vote for Obama before I will vote for a Traiterous church that cant stay out of politics and I am a Die Hard Republican

at least with Obama I know what to expect .. this bull shit you people pulled I cant even say on here
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Churches have no business becoming involved in matters of naturalization, immigration and citizenship. Those are in no way theological issues. Churches that do this should have their 501c3 status revoked.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Banned

Re: LDS Church takes public stance on immigration legislatio

[quote="CindyB"]

Arturo Morales-LLan, head of Legal Immigrants for Immigration Law Enforcement, supports Rep. Stephen Sandstrom’s, R-Orem, enforcement-only bill. [b]He said he will not believe that the church supports these reform efforts until he sees an official statement from the LDS First Presidency itself.

“David Burton has a right to be present or to be involved in any affairs concerning the faith,â€

Banned
    We have seen the LDS church while not openly saying so..posturing in support of illegals in the USA. Very much in line witht he Catholic church and shedding the seperation of church and state. They only use the seperation issue when its in their favor. LDS does not care about anything or anyone outside their church community. This backing of the Utah law is a very clear indicator of what their foundation is really made of.

There it is folks. And you heard it first here at ALIPAC.

We tried to warn everyone LDS was behind this 100%.

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    There it is folks. And you heard it first here at ALIPAC.

We tried to warn everyone LDS was behind this 100%.

W
    Yeah, but most Mormons worth the name won't be happy with the shenanigans to protect illegal aliens. In fact, if you read the forums in Utah, most people are AGAINST illegal immigration and guest worker programs. The problem is that Utah's legislature doesn't listen to the will of the people. They do what they want. What's sad is that 50,000 Utah children have had their social security numbers stolen so illegals can work. What the LDS Church has done does not represent the opinion of its membership. I think that the s* will hit the fan over this one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast