Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Local activists seek U.S. deportation freeze

March 5, 2007
    Local activists seek U.S. deportation freeze
    Sarah N. Lynch, Tribune
    Sept. 29, 2006, was a day Héctor De León will never forget. That is the day he says immigration officials showed up to his Phoenix home with bulletproof vests and guns and arrested his wife, Silvia Carpeo.

Carpeo, who entered the country illegally, was sent to Florence to await deportation to Guatemala.

De León said they were only a year or two away from receiving green cards and he doesn’t understand why they want to deport her.

De León shared his story Thursday at a news conference at the Faith Lutheran Church in Phoenix.

He, as well as religious and immigration advocacy groups, are asking President Bush for a temporary moratorium on all detentions, deportations and workplace raids until stronger immigration reforms are enacted.

The speakers included Mesa activist and evangelical pastor Magdalena Schwartz and Rep. Ben Miranda, D-Phoenix. They said a moratorium is needed to prevent the separation of American children from their immigrant parents.

“There are mothers being detained in Florence. There are fathers being detained,” Schwartz said in Spanish. “We are here to ask President Bush to have mercy. It’s time that we show compassion for our brothers.”

Schwartz said the group plans to send the president a letter outlining its request. It would be part of a national movement by interfaith and immigration advocacy organizations urging the president to take action, Schwartz said.

Rep. Mark Anderson, R-Mesa, said he appreciates the groups’ concerns about how deportations are affecting families, but the legislator said he doubts the letters to the president will have an effect.

“If you look at it from strictly a humanitarian point of view, there is certainly a valid (point) to say maybe we should stop,” he said. “But it’s not realistic because it’s a bigger issue than just that.”

He said it could take Congress another 10 years to enact any meaningful reform of immigration law. “In the meantime, you have 10 years of a free pass to live here,” he said.

Lauren Mack, a spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, would not comment on the feasibility of a moratorium on deportations. She said she was unaware of any such moratorium in the country’s history. She said she understands the difficulties families endure with deportation, but she pointed out that “people who come into this country illegally made that choice.”

Meanwhile, De León said his lawyer is fighting to keep his wife in the U.S. with him and their four American-born children. “It’s not fair what they’re doing to my wife,” he said in Spanish. “She’s been here 14 years. She doesn’t have a criminal record. She’s a good person.”
    http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/85220
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

These illegals just floor me. They knowingly break our laws and when they get arrested they just can't understand why they are being picked on by the US government, duh.

Johnny
    <div class="entry-content">
    <div class="snap_preview">&ldquo;To the German Commander, Nuts! A.C. McAuliffe, Commanding.&rdquo;
    General A.C. McAuliffe
    </div>
    </div>

“It’s not fair what they’re doing to my wife,”
    “people who come into this country illegally made that choice.”
    If you can't take the punishment then don't do the crime!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny1966
    These illegals just floor me. They knowingly break our laws and when they get arrested they just can't understand why they are being picked on by the US government, duh.

Johnny
    What scares me most is that apparently the majority of these illegals have the same mindset. It's as if they all share one brain cell. Everything crime they commit, and every child they bare is the fault or responsibilty of someone else. I believe its another one of those cultural deficiencies which is why Messyco is and will forever be an uninhabitable mess. They envy America and Americans and have been brainwashed by the Laraza entities to believe that had we not stolen "their land" their lifestyles would have been exactly like those of Americans today.

The very idea that there are millions illegal aliens who deliberately put themselves and have anchor babies to justify their refusal to take any responsiblity for their actions is scarey isn't it?
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Local activists seek

Our government has refused to enforce the laws for so long that actual enforcement is a suprise to everyone. The illegals know, very well, the risk they take by living here.

There is no guarantee that new legislation will help these families. My hope is that any new laws will make it impossible for them to find employment. Then, of course the banking system will cry about illegals not paying their Credit Card bills or mortgages........

One word... entitlement.

They all feel entitled.

Deport them all.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

The whole thing depends on the economics of employment. Our employers want them so they can pay less. They accept the bargain. If either of those factors changed, the situation would change, but they feed on each other.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Local activists seek

Quote Originally Posted by Texan123
    Our government has refused to enforce the laws for so long that actual enforcement is a suprise to everyone. The illegals know, very well, the risk they take by living here.

There is no guarantee that new legislation will help these families. My hope is that any new laws will make it impossible for them to find employment. Then, of course the banking system will cry about illegals not paying their Credit Card bills or mortgages........
    Exactly, and their trump card is having as many "American" anchor babies to give them leverage when all else fails. It amazes me that anyone could call themself a mother or father knowing that they deliberately conceived a child that they cannot provide for not out of love or by accident but as a tool to justify their crimes.

Not only do I hope the new laws abolish hiring illegal aliens, but I also hope that dispersement of any and all benefits is discontinued. Last but not least, the 14th Amendment should be rescinded and any child born to an illegal alien in the US after the '86 amnesty should not be considered an American citizen but a citizen of the mother's homeland.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

MW
    ............but she was only 1 or 2 years away from a green card!

Geez, the lady has been in this country illegally for 14 years. I'll bet she was only 1 or 2 years away from her green card 10 years ago. Notice her husband still can't speak English after all these years.

IMO, no one in this country illegally should ever be eligible to apply for a green card or anything else that would legalize their status while their two feet are planted on American soil.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

IMO, no one in this country illegally should ever be eligible to apply for a green card or anything else that would legalize their status while their two feet are planted on American soil.
    MW
    we're going to have to be very careful with this one.
    Remember, they're {repubs} working on TOUCH-BACK program in order to get around AMERICANS and their AMNESTY........paraphrased straight out of Senator Cornyn's forked tongue.

At this point, they shouldn't even be allowed back into our country if they were to go to the back of the line.........THEY'RE NOT WORTHY of American citizenship!!!

I've had it with the politicos double crossing of the American people and their double talk lies.

This government can take it's OPEN BORDERS with it's CRIMINAL INVADERS and shove it all up their collective arses with my foot along as an added benefit.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast