Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh, they could send her son back to us. I don't think we have a choice but to not take on anchor babies.!
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    Now...she needs to take her son, and her illegal friends back home and fight for change there!!

It would be interesting to know how tolerant Mexican law would be of that same behavior. My bet is that they would not leave her in a church for a year.
    No way. From what I hear Mexico has some of the strictest illegal immigration laws in the world. They don't mess around.
    FIRST OFFENSE is two years
    Second offence........ TEN YEARS

"From the time I took sanctuary the possibility has existed that they arrest me in the place and time they want," Arellano said in Spanish. "I only have two choices. I either go to my country, Mexico, or stay and keep fighting. I decided to stay and fight."
    WRONGO! We decided it was time for you to leave!
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

This is the best news I've heard in a week. Party time!
    ( STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT EMPLOYMENT - BOYCOTT FIELDALE FARMS, PILGRIMS PRIDE & TYSON POULTRY )

THANKS FOR THE FIREWORKS, APRIL AND JEAN

WOW!

This is great news. That arrogant S.O.B. must have been so confident that they were going to continue the hands off policy with her...
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Great news, fantastic!

I just read the story on Fox news and I'm glad they put in about her being illegal, etc. etc. What is really scary is the fact that she was working on airplanes at an airport. Since this news is getting spread about, maybe it will make a lot of sympathizers think twice about allowing illegals to stay and giving them amnesty. Our airports MUST be secure against stuff like this, if she got in to work on planes what is to stop terrorists?!

Immigration Rights Activist Elvira Arrellano Arrested by Immigration Officers

Arellano was arrested outside Our Lady Queen of Angels Church.
    Last Edited: Sunday, 19 Aug 2007, 5:01 PM PDT
    Created: Sunday, 19 Aug 2007, 4:13 PM PDT

Elvira Arellano, an illegal immigrant who has taken up sanctuary at Adalberto United Methodist Church in Chicago since Aug. 15, 2006, talks to the media during a press conference at the church in this Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2007 file photo in Chicago. Arellano has left the sanctuary to attend an immigration rights rally in Los Angeles, her friend said Friday, Aug. 17, 2007.
    Immigration Activist Arrest

Illegal immigrant and immigration activist Elvira Arellano, who fled to Chicago to avoid separation from her 8-year-old American son was arrested Sunday (8/19).
    Related Items
    Pictures

Los Angeles --
    An illegal immigrant who sought sanctuary in a Chicago church for a year to avoid deportation and separation from her 8-year-old American son was arrested Sunday, the church's pastor said.

• Story: Illegal Immigrant Who Fled to Chicago a No-Show for LA Rally

Elvira Arellano was arrested before 3 p.m. outside Our Lady Queen of Angels church on L.A.'s historic Olvera Street where she had been speaking to reporters, said the Rev. Walter Coleman, pastor of Adalberto United Methodist Church in Chicago where she sought sanctuary.

Coleman said he was with Arellano when she was detained, but declined to provide other details.

"We're trying to determine her situation right now," he said.

It was unclear what law enforcement agency had taken Arellano into custody.

A call to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was not immediately returned.

The 32-year-old Arellano arrived in Los Angeles on Saturday, leaving her sanctuary for the first time in a year to campaign for immigration reform.

Arellano has become a symbol of the struggles of illegal immigrant parents and a source of controversy. She had said Saturday she was not afraid of being taken into custody by immigration agents.

"From the time I took sanctuary the possibility has existed that they arrest me in the place and time they want," she said in Spanish. "I only have two choices. I either go to my country, Mexico, or stay and keep fighting. I decided to stay and fight."

Arellano came to Washington state illegally in 1997. She was deported to Mexico shortly after, but returned and moved to Illinois in 2000, taking a job cleaning planes at O'Hare International Airport.

She was arrested in 2002 at O'Hare and later convicted of working under a false Social Security number. She was to surrender to authorities last August.

She sought refuge at the storefront church on Chicago's West Side Aug. 15, 2006. She had not left the church property until deciding to be driven to Los Angeles, Coleman said.

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?conte...&pageId=3.2.1

Re: Immigration activist who sought sanctuary arrested in L.

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    "I only have two choices. I either go to my country, Mexico, or stay and keep fighting. I decided to stay and fight."
    Wait, I am confuse, El-vile-ra......

Stay and fight?

or

Your country?

So, you admit that the USA is not your country.....yet your preference is to stay in this alien nation and FIGHT?? Fight for what? Against whom? This mindset is VERY telling of the illegal immigrant population.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast