Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LULAC demands county pay bilingual ee's higher salary

Hoagland’s vote against pay supplement for bilingual workers sparks criticism
    By Brandi Hart, Staff writer
    (Created: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:51 PM CDT)
    Collin County commissioners on Tuesday heard from local members of the League of Latin American Citizens (LULAC), who were concerned that some commissioners do not think that hiring bilingual people is a good thing.

Commissioners voted 4-1 on June 3 to hire Nancy Tenorio, who is bilingual, for a job in the Collin County Clerk’s office. They also voted to increase her salary by 3 percent because she can speak English and Spanish. Commissioner Jerry Hoagland voted against hiring Tenorio because he did not want to pay her more than other employees simply because she is bilingual, he said at the June 3 meeting.

“We’re enabling people by doing this,â€

MW
    If you're not outraged, you should be!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]“We’re enabling people by doing this,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

My Gawd looks like LULAC another ethnocentric radical racist group, has their hands into every part of city government...this is not good!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

This is ridiculous! I am bilingual but don't speak Spanish and have never been compensated above English speakers. What else ridiculous does LULAC and all other pro-IA groups have in their arsenal?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

sosadforus: LULAC is LA RAZA's twin, ethno-supremacist, open borders, pro-Mexican illegal alien advocacy group and clever race-baiting corporate donation hustlers...they seek to change policy to benefit their mostly "Mexican" members by using the race card at every turn, whether it's law enforcement, school boards, and the government workplaces. They are divisive and racist.

....they seek to change policy to benefit their mostly "Mexican" members by using the race card at every turn, whether it's law enforcement, school boards, and the government workplaces.
    It also appears they are seeking to secure a future employment advantage for "la raza" anchor babies.

McKinney City Councilwoman Gilda Garza, a member of LULAC Council 608, said she was appalled and disappointed by the court’s action over the past year. She specifically spoke about Hoagland’s vote against paying the bilingual supplement to Tenorio
    These militant/hostile ethno-centrists have infiltrated EVERY level of our government and city leadership!

This is the real danger! People like Gilda Garza who has an agenda and has the power to implement her agenda at the local level!

anytime organizations say that they are civil rights advocates etc they will get what they want as people are afraid of lawsuits. It's bullying!

Since English is the common language of the US, that should be it. Unless towns can provide interpreters in EVERY language, it is discriminating by paying more for spanish speaking employees.
    Exactly.

Now I don't know what others experience around the country but I don't get paid more money because I'm older and have to run here and there to scan alcohol or approve cigarettes or run equipment that a younger employee can't. I don't get more money for experience or education. I don't get more money for working the hours younger people can't. so with this womans stance is if a person hasn't even finished highschool, but speaks Spanish, gets paid more than someone starting out at the same job who is an adult, more experience, more education, and is holding more responsibility than the younger counterpart.

I could just as easily be a man that gets stuck with more than my share of heavy lifting and such because the girls can't lift that much....and he gets paid the same? You can be the computer whiz in the office that everyone turns too when something goes wrong and they don't get more money. I've been countless places where people are at jobs and don't know diddly about what they are doing and they get the same pay as the one they run to all the time for the answers yet might get paid more now because they Spanish?

There are countless examples of people carrying the load more in one area than others and still get the same pay. Remember.....CHEAP is the name of the game here and added skills don't always equal more money.

This is LaRaza making sure they corner all the jobs by either using minority status or language to keep others out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast