Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SAVE Act Discharge Petition Filed, Gaining Momentum

(March 13) Supporters of the enforcement-only SAVE Act (Secure America with Verification Enforcement; H.R. 408 have already gained more than two-thirds of the signers needed to force a vote in the U.S. House. Click to view the 169 bi-partisan signers (as of 3 p.m. on Thursday) of the Discharge Petition filed by Rep. Thelma Drake (R-Va.) on Tuesday.

If the petition collects 218 House signatures, a simple majority, the bill can bypass the committee process and be placed on the House floor for a vote, regardless of any objections by Democratic leaders.

http://www.numbersusa.com/index

The Question:

How many representatives are there in Congress and for how long do we elect the representatives?
    The Answer:

There are 435 representatives in the U.S. Congress.

They should be able to get enough votes with that many reps, yes?!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    Ex_OC: YOu are right on the money....! The SAVE Act does address the illegal aliens currently squatting in our country....it denies them jobs, and benefits the very magnets that have lured them here ...and will force them to return on their own (for the most part) at their own expense (not ours!).

LULAC and LA RAZA and the Mexican Consulates would do the right thing by counseling the IA's to start getting their affairs and documents in order and make plans to self-repatriate as soon as possible before they lose their jobs or are involuntarily deported. THat would be the most sensible, humane thing to do. U.S. citizen kids need to go home with their families...they can come back anytime they want later.
    It makes me mad when they throw up the 'separating the families" excuse. Most of them are separated anyway. Either the guys here and he family is in Mexico or the family is here and he works away and sends money to them. I say it's the chance they took by going to a country and living there ILLEGAL. My sympathy is with us Americans being screwed over by our country and Mexico, plus some others.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

4088 can lay down "the law of the land" all in one action. i hope it gets past pelosi, if its voted thru, sparks will shoot from her ears!!!

Quote Originally Posted by draindog
    4088 can lay down "the law of the land" all in one action. i hope it gets past pelosi, if its voted thru, sparks will shoot from her ears!!!
    What ways can it get stopped? I hope they can't table it till a later date ....
    Dick Morris

I am hoping that if 218 Members sign the petition, IT MEANS THAT THEY WILL ALSO VOTE YEA ON THE SAVE ACT. It stands to reason, BUT when it comes to Congress, one can never be sure because of all their hidden agendas. Some may want it to go to the Floor so they can vote Nay and shut it up altogether, no?

Notice that most of the Dems who signed both the Act and the petition are freshmen Dems? They are still untouched by the "career-politician" bug and still believe in representing their constituents. They want to get re-elected, and they get an earful about illegal immigration from their constituents every weekend when they go home. They have got to answer to their constitutents otherwise they know they will never be re-elected.

THIS PROVES THAT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS A NON-BIPARTISAN ISSUE. RATHER, IT IS AN AMERICAN ISSUE. THIS SHOULD NOT BE A PARTY-LINE VOTE. IT SHOULD BE A VOTE ACCORDING TO WHAT CONSTITUENTS WANT!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

So far I've written 34 of our 150 or so reps. One just wrote back and asked what it was???
    I said, Why haven't you signed this? We are all watching you...
    Dick Morris

Wonder if Bush would VETO 4088????

Why are the Mexicans allowed all these consulates? Do other countries have them here? They are the ones getting the Mexicans to revolt...
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Why are the Mexicans allowed all these consulates? Do other countries have them here? They are the ones getting the Mexicans to revolt...
    Mexico has 47 consulates here. They plan to have 50 total.

In contrast, Canada only has 14.

Hmmmm.....makes you wonder, huh.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12