Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Make the FEDS pay for illegals in all state prisons UPDATED

Make the federal government pay for the costs of illegals in California’s prisons!

State Senator John Benoit (R-Bermuda Dunes) has introduced SB 125, a measure aimed at pressuring the federal government to reimburse California for the full cost of incarcerating illegal aliens.

The legislation would require the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to bill the federal government annually for the full cost of imprisoning illegal aliens. If the federal government fails to compensate the state, SB 125 would require the California Attorney General to use all available legal recourses to compel the federal government to do so.

According to statistics from the United States Department of Justice, there are 25,728 illegal aliens incarcerated in California prisons, comprising an estimated 15 percent of the state's prison population. The Department of Corrections spent $662.4 million housing illegal aliens in the 2005-06 fiscal year, a cost that has risen to over $900 million during this current fiscal year due to an 11 percent increase in the population of illegal alien prisoners.

This measure seeks to alleviate the financial burden imposed on California by criminal aliens, and it reminds the federal government that we are tired of its failure to stop illegal immigration.

(This means that California is trying to do something about illegal immigration.

And some people here don't want to help them do that.)

http://capwiz.com/caps/issues/alert/?alertid=13010641
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So

The Rest of the country has to pay for California's sanctuary and liberal policies? I dont think so.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    it's called the Broke wanting money from the Broke program
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California is broke.
    If the feds don't pay for illegals in CA. prisons CA. will have to cut them loose just like the rest of the prisoners that they are getting ready to release.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I of course think its insane to force other states to pay for Mexifornia's mistakes. However, it is the job (supposedly) of the Feds to deal with immigration. Obviously they haven't but they need to "pay up" for their mistakes. I might add that the biggest explosion of illegal aliens in my area has occurred under George Bush. He allowed the biggest invasion ever.

Quote Originally Posted by wilma1
    . . . it is the job (supposedly) of the Feds to deal with immigration. Obviously they haven't but they need to "pay up" for their mistakes. I might add that the biggest explosion of illegal aliens in my area has occurred under George Bush. He allowed the biggest invasion ever.
    And now Bush, Obama, McCain, Clinton, Kennedy, etc. ALL want to reward the criminal actions of MILLIONS of illegal aliens by giving them amnesty like Reagan did for more than 3 MILLION illegals in 1986.
    NO AMNESTY

MW
    California made its own bed, now it's time to lie in it.

I think it's understood that California, for the most part, is a sanctuary state. How dare they ask the federal government (U.S. taxpayers) to pay for the incarceration of illegals that they have rolled out the red carpet for! If I thought for one minute that California was actually attempting to do something about their illegal alien problem, I would consider supporting SB 125.

Don't light a match to your house and then expect me to risk my life extinguishing the fire.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The FEDS should have to pay to keep illegal aliens in prison in every state because illegal immigration is a federal responsibility that the feds have failed to take care of.

If the feds had done their job there wouldn't be any illegal aliens in any state to put in prison.
    NO AMNESTY

MW
    JohnDoe2 wrote:

The FEDS should have to pay to keep illegal aliens in prison in every state because illegal immigration is a federal responsibility that the feds have failed to take care of.

If the feds had done their job there wouldn't be any illegal aliens in any state to put in prison.
    I think most of us agree that individual states also share a certain degree of responsibility. The federal government doesn't have the resources to effectively deal with 30 million illegal aliens, especially when states such as California circumvent federal law and act as sanctuary states.

I hear what you're saying, JohnDoe, and you make some excellent points. However, California is not an innocent victim. The state created many of the problems they're facing where illegal aliens are concerned.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

PROBLEM
    You and I don't get to decide if SB 125 becomes law.

Congress and the president do, and they have already shown that they don't care what is best for the country or the voters. The do as the please.

PROBLEM
    California is under FEDERAL Court Order to reduce prison over crowding. The only way they can do that in the time frame set up by the federal judge is to release inmates. If they release inmates who are citizens they get to stay in California. If the FEDS won't pay to keep the illegal alien inmates locked up it makes more sense to release the illegal alien inmates and have the FEDS pick them up and deport them.

Problem
    The FEDS have already shown that they are either unwilling or unable to keep criminal aliens from returning to the U.S. and committing more crimes. To your state? Maybe. Would you rather see them released from California and deported, only to show up in your state committing crimes or would you prefer that the feds pay to keep them locked up in what ever state prison they are currently in?
    NO AMNESTY

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast